Unnecessary Shouting - (your views)

It is people from other countries not mine that are loud.

Just kidding in reality, every country has people who can be way too loud.

One thing about this place though I never get is the loud speaker usually female advertisers in malls, shops,

markets, etc.  They turn up the volume so high it hurts the ears I just try to block it out.  If a person knows something about communication, people actually listen/respond better to lower volumes.  Definitely not the way here.

11 hours ago, WildBillHiccup said:

I am interested in other folks' views regarding the subject of Unnecessary Shouting.

By and large people do tend to respect each others personal space - however, as an example, you can be (say) sat in a bar enjoying a chilled beer when two people come into the bar and they sit down together (well within 'touching distance' of each other) 

and shout into each others faces. It matters not that the subject matter of what they are shouting about to each other is (in your opinion) of a "confidential nature" and is of zero interest to you; you are nevertheless an unwilling captive audience and you are forced to listen to every detail about their hemorrhoids - (or whatever?) This isirrespective of the shouters' nationalities - "we" all of us seem to do it - (and Leo does

seem to increase the shouters volume).

Yes, yes, yes, I know - "pay up and move to another bar" or "buy ear plugs" & etc - - -but I am not asking for an answer to this Pattaya shouting phenomena only opinions.

There is no answer .....     

Maybe its because their trying to talk over the 110 decibel boom boom music playing. Fairly normal in Thailand, music so loud you need to wear heavy duty ear muffs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

We have a lot of shouters and people with no volume control in our neighbourhood. I'm not sure why people sitting next to each other need to talk loud enough to hear from 100 metres away. In Thailand, I think it is all those years of exposure to loud music.

Maybe it is just because I am a quietly spoken person. I won't travel in the car with some of my wife's friends because they are so loud I will get a headache. 

Dang, same with me. I wear earplugs in cars with Thai people

11 hours ago, Surelynot said:

OMG......my pet hate (along with many others)......why oh why do people think I want too hear what they have to say. They are arrogant, stupid and annoying....if there was no law against murder. oh dear .......By nation...can we say??? Americans, Italians, British....worst offenders by far.

Next pet hate on a par with this...people who put their phones on loud speaker (and then have to shout to be heard)....arrrggghhh.

How do you know they aren’t Canadians? Do they have a maple leaf tattooed on their forehead? So Australians are quiet? Spanish? Brazilians ? Chinese?  Oh please!  So your by nations comment is soo lame. 

15 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Or wear hearing aids or learn sign language? 

Not sure what your point is but I try not to shout in public spaces. I don't NEED to wear hearing aids as I'm only partially deaf, but if I don't I have to ask people not to speak to me when looking away from me as I can't hear what they are saying. As long as speaking AT me I can hear them well enough.

I work in a pub kitchen which has an open gantry, it is noticeable that the volume of 

conversation in the bar gets louder as the evening progresses, so alcohol would have 

a lot to do with it.

I do find it amusing that an Isaan lady can be having a quiet conversation with the person 

next to her, only to spot someone across the road and strike up an ear splitting, long distance 

conversation with them!!

17 hours ago, Sujo said:

i see that a lot in malaysia. Quiet bar and a phone call on speaker like i care. Annoys me.

Get a group of chinese together. Starts ok, within the hour it seems the louder they yabber the more important it is.

In a bar i expect it. Restaurant no.

Why is it that every time there is a topic about anything negative there are always Chinese people involved at some point?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In my favorite bars the music is so loud that I wouldn't hear those guys. And anyhow, who cares about other guys in a bar?

3d30be290545c433c19a31933166ed48.jpg.fb523421c89fe4db42b085de0912d4eb.jpg

The old guy at the back is so bored he's fallen asleep.

Shout louder and wake him up!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, BritManToo said:

Plenty of bars, nobody forces you to stay.

I tend to agree.  If someone comes into a bar and starts acting like an ass, I finish my drink and move on. Lots of fish in the Thai sea. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, WildBillHiccup said:

"actonion" you have my sincerest and profound sympathies.

In the past I have had friends with severe hearing problems.

One man (a work colleague) was totally deaf - but he had the talent of lip reading.

Another, a girlfriend, suffered an extreme form of Tinnitus. 

It would drive her crazy at times, so much so that she gnawed off the top digit of

one of her fingers in an attempt to quell the agrivation of the continuous 'popping'

in her ears ... but my post was titled "Unnecessary Shouting"

Good Luck and Stay Safe  

Thank you, i have the tinnitus too but not as bad as your freind's girlfrirend, but i have the Balance problem too, none of it can be helped.. currently learning the lip reading, its a life time job..this is a result of time served in HM Forces

On 3/5/2021 at 4:57 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I don't suppose that you live somewhere close to Hans Schnitzel do you ????????? 

If thats the German Restaurant  ( that used to be), yes i live very close 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, cncltd1973 said:

Dang, same with me. I wear earplugs in cars with Thai people

Could it be they have  a hearing problem  that they need to raise their voices?

On 3/5/2021 at 1:14 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

While I sympathise ( I'm partially deaf myself and hate wearing a hearing aid ), does it not occur to you that going to a public place and shouting is somewhat antisocial? Can you not write things down that have to be conveyed, and keep the shouting till in your own space?

I find it  almost difficult  trying to write messages to my wife while we are walking around a Supermarket and any other place.. Being as  deaf as i am, i am unaware of the volume that im speaking  only when  the other person tells me to Shhhhh

Anti social yes,  IF  you dont have a Hearing problem... Is being Blind or any other  medical problem that involves inconveniencing the public  antisocial?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, suhoaswhas said:

Loud people are just uneducated low so people that I avoid !

Maybe those people have a hearing problem,   but an uneducated person would'nt  understand that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

Maybe those people have a hearing problem,   but an uneducated person would'nt  understand that

Unusual to get 4 or 5.of them in one.group with hearing problems shouting.

But they do.

• Haha 1