Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

New Buzzword: Area Quarantine - Thailand set to open resorts and islands as three ministries tackle tourism crisis


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... Meanwhile Brits, having been vaccinated, will be able to take their annual 2 weeks summer holiday in Cyprus without being incarcerated and gouged of their hard earned cash.

Cyprus will allow British tourists who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 into the country without restrictions from May 1, its tourism minister said on Thursday.   Take note Thaila

Pipat, forget all these ridiculous plans. Get on the phone to Cha Cha and Anutin and tell them that the ONLY way tourism can reopen is if Thailand gets 70% of its population vaccinated, with some prio

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bubble should be the buzzword.  Each tourist will get their own bubble to stay inside of.

 

image.jpeg.a5805a9c2b7ede9e15911464157c9c70.jpegImage result for rolling body bubble bounce game

The Flaming Lips held a gig earlier this year with people in such bubbles-bigger really. Everyone could stand, move and dance in them. 


Flaming Lips stage unique 'space bubble' concert in Oklahoma https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flaming Lips, sounds like the current government  here in Thailand with all of the lip service given to the public.  Well done. Just need the Songkran Water festival and they will be complete.

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The Flaming Lips held a gig earlier this year with people in such bubbles-bigger really. Everyone could stand, move and dance in them. 


 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

... Meanwhile Brits, having been vaccinated, will be able to take their annual 2 weeks summer holiday in Cyprus without being incarcerated and gouged of their hard earned cash.

Have fun it’s not Thailand 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bubble should be the buzzword.  Each tourist will get their own bubble to stay inside of.

 

image.jpeg.a5805a9c2b7ede9e15911464157c9c70.jpegImage result for rolling body bubble bounce game

Not a bad idea actually. Put a mini fridge in there stocked with beer and a laptop and I’d be happy. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Obviously they live in a parallel universe.  These people love patting themselves on the back.

 

So lets see how many of the population in Thailand have had the vaccine so far. 0.0001%  Very well done on delivering the vaccine.

 

Microscope Please! Emoji    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

 

Microscope - Wikipedia

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

 Cyprus will allow British tourists who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 into the country without restrictions from May 1, its tourism minister said on Thursday.

 

Take note Thailand, this is the only way it will work ................LOL

Fortunately it is not up to you, or anyone else on this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I do find it odd that they don't mention Hua Hin.

 

I know a lot of tourists tend to pass through HH. But there are plenty of longstayers - especially among the retirees and snowbirds like me who do stay for months on end renting and spending.

 

Still, at least it is moving incrementally in the right direction. They're obviously terrified of losing all of a second high season.

 

Edited by BusyB
Link to post
Share on other sites

"While the ministry of public health under Anutin Charnvirakul - who has masterminded Thailand's Covid-19 response strategies - will handle health and vaccine matters making sure that each and every Thai and foreigner is as safe as can be"

 

Including the "dirty unwashed" ones? And the ones who refuse to wear a mask? (Where is his by the way? Every pic I have seen of him spouting off recently he is conspicuously "maskless" while those round about him seem to be following the "rules")

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

... Meanwhile Brits, having been vaccinated, will be able to take their annual 2 weeks summer holiday in Cyprus without being incarcerated and gouged of their hard earned cash.

Only from May the 1st

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sambum said:

"While the ministry of public health under Anutin Charnvirakul - who has masterminded Thailand's Covid-19 response strategies - will handle health and vaccine matters making sure that each and every Thai and foreigner is as safe as can be"

 

Including the "dirty unwashed" ones? And the ones who refuse to wear a mask? Where is his by the way? Every pic I have seen of him spouting off recently he is conspicuously "maskless" while those round about him seem to be following the "rules". Oh, I forgot, I think he changed his mind on that - didn't he?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I doubt that vaccinated tourists look forward traveling to a country where the locals haven’t been vaccinated.

 

A good test of the efficacy of their particular "jab"!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...