Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Ambitious "landbridge" plans could see Thailand as hub of worldwide  sea transport


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slowly the chips are falling into place for China's domination of half the world - Myanmar cot case, Thailand corruption, Cambodia ditto both, Laos ditto both, Pakistan ditto both ... India surrounded

And where will the expertise, equipment, and money to build come from?  C-H-I-N-A.

Dream on, the only hub this place is good at is the hub of BS.😜

Posted Images

More stuff to fall off the back of the train.

 

Will be inetersting to see if this is economically feasible, once the "study" is completed.

 

 

 

By the time this thing is completed we'll probably have matter transporters?

 

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/transport/governments-land-bridge-plan-still-floating#:~:text=The land bridge would consist,travel time by 2 days.

 

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30395773

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

The whole plan will ultimately link up with the EEC scheme on the eastern seaboard that includes a high speed train from Bangkok to Rayong and huge investment in infrastructure.

 

The word 'ultimately' worries me a bit given the Thai's usual long-term planning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

The whole plan will ultimately link up with the EEC scheme on the eastern seaboard that includes a high speed train from Bangkok to Rayong and huge investment in infrastructure.

 

The word 'ultimately' worries me a bit...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tinca tinca said:

just when ??

perhaps MARS is in their plans too, and I do NOT mean a MARS bar !!!

Myanmar Acute Respiratory Syndrome, MARS? 

 

That hub is in Samut Shakon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Albert Mathieu, planned the first tunnel under the English Channel in 1802, envisioning an underground passage with ventilation chimneys that would stretch above the waves."

************

In 1865, a deputation led by George Ward Hunt proposed the idea of a tunnel to the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

*********

The first meaningful attempt to build a tunnel across the English Channel happened much earlier than most people think. In 1880,

*******

The idea for a canal across Panama dates back to the 16th century. In 1513,

****

 

Gosh aren't the Thais stupid ---they talked about this Hugh engineering feat of cutting through Thailand & joining two oceans a few years ago--but they "still" haven't done anything about it yet..... I guess thats Thailand for you. lazy gits............:w00t:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Gosh aren't the Thais stupid ---they talked about this Hugh engineering feat of cutting through Thailand & joining two oceans a few years ago--but they "still" haven't done anything about it yet..... I guess thats Thailand for you. lazy gits............:w00t:

 

Kra Isthmus Canal suggested as far back as 1677.

 

Your point is what, exactly?

 

🙄

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Your point is what, exactly?

My point is that they are exactly the same as any other country.......................:coffee1:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

My point is that they are exactly the same as any other country.......................:coffee1:

 

But those countries you mentioned HAVE completed a tunnel and a canal?

 

😵

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Hub of Hubs and wasted spending.  Nice idea, but take care of what is inside of your borders first instead of trying to line your corrupt pockets.

By creating opportunities like the one under consideration and examination (the Hub of Hubs, as you refer to it), you create a better way of greatly improving the "inside of your borders". If this project comes to fruition, it will make a great difference to the Thai economy and improve the life of the inhabitants of Thailand. So what is wrong with it????

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

By creating opportunities like the one under consideration and examination (the Hub of Hubs, as you refer to it), you create a better way of greatly improving the "inside of your borders". If this project comes to fruition, it will make a great difference to the Thai economy and improve the life of the inhabitants of Thailand. So what is wrong with it????

Nothings wrong with it if you want your country to be the center of the next future conflagration of the world as all roads will lead to Thailand.  Irrespective of that, there are many other things that would benefit this countries economy outside of a land bridge.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...