Ambitious "landbridge" plans could see Thailand as hub of worldwide  sea transport

webfact

10 hours ago, Taswegian23 said:

Sadly, the majority of Thais are exactly that. Or perhaps you have a better reason why the land of the everlasting hub is still as poor as it is? People badly need to come to terms with the reality that Thais are not at all interested in development, they are only interested in the face that comes from being able to pretend that they're a developed country.

Not at all the same thing.

Learn something about the psychology and culture of Thais, preferably before insulting someone who does not share your views. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what brought the majority of expats here in the first place; which probably includes you.

Some young Thais I knew were lazy, but the great majority worked harder than many farangs I've known, for a lot less reward and in far harder conditions.

IMO your rant against Thais in general is just so wrong.

Or perhaps you have a better reason why the land of the everlasting hub is still as poor as it is?

I do, but most expats know what it is and it's not because Thais don't work hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Taswegian23 said:

Believe who you want friend. Disbelieve who you want. I don't care very much really.

Start with the average IQ, then go to employment rate (don't believe the government figures without corroboration - assume they're lying). Then go to average debt and average savings, you'll get the hang of it after a while.

Then draw your own conclusions from the science and the statistics.

"It's only words
And words are all I have..."

The Bee Gees 1985

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some young Thais I knew were lazy, but the great majority worked harder than many farangs I've known, for a lot less reward and in far harder conditions.

IMO your rant against Thais in general is just so wrong.

Or perhaps you have a better reason why the land of the everlasting hub is still as poor as it is?

I do, but most expats know what it is and it's not because Thais don't work hard.

Depends on how you define 'lazy' I guess. It appears your definition is more charitable than mine, but that's OK. I have a well-defined comfort zone where Thais are concerned. If you don't share it? Well that's OK, so long as you don't claim yours is right and mine is wrong.

Oh dear, that's exactly what you did say,,, ah well.

Edited by Taswegian23

Environmental impact assessment thats funny, Thailand is big on doing the best for the Environment,  breathing in the clean air drinking the crystal clear water and swimming in the filthy polluted water

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

I have been a consultant on of the Canal and Land-bridge projects for the last 40 years as well as other studies. I have come to the conclusion, from experience, that there is no intention to go ahead with these projects as there is too much gravy to siphon off from the  finance awarded for the studies. 

yes indeed, and the fact that it is fantasy in the first place. 

Edited by Pilotman

9 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

"It's only words
And words are all I have..."

The Bee Gees 1985

I have a spare dictionary if you would like me to send it. Lotsa words there, and they're all free...

Nothing about the Bee Gees though - I checked

• 2 weeks later...

Fitzzcarraldo gambit could have 500,000 tankers tugged from Indian to Pacific shores by falange devils or perhaps attached to the space mission by lines of hemp or unemployed Essan tuggers.

What is never clear when I ask locals if there are a finite number of hubs.

A SPOKESperson replied , Up to you..........