"All you ever needed to know about marijuana in Thailand" - Anutin kicks off huge festival today

webfact

On 3/5/2021 at 4:36 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

That's where I live

Drivers found to be impaired by prescribed or illicit drugs will be prosecuted for a more serious offence; Drug Impaired Driving under the Influence of Drugs. ... The penalty for a first offence for either charge is a fine between $900 - $2,500 and a minimum 10 month licence disqualification.

What's the difference between a Thai who doesn't have a driving license, and a Thai who does have a driving license which has been suspended for driving while stoned/drunk? 

Answers on a postcard...

• Haha 2

On 3/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, Ireland32 said:

Stoned drivers are not as accident prone

But what's that really prove?

Heck, I had a similar experience to below  decades ago when a joint I put out  in the ashtray   lit the sunflower seed shells on fire.   I was lucky in that I had no accident.   I was rolling down the motorway with flames  in the car before I could pull over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I used to smoke leaf all the time. It may not leave you rolling on the floor but it does have an affect. 

Good on you. But that still doesn't change the fact that "marijuana" exclusively refers to the buds, and not the other plant parts.

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, hotchilli said:

Did google research Thailand... Thais can't drive in normal circumstances, I've witnessed what they do when pi*sed, god knows what they'd do if stoned.

Some of them seem to be barely awake at the best of times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

So if the fact is the leaf is not marijuana what is it called?

Hemp plants and marijuana plants are both the same species. Legally, hemp is defined as a cannabis plant that contains 0.3 percent or less THC, while marijuana is a cannabis plant that contains more than 0.3 percent THC. Most of the CBD oil that is legally marketed in Thailand is derived from the hemp plant that has less than 0.3 percent THC.

Edited by kiteman9
space between words

On 3/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, Wongkitlo said:

I used to smoke leaf all the time. It may not leave you rolling on the floor but it does have an affect. 

Perhaps you were too stoned at the time, and actually you were given a 'reef" not a leaf... (reef being an actual joint. )

The leaf will have no effect.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Perhaps you were too stoned at the time, and actually you were given a 'reef" not a leaf... (reef being an actual joint. )

The leaf will have no effect.

It all depends on tolerance. If you have been smoking heads all the time what you say is true but if you smoke leaf regularly it can still affect you. I remember stopping for a while and then rolling up and putting in as much bud as I usually smoked in a joint. It nearly wiped me out as my tolerance had gone. It is like junkies who take heroin after stopping for a while. They hit up what they usually have and their body can't tolerate it so it kills them. It also depends on the quality. Skunk leaf has more of a kick than others. I tried to take as many varieties of drugs as I could.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

Hemp plants and marijuana plants are both the same species. Legally, hemp is defined as a cannabis plant that contains 0.3 percent or less THC, while marijuana is a cannabis plant that contains more than 0.3 percent THC. Most of the CBD oil that is legally marketed in Thailand is derived from the hemp plant that has less than 0.3 percent THC.

I was replying to Mr Whisper. He was saying leaf isn't marijuana which I thought was strange. I was asking him what it is called then.

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

It all depends on tolerance. If you have been smoking heads all the time what you say is true but if you smoke leaf regularly it can still affect you. I remember stopping for a while and then rolling up and putting in as much bud as I usually smoked in a joint. It nearly wiped me out as my tolerance had gone. It is like junkies who take heroin after stopping for a while. They hit up what they usually have and their body can't tolerate it so it kills them. It also depends on the quality. Skunk leaf has more of a kick than others. I tried to take as many varieties of drugs as I could.

Sounds more like a kids tale, told to stop them from even trying the leaf.

Edited by 2530Ubon

On 3/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, Misterwhisper said:

Good on you. But that still doesn't change the fact that "marijuana" exclusively refers to the buds, and not the other plant parts.

Marijuana may exclusively refer to anything anybody wants it to refer to as it's a matter of opinion.Language is rather flexible that way if you hadn't noticed according to linguists who study at Uni.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Marijuana may exclusively refer to anything anybody wants it to refer to as it's a matter of opinion.Language is rather flexible that way if you hadn't noticed according to linguists who study at Uni.

Don't be so silly. That's not how language works.

Let's just say your real name is FarFlungFalang, but I decide that that your name is PooPooPants. Thailand should be Corruptland? UK should be StupidlyDivorcedEU?

No. Marijuana exclusively refers to Marijuana, the same way that Thailand refers exclusively to Thailand, and your name refers exclusively to you.

Edited by 2530Ubon

4 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Don't be so silly. That's not how language works.

Let's just say your real name is FarFlungFalang, but I decide that that your name is PooPooPants. Thailand should be Corruptland? UK should be StupidlyDivorcedEU?

No. Marijuana exclusively refers to Marijuana, the same way that Thailand refers exclusively to Thailand, and your name refers exclusively to you.

Not being silly at all,if you consider the original word whose meaning was to put a seed in a hole and consider the amazing variety of ways the same word is applied today especially in Oz you might begin to understand what I'm getting at.It's the probably the most widely used word where I come from and it has four letters and starts with.....................Oh I have no problem with the suggestions you've made as people often use different words to describe the same thing such as nicknames etc.If there was a word  exclusively used to describe marijuana the we wouldn't have words like weed,pot,dope,ganja,hemp etc being used to describe Cannabis heads or buds or budz or.............exclusive means excluding all else. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang