Dispel some controversy on Thais returning

Much has been posted about Thais returning on repat flights to Thailand and pre~flight requirements. 

My Thai wife is flying back next week on a special TG repatriation flight from Hong Kong. 

She has to have ALL of the following documents just like ANY  other passenger on that flight..

1. COE issued by Thai consulate in HK.

2. Fit to Fly certificate from local clinic

3. A NEGATIVE  PCR Cov19 certificate issued 72 hours before boarding .

So NOBODY  will be sitting alongside another Thai or Expat on that flight who has not been tested preflight. 

Just thought this may be of interest to the ongoing controversy about tested and non tested passengers sharing the same flight.

Of course this may be just a TG requirement and may not apply to other (non repatriation flights)  that some may choose to pay for themselves and then require ASQ quarantine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Are TG repatriation flights  and quarantine for Thais free?

They must pay for flights.  Quarantine can be free in State Quarantine or they can "upgrade" to paid for Alternative State Quarantine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abenn said:

When starting the paperwork trail I was surprised to find my wife didn't need a COVID certificate . . .

Much more typical of previous reports than the OPs.  I wonder if something is changing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, treetops said:

Much more typical of previous reports than the OPs.  I wonder if something is changing.

Noted, but his flight was 6 weeks ago.

My wife had 2 other Thai friends (also Hong Kong permanent residents ) returned recently to BKK and were also required to have the covid test, pre flight. 

(Also on TG arranged by the Consulate )

Incidentally, one can get the Cov19 test free anytime in HK. My wife working as a chef and all other restaurant staff have had to have Pcr tests regularly over the past weeks. Not a thing you see here!

The Fit to Fly certificate however ranges from $HKD 3~400 ($us35~50) and takes 5 minutes !

It could be that "things have changed" or that the HK Govt and/or HK Thai consulate do not want to be accused or liable for shipping out infected people. 

On 3/5/2021 at 6:23 AM, orchidfan said:

Much has been posted about Thais returning on repat flights to Thailand and pre~flight requirements. 

My Thai wife is flying back next week on a special TG repatriation flight from Hong Kong. 

She has to have ALL of the following documents just like ANY  other passenger on that flight..

1. COE issued by Thai consulate in HK.

2. Fit to Fly certificate from local clinic

3. A NEGATIVE  PCR Cov19 certificate issued 72 hours before boarding .

So NOBODY  will be sitting alongside another Thai or Expat on that flight who has not been tested preflight. 

Just thought this may be of interest to the ongoing controversy about tested and non tested passengers sharing the same flight.

Of course this may be just a TG requirement and may not apply to other (non repatriation flights)  that some may choose to pay for themselves and then require ASQ quarantine. 

Is the requirement for "A NEGATIVE  PCR Cov19 [sic] certificate issued 72 hours before boarding" for Thai nationals on a repatriation flight organised by the Thai consulate in Hong Kong and operated by Thai airways listed on the website of the consulate? Could the origin of this requirement be from a Hong Kong government agency?

25 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Is the requirement for "A NEGATIVE  PCR Cov19 [sic] certificate issued 72 hours before boarding" for Thai nationals on a repatriation flight organised by the Thai consulate in Hong Kong and operated by Thai airways listed on the website of the consulate? Could the origin of this requirement be from a Hong Kong government agency?

Hi Puccini, 

As far as I recall, both the HK Thai Consulate site and ThaiAiways site are both (as usual) unclear and confusing.

Check for yourself ,but last I looked they listed entry requirements for both Thai nationals and non Thai nationals as being very similar. 

I told my wife it was not a requirement here,  and as you can see from other posts above, Thais on some TG repatriation flights did not need it.

However,  she was emphatic that when she got her COE at the consulate, she was told that she definitely had to have the PCR negative test to board. 

As I've said, they are free and easy to get. 

The staff there also filled out the mandatory "travel declaration" form for her stating where she had been in the last 3 months or whatever.

I personally think.this is a local requirement...perhaps from the Airport Authority who don't want anyone even entering the (terminal ) Building who has not been tested. 

People here think 14days quarantine in Bangkok is bad, it's currently 21days at your expense in HK, EXCEPT  for mainland Chinese (and Taiwan )who have HKID who are allowed to do just 14 days in their own apartment !! 

Figure the logic in that !!!

• Like 1