Pink ID card

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Absolutely not. Have you ever had to wait 2 hours when showing your passport? 

waiting time would vary on the hospital being used. My hospital uses an appointment system and walk-ins have to wait until all appointments are seen and then they are processed at the discretion of the nurse. If you have an appointment you are given a queue number when you make the appointment irrespective of how you have registered.

I had to do a walk-in a couple of weeks ago to get a letter from the cardiologist and had to wait nearly 3 hours. I was the first of the walk-ins to be seen, probably my age more than anything else.

The poster you responded to is quite right to a degree. Certainly at my hospital ID registrations would be done on a Thai form, as opposed to English for a passport, and the Thai forms are processed a lot quicker than the English.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

In my local driving place, they don't accept pink cards, only yellow housebooks or other proof. 

That mean they are very ignorant, because you can't get a pink card if you don't have a yellow book, and the card has the same number as the registration number in your yellow book.

22 minutes ago, Susco said:

That mean they are very ignorant, because you can't get a pink card if you don't have a yellow book, and the card has the same number as the registration number in your yellow book.

<removed>

The pink ID card is not considered to be proof of address, the yellow house book is though

Same does also apply to Thais, which is why on some occasions the address on their ID card is not enough and they have to produce their house book as proof of address

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

<removed>

The pink ID card is not considered to be proof of address, the yellow house book is though

I told you this already on the first page of this thread.

Pink card is proof of address, and is the only reason why it is issued, and has all the details of the yellow book on it, including the registration number.

20 minutes ago, jackdd said:

<removed>

Same does also apply to Thais, which is why on some occasions the address on their ID card is not enough and they have to produce their house book as proof of address

You are a bit mixed up. For a driving licence there are 2 separate issues.

1 - ID - can be passport or pink card.

2 - Address - can be CoR or yellow book.

Pink cards and yellow books are subject to local acceptance.

I opened my TOT acc with my pink card and have used it at hotels to check in, mine is for life and its good to have a bit more ID on you thats only the size of a ATM card. I might also add it was my wife who suggested i get it and yellow book, easy to get for small fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

You are a bit mixed up. For a driving licence there are 2 separate issues.

1 - ID - can be passport or pink card.

2 - Address - can be CoR or yellow book.

Pink cards and yellow books are subject to local acceptance.

I think what I wrote is clear, what is mixed up?

According to the poster to which I replied, your point 2 could also be the pink ID card, because he thinks it's proof of address, I said that's wrong.

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

According to the poster to which I replied, your point 2 could also be the pink ID card, because he thinks it's proof of address, I said that's wrong.

I would totally agree, I doubt any DLT in the country would take a passport and pink ID in a driving licence application.

I obviously misinterpreted what you meant and apologise.

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In support of your point it is quite obvious in hospitals the pink card is purely ID. You only supply address on registration but must show ID to make new appointment.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I would totally agree, I doubt any DLT in the country would take a passport and pink ID in a driving licence application.

I obviously misinterpreted what you meant and apologise.

Then I wonder how I renewed my 5 year license with my passport and pink card on 24 December 2020.

On my driver license is my passport number

image.png.70a069bcb8723887f78de8d1092509c1.png

Went to pick up the driver licences, valid till December 2026.

Was charged 100 Baht extra, which I questioned because I didn't change address.

Was answered, you changed passport number, that's 50 Baht extra per licence. haha

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I opened my TOT acc with my pink card and have used it at hotels to check in, mine is for life and its good to have a bit more ID on you thats only the size of a ATM card. I might also add it was my wife who suggested i get it and yellow book, easy to get for small fee.

No its not easy nor cheap to obtain because it depends on what area you reside.  

Oh boy, here we go again! Without even reading the thread I know what the answers will be. “Absolutely pointless, don’t need it, doesn’t make you Thai....” up to the “yes well worth it, simplifies many things. 
I'm one of the “yes I’ve found it useful in lots of different ways”.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, Susco said:

No it is not wrong.

Pink ID card has been created for people who have a yellow tabien baan, so they don't need to carry the book all the time.

Yellow tabien baan (for foreigners) and blue tabien baan (for Thais) are proof of address and nothing more.

By the way, on the back of the pink card is also written that it's only valid in the district it was issued.

You are wrong, as OP posted he  has PR status. Therefor his name CAN be in the blue House Book. Also as PR your pink ID card starts with a figure 8, as where the once obtained with a Yellow house book ( non - PR ) start with a figure 6.......

13 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

You are wrong, as OP posted he  has PR status. Therefor his name CAN be in the blue House Book. Also as PR your pink ID card starts with a figure 8, as where the once obtained with a Yellow house book ( non - PR ) start with a figure 6.......

You should try to take some reading classes, and then refrain from posting utter drivel.

First of all I didn't reply to the OP

Secondly, the OP has not posted he has PR staus, he is on a non O-A marriage visa, and neither has the poster I replied to posted he has PR status

Thirdly, this topic is not about PR status or blue books, but about a person on a marriage visa wanting to obtain a pink card.

Goodbye, get lost now

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, carlyai said:

One thing I found out last week about the pink card.

On the back of my car licence is a heading called Restrictions. The restrictions are that I have to take a piece of paper from the local amphur when I travel outside the district and show it with my licence if asked by police.

Evidently if you renew your licence with your pink card as I'D and not your passport you get this restriction notice on your licence.

What does it all mean? Nothing I think. Someone driving outside the area was asked for the piece of paper at a recent roadbroadblock by a junior police person, and didn't know what the police were talking about, when a senior walloper came along he said 'no worries'.

So renew your licence with your passport and not your pink card. 

I don't know anymore as it was the first time a mob of us eating Wednesdays lunch together had ever hear of it or noticed the Restrictions on the back of the licence. Most of us use our pink card for everything. 

Kalasin Changwat, but don't think it makes a difference. 

Agree but also to be concidered the type of Thai licence people have. Exchanged temp 2 years or WP company supported application one or as I did this year a full renewal of an expired 8 year old 2 year Thai Licence and had to do the full local Thai training video's and tests and the driving test all fully in Thai laungage and writing (except the computor test) and I'm so proud of myself I passed all in the 2 days of testing. nailed the car parking better than the instructor lol's and the group clapped for me well done for all. 

1 minute ago, Jeffro008 said:

Agree but also to be concidered the type of Thai licence people have. Exchanged temp 2 years or WP company supported application one or as I did this year a full renewal of an expired 8 year old 2 year Thai Licence and had to do the full local Thai training video's and tests and the driving test all fully in Thai laungage and writing (except the computor test) and I'm so proud of myself I passed all in the 2 days of testing. nailed the car parking better than the instructor lol's and the group clapped for me well done for all. 

1 minute ago, Jeffro008 said:

ok not the Topic Heading but i could not help reply to this one as examples and i have not read the whole post yet

On 3/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, Susco said:

Then I wonder how I renewed my 5 year license with my passport and pink card on 24 December 2020.

On my driver license is my passport number

image.png.70a069bcb8723887f78de8d1092509c1.png

Went to pick up the driver licences, valid till December 2026.

Was charged 100 Baht extra, which I questioned because I didn't change address.

Was answered, you changed passport number, that's 50 Baht extra per licence. haha

Yes also same but my 8 year expiried licence had an old previous passport number and forced to track down a copy of it omg they all seemed like trying to make it as hard as possible for me but I did the full process and got it fully locally done as mentioned in previous replied post

On 3/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, Susco said:

I did say doubt, and have never heard of it happening, so thanks for the info.

I did mine in Aug 2020 and they flatly refused both pink ID and yellow book. I had to use passport and get a CoR from immigration. They accepted my yellow book in the past and I know someone who lives near me that has used his pink card as ID and has that number on the licence. Obviously been a change of policy back to the old ways at this office, maybe Pattaya influence.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:30 PM, sandyf said:

I did say doubt, and have never heard of it happening, so thanks for the info.

I did mine in Aug 2020 and they flatly refused both pink ID and yellow book. I had to use passport and get a CoR from immigration. They accepted my yellow book in the past and I know someone who lives near me that has used his pink card as ID and has that number on the licence. Obviously been a change of policy back to the old ways at this office, maybe Pattaya influence.

Which DLT office accepted the pink card for license renewal? Which Office did not accept the pink card?

6 minutes ago, upu2 said:

What is the purpose of the Pink Card and what are the advantages of having one? If anyone can answer I would be very interested to know what the purpose of it is.

There are numerous topics on that and the preceding pages. Its pupose is self explanatory, its an ID card.

Some people have them, some don't.  Some who have them use them, some don't.  For me, I use it frequently.  In 24 years, I've never carried my passport.  When banks ask for my passport, I pull out a crinkly old photo copy of my photo page and that satisfies them.  When I get pulled over by police, I show my license and pink ID.  Never a problem.  Get one or don't......it's up to you.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 10:59 AM, Fairynuff said:

Oh boy, here we go again! Without even reading the thread I know what the answers will be. “Absolutely pointless, don’t need it, doesn’t make you Thai....” up to the “yes well worth it, simplifies many things. 
I'm one of the “yes I’ve found it useful in lots of different ways”.

What's the point in replying if you don't tell us how you found it useful?

I couldn't use it to prove my address to renew my driving license.

I couldn't use it to post a letter!

I couldn't use it to book in a hotel.

I couldn't use it to get the Thai citizen price at a National park.

• Thanks 1