Many private hospitals ready to offer quick Covid-19 jabs - expect to pay 2,000 baht a dose

webfact

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yet the UK manufacturer is selling the vaccine at $5 a shot (OK $7.50 to South Africa).

Why can't the Thai hospitals buy it at the open market rate?

It is not 5 a shot. That price is valid when you buy millions of it, buy less pay more.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:
51 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Considering it’s free everywhere else, it’s not the best deal out there.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Free to whom? Tax payers?

Free to all Thai citizens and (hint, hint) to everyone else. We're still waiting to hear about the last bit. 

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I would think they'll be ordering and buying direct from the manufacturer. So chain of custody will be proven. 

Until they get it perhaps.

Then they thaw the vials that contain multiple doses. From there the clock starts ticking.

Any doses not used it should be thrown away.

Getting the possible problems with that considering the massive amount of money involved?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I would think they'll be ordering and buying direct from the manufacturer. So chain of custody will be proven. 

You might be right...

But in my experience, here in TH, imports of non-routine goods almost always seem to go thru one or more middlemen...  Buying direct, even if they could, seems the exception. Plus, middlemen provide so much more opportunity for spreading the wealth, so to speak, and enriching friends of friends, etc etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Apart from protecting your health, some other possible reasons include...

1. Immigration may begin requiring them at some point for continued permission to stay.

2. Any hope of/plans for international travel into or out of Thailand probably is going to end up requiring them as well.

If immigration require it, then govt better supply it.

Ain't planning going back to UK for a holiday until the <deleted>show is over.

Here's a catch 22.  No vaccination, no visa extension.  No vaccination passport, no flight home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, connda said:

Nah.  The virus didn't destroy economies.  Stupid megalomaniacs destroyed countries economies.  And buddy - there ain't no cure for those terminal cases of Stupidity.  And those Stupidity "prions" infecting the elite classes are highly contagious and infect virtually every petty tyrant and power-hungry "leader" wanna-be globally. 
There are exceptions.  The most hated China and Russia seem to have their countries controlled and still operating as they West, especially the Commonwealth countries, are rolling out a society killing style of repression that would make Orwell turn in this grave and say, "Told ya so!"  Which I find - fascinating.  Places like Australia go fully 1984 Orwell and then point fingers at China and Russia, and them scream at the top of their lungs  - "Evil Totalitarians!"
It's pretty comical except imho it's a prelude to WWIII.  Just saying.....

I'll add to this, the speed in which videos are removed from YouTube with less than 1000 views that discuss ongoing matters in relation to legal aspects in various countries that are being brought. This is why I read information from all over the world and watch videos from different sources. Some of the best videos are from local YouTubers showing the economic mess that has been created, Spain's tourist resorts look very similar to Thailand's, closed bars, shops and restaurants.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hope the government will put a cap on how much the private hospitals can charge for the vaccines.

I also gladly pay 2000 baht per dose.

Not yet sure which one I will prefer; likely either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna?

10 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I'll add to this, the speed in which videos are removed from YouTube with less than 1000 views that discuss ongoing matters in relation to legal aspects in various countries that are being brought. This is why I read information from all over the world and watch videos from different sources. Some of the best videos are from local YouTubers showing the economic mess that has been created, Spain's tourist resorts look very similar to Thailand's, closed bars, shops and restaurants.

No just read how good Brazil is doing....  If you don't do something your country will be overrun with the virus. Its a bit tiresome of course opening everything up would be good but then you got people dying like flies like in Brazil. Do your research a bit more please.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/03/world/americas/brazil-covid-variant.html

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

imo foreigners will be required to be vaccinated if they want to remain in the country - pony up the $50 or go home..

IMO so no firm info?

I am sure you will survive the 50$ if that the case??

I want the vaccine as soon as possible.

• Like 1