Many private hospitals ready to offer quick Covid-19 jabs - expect to pay 2,000 baht a dose

webfact

1 hour ago, robblok said:

No just read how good Brazil is doing....  If you don't do something your country will be overrun with the virus. Its a bit tiresome of course opening everything up would be good but then you got people dying like flies like in Brazil. Do your research a bit more please.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/03/world/americas/brazil-covid-variant.html

Plenty of countries have not been "over run", in fact quite the opposite with minimal health policies, but that's down to the demographics of the countries. Places with high levels of obesity and overweight people is where the problem is.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

How is the Thai FDA approaching this?  Up to recently there hasn't been an authorization for most of those 'experimental' mRNA genetic vaccines.

Then suddenly we hear - "Oh! Private hospitals all over Thailand will be offering multiple kinds of jabs at a price ฿฿฿Cha-Ching฿฿฿.  Obviously the Hi-Sos in the power concur.  Engage in a predatory vaccine economy.  TIT.  Money supercedes the mandate of public health.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

IMO so no firm info?

I am sure you will survive the 50$ if that the case??

I want the vaccine as soon as possible.

no one has firm info. I also want to be vaccinated ASAP. My comment related to all the cheap ass folks who will quibble about this because they're used to paying an exorbitant tax rate at home and then get 'free' health care. Start paying the same rate to live here and I'm sure the Thais will give you a freebie  - oh wait, the country just emptied lol...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

When the cost of sending it and service charges are added they expected to offer the vaccine to patients at 2,000 baht per dose.

You're dreaming if you think you gonna get it for that price at Bangkok Hospital.

That price will already be on the bill before you even have seen a doctor

I would love to pay and get the Vaccine early.

But it would mean that the Vaccine is being diverted away from a poor/more deserving person in Thailand or another Country.

For that reason I will wait until it's my turn.  I'm in 14/15 of a group system, so it looks like it will be towards the end of year.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I would pay to get the vaccine of my choice. I believe the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is only one shot? But I’d probably go for Pfizer as it’s been around longer and appears to be very effective with few if any side effects. 

I wouldn’t want the Chinese or Russian vaccines, I just trust western medicines more ... both appear to be safe and work well.

Chinese vaccine is based on multiple spike protein platform : this means that it targets Covid-19 and all other harmful spike proteins that enters your body. Covid-19 mutations have a higher chance to stopped by this vaccine than RNA vaccines.

The multiple spike protein is similar to annual flue vaccines. 

Annual flue vaccines result in maximum 67% efficiency and can be upgraded according to mutations.

It’s absurd to promote higher effectiveness than 67% for all other vaccine platforms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Plenty of countries have not been "over run", in fact quite the opposite with minimal health policies, but that's down to the demographics of the countries. Places with high levels of obesity and overweight people is where the problem is.

Not completely true.

Countries with mandatory BCG (tuberculosis) vaccinations tend to have better Covid-19 statistics.

French Guiana, with mandatory BCG vaccinations, has no Covid-19 intensive care patients and no fatalities.

Former Eastern Germans have better Covid-19 stats than the former Western Germans for the simple reason that BCG vaccinations was not mandatory in the 70’s for the West Germans while the Eastern Germans continued the BCG vaccinations after the unification.

German, Spanish, Dutch, French and Australian researchers are doing research if BCG vaccinations provide higher anti-inflammatory agents against covid-19.

Not surprisingly you can see that countries with mandatory BCG vaccinations have better Covid-19 statistics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCG_vaccine

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I have no problem paying for this, let them make some profit it gets you in front of the line. I dont think 4000 bt is too much for this.

Good for you. Will it be the Chinese one? All the best.

Just now, dinsdale said:
6 hours ago, robblok said:

I have no problem paying for this, let them make some profit it gets you in front of the line. I dont think 4000 bt is too much for this.

Good for you. Will it be the Chinese one? All the best.

As the government has purchased and is distributing the chinese vaccine. Hospitals will be buying and selling other vaccines.  All the best in figuring that one out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Anyone not willing to pay $133 for a possible life saving vaccine must think their life is pretty worthless.

Maybe that $133 will make you very sick. No deaths yet but it's only early. Maybe I value my life above a Chinese vaccination. You want the 'good' ones add a bit more. You can always wait a bit for the Thai one. That might be a bit cheaper.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why can't the Thai hospitals buy it at the open market rate?

Simple they've got to buy it from the Thai Government, who want to make money, and sell it to private hospitals at a cost that will to cover all the costs of the free Government Inoculations to the Thai population.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

Latest breaking news is Oxford/AZ works against the nasty Brazil variant, but Sinovac ones does not??

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/health/1484467-exclusive-oxford-study-indicates-astrazeneca-effective-against-brazil-variant-source-says

Quote from link:

“In response to the Brazilian clinical trials, Sinovac Biotech has defended its vaccine. They said that the participants in its Phase III trial in Brazil – the largest one for the vaccine undertaken worldwide – were medical workers who tended to COVID-19 patients, arguing that they faced higher exposure to the highly infectious pathogen.

"The vaccine's ability to protect medical workers in active outbreaks could significantly improve if they are administered between 21 and 28 days," said the company in a statement.

Experts also agreed that the overall result is good enough considering almost all the trial participants in Brazil were high-risk front-liners, as reported in the Global Times.“

https://theaseanpost.com/article/chinas-sinovac-results-doubt

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

I received a polling email from B'Grad over a week ago, asking if I would be interested in getting a COVID vaccination.

I wonder if they will also issue a certificate of vaccination as proof for any potential future travel.

For myself the certificate is as important as the vaccine, if not more so!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

How will they get home without vaccination?

The vaccination is not a requirement to travel yet and won't be for a while yet methinks, it's likely ( at first ) going to enable people to by-pass quarantine procedures in certain countries.