Many private hospitals ready to offer quick Covid-19 jabs - expect to pay 2,000 baht a dose

webfact

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is a joke right? Kenya had 528 positives today and the graph is on an uptrend. Tanzania, if you go there then forget trying to get back to the UK in a hurry as its banned all travellers from there.

528 out of 54 million, not much is it. I already pointed out that Tanzania is on the red list, you need to be in a green list country for 10 days after being in Tanzania, seeing as Kenya is next to it hardly a problem. Kenya 410, 181, 325, 152, 345, 331, 528, looks like an average of 328 per day which is nothing. Depends if you are scared of going anywhere which I'm not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Simple they've got to buy it from the Thai Government, who want to make money, and sell it to private hospitals at a cost that will to cover all the costs of the free Government Inoculations to the Thai population.

I guess it's possible that 200k expats paying 4,000bht each could fund 70,000,000 free government inoculations.

Edited by BritManToo
got carried away with the 000s
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I would pay to get the vaccine of my choice. I believe the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is only one shot? But I’d probably go for Pfizer as it’s been around longer and appears to be very effective with few if any side effects. 

I wouldn’t want the Chinese or Russian vaccines, I just trust western medicines more ... both appear to be safe and work well.

Bearing in mind Oxford have been behind this kind of vaccine for like 10 years. Regard cost, Pfizer likely more expensive due to storage etc.

13 hours ago, robblok said:

I have no problem paying for this, let them make some profit it gets you in front of the line. I dont think 4000 bt is too much for this.

Even Astra Zeneca? Surely you wouldn't stoop so low, Rob. I mean, to put your faith in something produced in that country you so vehemently despise. :smile: 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, MadMac said:

You never need to wait long to see the greed popping up in this country. Big money to make easily.

Why don't you open the other eye, might improve your tunnel vision.

Options are being provided giving us freedom of choice, you get in the queue and get <deleted> and continue belly aching about "the Thai way", me, I'll pay for what I free is the best for me and mine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

528 out of 54 million, not much is it. I already pointed out that Tanzania is on the red list, you need to be in a green list country for 10 days after being in Tanzania, seeing as Kenya is next to it hardly a problem. Kenya 410, 181, 325, 152, 345, 331, 528, looks like an average of 328 per day which is nothing. Depends if you are scared of going anywhere which I'm not.

If you're up for Kenya or Tanzania then you may as well go the full hog and head for Brazil

16 hours ago, AlexRich said:

But I’d probably go for Pfizer as it’s been around longer and appears to be very effective with few if any side effects. 

Only yesterday I was talking to a geezer that lives on my development who had his two Pfizer jabs in Saudi and both affected him quite badly. After the first he felt unwell for a day and his arm was hurting and after the second he was unwell for two days, one of those days taking to his bed, and the whole of his upper arm was painful for a week. Not being a doom and gloom monger as I realise it will affect people in different ways, some not at all. Just passing on what he told me. It certainly hasn't put me off having it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Getting the shot in the hospital is probably a good idea since a small % have experienced adverse effects after injection. 

Also, the Moderna doesn't require as low temp for storage as the Pfizer vaccine.   Given the choice, Moderna might be better here.

17 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I would pay to get the vaccine of my choice. I believe the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is only one shot? But I’d probably go for Pfizer as it’s been around longer and appears to be very effective with few if any side effects. 

I wouldn’t want the Chinese or Russian vaccines, I just trust western medicines more ... both appear to be safe and work well.

The Russian vaccine is safe and very effective according to The Lancet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

I have no problem paying for this, let them make some profit it gets you in front of the line. I dont think 4000 bt is too much for this.

I agree as long as get travel book with it.

• Thanks 1

Yup I'll be there!  I want a proven farang vaccine not some cheap Thai freebie - and i want my certificate and a Bangkok Hospital cert wil be trusted to travel later.

Edited by BobBKK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why have the vaccine when the government state that Thailand is almost Covid free and there has been less than 100 deaths think I’ll take my chance and besides that I have Covid insurance which I took out last year so I’m sure if I had a problem the insurance would pay for the jab . What I won’t have is either the Chinese or Russian vaccines 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

According to you the country where

• free press and free speech is dead; 
  • their peoples are watched constantly with cameras and are actually rated as being a good citizen or not that affects their credit rating and ability to travel;  
  • people with different beliefs are institutionalised for retraining; and
  • history is constantly rewritten,

is less like 1984 than Australia where you have to wear a mask to go to the supermarket. OK Connda.

It is true that China and Russia are totalitarian states. But ... Here we discuss the pandemic and how to deal with it. Asian states have prevented the pandemic from spreading much better than Western democracies. This is a fact that Western countries are reluctant to acknowledge. People still live in a world of imagination where all things are done right only in the West. It can also be seen in this vaccine debate. I am a strong supporter of demogratian, but the pandemic has shown the weaknesses of Western demogratian to prevent the spread of the pandemic. After all your own mistakes, it is pointless to blame China, for example. Countries could have closed borders a year ago and life would be normal as well as free.

The reason the price is going to be expensive is you have to pay the middleman his commission in the hospital as they get their money so instead of the hospital having to pay five dollars or seven dollars they’re probably paying $10 or $14 TIT

13 hours ago, Stocky said:

Topic has been up for just 4hrs and there's 5 pages of largely 'money grabbing' Thai bashing comments already.

This is just market forces, you have to pay to jump the queue. So whoopee sign me up Bht4000 for two jabs is fine with me, I don't want to wait until next year. 

Yes and the offered options are suitable for those over 65. 

forward forward forward all there place, needle hole and vaccine, et voila and another and done, forward forward,
I wait, wait, wait. I am almost 60 years old, I don't need one of these pseudo vaccines ... but if I am really really really obliged I prefer Sputnik, the others are already rich enough and have already killed some people and with many side effects online I see and read this notice, people want know same look online,
(these are my ideas and knowledge), no offense to anyone.. I am not antivaxxer, I am just think for my life and my health stay well.

I don't judge people who post their ideas here, and I certainly don't want to change other people's ideas, but I live with my ideas and with my knowledge of the world and what happens with my information.

• Haha 2