Many private hospitals ready to offer quick Covid-19 jabs - expect to pay 2,000 baht a dose

webfact

3 hours ago, Dick Z said:

The Chinese are not stupid, I assume Sinovac will work, as the principle of how it is made is the same as for other effective vaccines. But they don't show data and that is the reason why I would prefer one of the others, including the Russian which has been shown by objective sources to be effective.

I heard a rumor that the Chinese don't show data on their vaccine not because they have no data, but because it got tested from day one on prison inmates in the PCR. So the Chinese vaccine might be the best-tested on humans.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnHans said:

Ah.. rich man.

Really?  At current exchange rates 4000 THB is less than £95.

I would suggest that a retiree who cannot afford £95 has made a gross error in his/her retirement calculations.

See also my comment (6 posts above) where I say "Of course, no Westerner living in or visiting Thailand should have an expectation of free health care anyway - should they?"

• Like 1

This is all getting a bit much!!!

If we are to believe this is a pandemic it is in the interest of ALL countries to eliminate it.

Surely that means vaccinating everyone.

Government hospitals are more than capable of providing the services.

So it should be mandatory that everyone get the vaccine free of charge.

Anyone refusing should be packed to a un inhabitated island in Antartica

or the Arctic.

• Sad 2

Free in The UK...Besides which it's cost is £3 a pop to knock it out.

Cynical Thailand as usual...

Money is all they care about....

Foreigners count for nothing with Zero rights,,,,,,,,while their own folk of little or no means, receive barely much else from their Peers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

This is all getting a bit much!!!

If we are to believe this is a pandemic it is in the interest of ALL countries to eliminate it.

Surely that means vaccinating everyone.

Government hospitals are more than capable of providing the services.

So it should be mandatory that everyone get the vaccine free of charge.

Anyone refusing should be packed to a un inhabitated island in Antartica

or the Arctic.

Vaccinations should never be compulsory, however, restricting access to flights, entry to countries, events etc may be conditional on being vaccinated IMO. 

You therefore retain your choice and everyone else their safety. 

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Having the recommended two doses would therefore cost 4,000 baht or a little under 100 UK pounds or about $US 133.

I guess that they will just double the price of the J&J vaccine since it is only a single dose.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, MadMac said:

You never need to wait long to see the greed popping up in this country. Big money to make easily.

Good thing that such behavior is confined to The Kingdom.

Hard to imagine what the world would be like if people all over were greedy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, forrwhat said:

I hope that comes with a government certified "Vaccine Passport" so I can resume traveling for work!

To what countries can you currently travel with a «government certified "Vaccine Passport"»

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 3:22 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The way I look at it, you can wait until who knows when to get the (probably) Chinese vaccine via the TH government program....

Or, you can get the vaccine of your preference in the pretty immediate future by paying a bit of money... The way things are looking, I'll take the get sooner, have my own choice, pay option.

I will let all you guys get the vaccine and see the side effects and then buy it in 6 months time for 300 thb ???? Assuming you guys don't develop any bad complications or side effects from the vaccine, in which case I will pass thanks ???? 

Had 2 ops in bkk pattaya hosp over the last couple of years they were 100% successful.

I will be arriving next wk all going well.

Its totally <deleted> in ireland, strictist lock down in the world talk of slight opening in the summer mths and some more lockdown again in the next winter with a snail pace vac rollout

I will gladly acept a vac in the same hosp even if it wasnt covered by my insurance.

People who dont take the vaccine may find it difficult to travel.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, robblok said:

I have no problem paying for this, let them make some profit it gets you in front of the line. I dont think 4000 bt is too much for this.

Does it not bother you that vaccines becoming available for profit may delay vaccines going to poorer countries even further?

While you all criticise the Thai hospitals, government etc for all wanting to make a buck or two and you make all kinds of assertions about the efficacy of each vaccine you should remember that Pfizer and BioNTech, for example, could make $13bn from coronavirus vaccine (reported by The Guradian UK) that is equivalent to nearly $2 per person on the planet. Just remember that the vaccine is priceless yet zero percent effective to those people (particularly the aged and vulnerable) all around the world who can’t access or afford it. 

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

No vaccine should be available on the open market until all those who can't afford to pay in every country has been vaccinated.

In a way, it is already an open market, with vaccine manufacturers prioritising shipments to the highest bidders. AstraZeneca, for example, is supplying the EU with only a fraction of the contracted quantities and was caught shipping the vaccine instead to Australia, with which it made later contracts at a higher price.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=CEs&ei=J1ZDYK6yFIf8kwXispLwAg&q=italy+stops+vaccine+shipment+to+Australia&oq=italy+stops+vaccine+shipment+to+Australia&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAxQAFgAYMvUKGgAcAB4AIABS4gBS5IBATGYAQCqAQdnd3Mtd2l6wAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwju4ebKt5vvAhUH_qQKHWKZBC4Q4dUDCAw

• Like 2

Greedy selfish bar stewards.

if there was ever one health matter that needed free access for all it would be this vaccine..,

Im all for capitalism but some things should be exempt in a humane society

https://www.google.co.th/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-56117120

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theonetrueaussie said:

I will let all you guys get the vaccine and see the side effects and then buy it in 6 months time for 300 thb ???? Assuming you guys don't develop any bad complications or side effects from the vaccine, in which case I will pass thanks ???? 

I had my first jab 29th Dec and the second one on the 17th Jan. Both Pfizer in Saudi. Apart from a sore arm on the second day of each jab, so good so far.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I had my first jab 29th Dec and the second one on the 17th Jan. Both Pfizer in Saudi. Apart from a sore arm on the second day of each jab, so good so far.

Wow, they're even giving it to the infidels...

I assume you're a resident there?

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Wow, they're even giving it to the infidels...

I assume you're a resident there?

Yeah, they are giving it free of charge to everyone. Citizens and expats. I'm a resident at the moment but retiring to Thailand in the next few weeks.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, they are giving it free of charge to everyone. Citizens and expats. I'm a resident at the moment but retiring to Thailand in the next few weeks.

Excellent - enjoy your retirement.

SA is not the best place to work but you reap the rewards - good luck.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Excellent - enjoy your retirement.

SA is not the best place to work but you reap the rewards - good luck.

Been here 13 years. The wife and daughter only left 6 months ago. Daughter had great schooling. I can't complain at all 

• Like 1

Embarrassing the sooner this government removed the easier the people will sleep,. Governments around the world paying around 15 dollars about £12 Sterling yet Thailand want to charge 2,000 baht for moderna vaccines ‘ which should be free x2 vaccines 4,000 baht which costs around £25 to administer yet Thailand think it’s a money making scheme. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Steve Vincent said:

Embarrassing the sooner this government removed the easier the people will sleep,. Governments around the world paying around 15 dollars about £12 Sterling yet Thailand want to charge 2,000 baht for moderna vaccines ‘ which should be free x2 vaccines 4,000 baht which costs around £25 to administer yet Thailand think it’s a money making scheme. 

Thailand is NOT charging any money for the jabs. You just have to wait your turn. Just like back home.

The option presented here is for you to pay a small amount to get the jab. Can't understand what's wrong with that. Sign me up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

The option presented here is for you to pay a small amount to get the jab. Can't understand what's wrong with that

What's wrong with that is that ability to pay determines your elgibility to good health - that can never be right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1