Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

CAAT Issues Guidelines for International "Transit/Transfer" Passengers


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Another great Thai idea !  All they need now is planes and passengers.

I agree ... I mean this IS a good thing... and to me the larger message being sent here is that, at present, things appear to be moving in the right direction... so... while i agree that this move won’t really have a major and immediate impact, I do think the message here is that we are probably coming off “the bottom” and now well into the “recovery” phase - but that’s probably going to be a slow, uneven and erratic process.

 

Given BKK isn’t a hub for any other carrier aside from TG, I don’t think we will see major changes ... EVA is the only other carrier I can think of who might benefit from this move as they have historically operated Euro services originating in TPE with direct service via BKK... Aside from BR, I think perhaps down the road we might see someone like Kenya (KQ) or Ethiopian (ET) resuming their previous “tag” fifth-freedom sectors to/from Asia via BKK from their respective hubs of NBO/ADD 

 

but again, i think this move by the CAAT, combined with the other more recent “relaxing” of commercial activity restrictions and the reduction in the number of red/orange provinces, to me, sends the bigger message that things are moving towards returning to ... (new) normality. 

Edited by new2here
Link to post
Share on other sites

TG does have international flights in/out. I see an AKL and HKG arrival in the last 24 hours which could connect to EUR fligths.

 

KLM/AF have tag flights through BKK to MNL, HKG and KUL.

 

Emirates has a tag through BKK to HKG.

 

Maybe others, just a quick scan.

 

The BR flight(s) are just 1x weekly I think, if that. Maybe only a few flights until July?

 

 

My sense is that this might be limited to the same carrier, and even, maybe the same aircraft, at least early on. 

 

Personally I would be a bit cautious about ticketing throgh BKK on an int'l connection until there is some sort of "history" on it.

 

This was allowed during the pandemic, but then there was a kerfuffle with China, so it was shut down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just fly via Dubai.

 

No hassle, all you need is a PCR negative within 72 hours.  None of this fit to fly nonsense........and Emirates gives you FREE 30 days insurance if you fly on one of their flights !!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Enjoy the airport, restaurants, freedom.........the real world with FREE insurance given...........NOT DEMANDED.

 

Dubai and Emirates will become the worlds preferred airline/airport.  Star Alliance is going to be in trouble..........  Changi and SQ already suffering badly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I will remember who treated me as a human being in future.  And who treated me as a "diseased dirty foreigner".

 

Thailand, Singapore and many other countries are very low down on my list of airlines to use, places to spend money now.  And I am/was Platinum on Thai Royal Orchid Plus.

 

Sad...........but very true !!!!!!  

 

People will remember..........and their future plans will be made based on the current experience.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, new2here said:

 . . . . Ethiopian (ET) resuming their previous “tag” fifth-freedom sectors to/from Asia via BKK . . . .

 

Ethiopian already started 2 or 3 times a week ET608/609 going on to HKG.  Also Oman Air WY811/812 to KUL, KLM mentioned above plus to CGK

 

Others I recall from the past are Royal Jordanian, Cathay Pacific, EgyptAir and Kenya Airways although I think there were several more.  Some may never return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

And I will remember who treated me as a human being in future.  And who treated me as a "diseased dirty foreigner".

 

Thailand, Singapore and many other countries are very low down on my list of airlines to use, places to spend money now.  And I am/was Platinum on Thai Royal Orchid Plus.

 

Sad...........but very true !!!!!!  

 

People will remember..........and their future plans will be made based on the current experience.

You know, I have heard this kind of things before— like after major airline strikes - where disserviced passenger swear up and down that they’ll never fly X or Y airline again.... but... to be very honest... I don’t really think this holds true for the masses nor over a long term..

 

what it seems that today’s reality is price - for the majority of flyers - is first and foremost the #1 consideration...

 

therefore, IF the beast price just so happens to be on carrier X or Y - the ones who have been sworn off in the past - it’s my opinion that few people will knowingly pay more to fly someone else, over carrier X or Y, despite their prior disservicing... sure, they may bitch and moan about flying X or Y again...  but in the end, they’ll buy and it fly them.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

And I will remember who treated me as a human being in future.  And who treated me as a "diseased dirty foreigner".

 

Thailand, Singapore and many other countries are very low down on my list of airlines to use, places to spend money now.  And I am/was Platinum on Thai Royal Orchid Plus.

 

Sad...........but very true !!!!!!  

 

People will remember..........and their future plans will be made based on the current experience.

 

14 minutes ago, new2here said:

You know, I have heard this kind of things before— like after major airline strikes - where disserviced passenger swear up and down that they’ll never fly X or Y airline again.... but... to be very honest... I don’t really think this holds true for the masses nor over a long term..

 

what it seems that today’s reality is price - for the majority of flyers - is first and foremost the #1 consideration...

 

therefore, IF the beast price just so happens to be on carrier X or Y - the ones who have been sworn off in the past - it’s my opinion that few people will knowingly pay more to fly someone else, over carrier X or Y, despite their prior disservicing... sure, they may bitch and moan about flying X or Y again...  but in the end, they’ll buy and it fly them.

 

No chance of Thai ever being cheaper than anyone else, so no worries there.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...