Rumor or Real?

Shot

Yes, Jungceylon will be closing on March 15 "for renovations." 

It appears it is a temporary closure and there will be work done on the inside of the mall so that would suggest a plan to reopen. It seems unlikely it would reopen until international tourists return. On their Facebook page you'll see the few stores that are still open are having "final clearance sales" of 70-80% off. The sales conclude on June 15

Big C plans to remain open via the entrance by B-Quik. 

if/when ( oct 2022) it reopens

if the mall closes march 15th, how can anyone get inside to take advantage of the shops ( haven't been there in 6 months so cant imagine many open) having sales till june 15th?

It's a desert every week I go there for Big C shopping. Coach closed in November sometime I think. I've taken my watches to my buddy in the basement way too many times in the last year to get cleanings, and pin replacements etc just to help him out with a few baht not cause I need the watches worked on. I got great deals on Rip Curl boardies ands a wetsuit during this very depressed times too. I heard rumours it would close way back in October 2020. A revamp would do it good in the hope the vaccine will allow once again the mad masses of tourists to wander through the place.

8 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Yes, Jungceylon will be closing on March 15 "for renovations." 

It appears it is a temporary closure and there will be work done on the inside of the mall so that would suggest a plan to reopen. It seems unlikely it would reopen until international tourists return. On their Facebook page you'll see the few stores that are still open are having "final clearance sales" of 70-80% off. The sales conclude on June 15

Big C plans to remain open via the entrance by B-Quik. 

My typo... sales until March 15. Sorry for not proofreading better. 

I was at Jungceylon yesterday. I picked up a couple of things at Boots and saw many items on sale (e.g., buy one and the second item costs 1 baht). The staff said they would close on March 15th.

I noticed that Robinson's perfume area was mostly emptied out, while some other shops were in the process of boxing things up.