Whitening a 5-Year old Ford Everest.

JAS21

It’s actually a ‘term' that I hadn’t heard of before. It really just means ‘polishing’ the whole exterior paintwork. Of course any colour of paintwork, not just white.

When the vehicle was new a friend ‘polished’ it for me and then I put on a ceramic coating. Even though the coating’ had, over the years’, some maintenance it was pretty well all gone and the white paintwork was looking a bit dirty, to say the least.

I had taken another car there, Bloc c on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, a couple of year ago and they made a good job of removing watermarks etc. before it was sold.

I did clay the car a couple of weeks earlier so they didn’t need to do that. I saw a sign saying clay car 300thb.  Anyway after washing they took about 2.5Hrs to do the job. During the work they showed me the difference between a ‘polished’ and ‘non polished’ panel … quite some!

The price for something the size of an Everest was 2800thb, not cheap but I looked at it as less than 600thb a year.  The result … I am well pleased.

I did see they had for sale Wolf Gang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 at 1,600thb, if anyone uses it and can’t now find it over here, don’t know if that is a good price or not. Around $40 is a price I have seen advertised in other countries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No before and after shots?

Imagine what a new one looks like and then what one that needs detailing looks like and there you have it..... just like new now. Actually after five years and some 'polishing' it has slightly less orange peel so probably looks better than new. As you know if you prep a car for coating it looks better that when it came out of the factory anyway.

OK here is a pic but it doesn't really show anything, due to lighting, except how bad the orange peel is ......

polish.JPG.b76e87253cce005d741cc476f60d1142.JPG 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Did the 2.800 include detailing the engine & interior?

Do they have a nice waiting area?

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Did the 2.800 include detailing the engine & interior?

Do they have a nice waiting area?

It's only five years old so the engine and inside always looks like they have been detailed anyway, unless MrsJ has just come straight off the golf course! so I don't know tbh. I think they wiped the engine over, did the mats and hoovered it out.

I did notice that they cleaned the tiny area between the chrome of the wing mirror and it's plastic surround ... that little area.

Yes, a nice little waiting room. Hot and cold drinks and also an ice cream freezer. There is a nice little place about 100M further down the road for lunch if you need.  I have Bloc c at 13.799970. 100.561134, But the guy has at least three shops and told me he is building another.

One more thing,  he is Opt-coat certified and also teaches detailing, less teaching now since they have a young child he told me, and spends less time at his shops but ensures that they keep standards up. Whilst there quite a few cars came in, he did say they had lost some trade from Thai Air which is just up the road so it is now more quite during the week .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

It really just means ‘polishing’ the whole exterior paintwork. Of course any colour of paintwork, not just white.

No matter what the color, automotive finishes have a color pigment basecoat, which actually has very little shine to it. The shine comes from the clearcoat finish. It is the contaminants on top of the clearcoat finish that makes the color appear dull. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

No matter what the color, automotive finishes have a color pigment basecoat, which actually has very little shine to it. The shine comes from the clearcoat finish. It is the contaminants on top of the clearcoat finish that makes the color appear dull. 

Exactly, but the term whitening could be confusing for some.

• Like 2

Do you know if they work on interiors? 

The outside of my car looks pretty good, as just about once every month I take it to the car was at Central Rama 9 and they do quite a nice of a work in the exterior. However the exterior, there is something bothering me a lot. 

Which is the Car Door Sill, it is made of regular fabric and I guess over the years we've stepped on it more than once during rainy days. To the point that while it used to be a dark grey, now specially at the center is almost black!!! I once tried to fix it myself with soapy water and a sponge, but I only made it worse moving the sh**t which was previously concentrated in the center moving it all along the sill. 

Do you know whether the chaps at Bloc C can help with this one?

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:22 AM, ctxa said:

Do you know if they work on interiors? 

The outside of my car looks pretty good, as just about once every month I take it to the car was at Central Rama 9 and they do quite a nice of a work in the exterior. However the exterior, there is something bothering me a lot. 

Which is the Car Door Sill, it is made of regular fabric and I guess over the years we've stepped on it more than once during rainy days. To the point that while it used to be a dark grey, now specially at the center is almost black!!! I once tried to fix it myself with soapy water and a sponge, but I only made it worse moving the sh**t which was previously concentrated in the center moving it all along the sill. 

Do you know whether the chaps at Bloc C can help with this one?

I’m sure that they can