Best gym in central Pattaya ?

SGD

As per the title, what is the best gym ?

Not the cheapest but the best in terms quality, variety and amount of equipment.

Looking for a monthly type fee, as staying a few months, not annually.

Not price dependent.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, SGD said:

Not the cheapest but the best in terms quality, variety and amount of equipment.

Not price dependent.

Thanks.

I guess that you are such a champion that you need great quality gym...

• Sad 3

17 hours ago, SGD said:

Not price dependent.

Thanks.

Try Sun gym just off Buakhao. 900 pm. Open from 7am to midnight so plenty of opportunity to find it almost deserted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigStar said:

Already addressed here. I'm finding many farangs don't do memory much. 

Keep lifting! You need it! See ya in there! Hey, I mean, some guys deserve a good 'smackin.' I crack myself up, but, I do appreciate the 'meow.' Particularly, the effort put into it. Funny guy. Asian-sensation! Nice video!

Keep lifting! You need it! See ya in there!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, mxer90 said:

I train at Sun Fitness, soi buakhao. It's the old Tony's gym, upstairs above the main market. All new equipment, cardio machines, ski, running, stepper. Free weights and machines, cables, etc.

I really can't complain for 900 baht per month. Check out their Facebook page. The same guy owns the Fun gyms in naklua and Siam country club.

I've trained at most of the gyms in Pattaya, Universe gym (good, just up from foodland on Pattaya Klang), Sport Point (ok but not central, it's out towards sukumvit treppisit road), Castra gym (good gym but out on the darkside), 7 fitness (ok but main gym area does not have Aircon, upstairs in the Avenue mall). Tony's gyms (I've got a lifetime membership) have either closed down or he's not opened back up.

The best gym is probably Muscle Factory but it's 1890 baht a month at the moment and it's over in pratumnak.

There's also a gym in Royal Palms, or was. Also Cocos on Beach Rd.

I like Fitness 7. Only gym, where I've seen the trainers do the cleaning. Taken over part of Cal Wow! Easy walk from my hotel. Some nice eye candy and the guys in general know gym etiquette and follow it. Don't do lifetime. I have lifetime for Cal Wow! and Tonys. Both of which were a good deal for me. Cal Wow! was the best gym I ever belonged to, both in BKK and Pats. Until the French dude absconded with the money. Never heard if he was ever caught and prosecuted. True was good in BKK also. Ah, the past.

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2021 at 6:33 AM, suhoaswhas said:

I guess that you are such a champion that you need great quality gym...

Not at all. I just want to train in the best gym there is because I like new and maintained equipment, knowledgeable staff, a clean and air-conditioned environment and great facilities.

I used to train here, if you want a reference of what I am used to: https://www.thirdspace.london/canary-wharf/ 

On 3/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I have to admit I hate doing legs 

I had a personal trainer for a few weeks ... He taught me squats ..lunges etc...too painful...I sacked him !

The only leg work worth doing is cardio leg work. Squats will lead to back,  hip and knee injuries... as a dedicated squatter into my late 50's, I can say I've never felt better since I gave them up. After all these years of doing dedicated leg work (1976 - 2019) I achieved nothing and finally I can walk pain free.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The only leg work worth doing is cardio leg work. Squats will lead to back,  hip and knee injuries... as a dedicated squatter into my late 50's, I can say I've never felt better since I gave them up. After all these years of doing dedicated leg work (1976 - 2019) I achieved nothing and finally I can walk pain free.

Wow !!

I never heard anyone say that before !

Your legs must be huge though 

50 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

The deep barbell squat is the King. The Bench press and dead lift are his two Princes. They all fight the aging process because they stimulate testosterone and HGH production.

Agree,

You want to be careful with too much weight doing squats if you have knee issues.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

The deep barbell squat is the King. The Bench press and dead lift are his two Princes. They all fight the aging process because they stimulate testosterone and HGH production.

I would fear knee and hip problems in later life..... I am no gym gorilla, but I even had to quit step ups due to such problems. 

Edited by jacko45k

6 hours ago, cobra said:

Agree,

You want to be careful with too much weight doing squats if you have knee issues.

Yeah, caution is the operative word. Even though my knees and back are good, I use heavy knee wraps, and a big belt. I also focus on proper form.

I gotta remember to be happy with incremental gains. Otherwise, I start ego lifting.

Cheers.

On 3/11/2021 at 1:53 AM, JensenZ said:

Glad that you are no longer in pain.

Cheers.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:15 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I never heard anyone say that before !

Hence you can safely ignore it. That comes from someone who wasn't doing squats correctly, doing too many sets & reps trying to be Arnold (I can see all that pumping now), did them too deeply for his capability, used too much weight, failed to strengthen his back and knee-stabilizing muscles, and, importantly, didn't stretch as he should.

Millions get back, hip, foot, ankle, and knee problems from his "cardio legwork." Same reasons except add repetitive motion stress. And billions have low back and knee problems despite doing no exercise. But once you strengthen those hamstrings and glutes, you got to deal with their pulling on your back, no way around it. I might note that leg muscle, and the more of it you have, is good for glucose utilization and helping your insulin behave. 

Squat's a great exercise and there are many safe ways to do it. Nowadays I favor a Bulgarian split squat w/ a 60-second hold at peak contraction. No going deep, knee aligned properly.???? Try that and I think you'll find you only need about 1 set of 2-3 reps per leg. 

7 Benefits of Doing Squats and Variations to Try

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:20 AM, rcuthbert said:

Universe is a good deal.  2 squat racks, lots of dumbbells, two heavy bags, and it is well ventilated. It is a gay hangout, and very few gals train there, but it is a good functional iron house for focused training.

Thanks but not interested in Muscle Beach or gay hangout places.

• Confused 1