Covid 19 UK departure form returning to Thailand not allowed ??

Opinion only of course.

You are returning home, as above, tick the Compassionate Grounds box. But you are right, actually returning to family isn't specifically listed. I would be truthful and have some evidence (marriage certificate).

As many others have asked, what is the actual point of this document? It's not like it's going to protect anyone in the UK from becoming infected and entry is strictly controlled anyway.

The online form is here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel there's a link to further "explanation" of permitted reasons.

• Like 1

As others. This form is chiefly meant to dissuade holidaying I feel (folk going out and in for fun), which is fair enough I guess at this time. You are returning to another place where one's family resides. Totally different kettle of fish and no risk to UK. Don't sweat it. :wink: 

I will relate to my experience leaving Korea for Thailand November 19. I had the same situation, negative test report in English but everything else in Korean language. I had given it to the embassy the day before and they said nothing. I left for the airport about five hours before my flight, and got an email saying I needed to go to a branch of the hospital where it would be printed out in English, which I was able to do and still make my flight.  I don’t know if they have become more relaxed about the policy now or not.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:54 PM, Crossy said:

Opinion only of course.

You are returning home, as above, tick the Compassionate Grounds box. But you are right, actually returning to family isn't specifically listed. I would be truthful and have some evidence (marriage certificate).

As many others have asked, what is the actual point of this document? It's not like it's going to protect anyone in the UK from becoming infected and entry is strictly controlled anyway.

The online form is here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel there's a link to further "explanation" of permitted reasons.

I think this (below, from the explanation link) covers it just fine, returning home is allowed for both foreign nationals and "visitors", i.e. expat Brits.  This whole thing is simply to dissuade people travelling out and back for non-essential reasons.

Advice for visitors and foreign nationals in England

Foreign nationals are subject to the national lockdown rules.

If you are visiting the UK, you may return home. You should check whether there are any restrictions in place at your destination.