EU vaccine passport: An ethical and legal minefield?

Puccini

EU vaccine passport: An ethical and legal minefield?

Date 02.03.2021   Author Rob Mudge

Looking at the European Commission's track record in tackling the pandemic, you might be forgiven for thinking that it may have bitten off more than it can chew with its latest proposal for a vaccination document.

The European Commission wants to issue a certificate, dubbed a Digital Green Pass, that would allow people who have been vaccinated to travel and move more freely. Commission President Ursula von der Leyen tweeted on Monday that "the Digital Green Pass should facilitate Europeans' lives. The aim is to gradually enable them to move safely in the European Union or abroad for work or tourism."

She said the plan would be rolled out later this month.

Read more: https://www.dw.com/en/eu-vaccine-passport-an-ethical-and-legal-minefield/a-56747519

Edited by Puccini
  • Haha 1

It sounds to me like an opinion piece by a guy named Rob Mudge. who ever he is. 

vaccine passports are coming regardless of what  Rob Mudge thinks, or for that matter what the EU thinks. Individual countries can, and do have their own policies. An electronic application is being developed by  IATA , and Mr Mudge can think what he likes. No one is telling anyone to get vaccinated or to travel, but if you want to travel some places you need to be vaccinated, When my Thai wife came to the US for the first time , to get her visa, she had to show a vaccination certificate. 

I doubt if it will be a ethical minefield after all since when has the beaurocrats of Europe cared about Ethics? The legel issues will become a big issue not to the resolution to to make sure the vulture lawyers make enough money from it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, upu2 said:

The legel issues will become a big issue not to the resolution to to make sure the vulture lawyers make enough money from it.

Would not worry. When this is over the courts will be too full of lawsuits for care home residents killed in the care homes, people losing their jobs suing and hospitals being sued for wrongful deaths for there to be any room in the courts for vaccine passports suits

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Would not worry. When this is over the courts will be too full of lawsuits for care home residents killed in the care homes, people losing their jobs suing and hospitals being sued for wrongful deaths for there to be any room in the courts for vaccine passports suits

I agree with you 100%