Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Wrong date of transit on my Certificate of Entry (CoE): will this cause any issue?


Recommended Posts

My Certificate of Entry (CoE) has a wrong date of transit. will this cause any issue?

 

I leave my place on March 17, transit on March 18 and arrive on March 19. However my CoE indicates March 17 instead March 18 as my date of transit. This is because on my CoE application, we're being asked to indicate the date of the first transit flight (which in my case is March 17), however they use it on my CoE as the date of transit which is incorrect in my case.

 

I'll contact the Thai embassy + my airline ASAP but I'd like to hear from people with similar experience (which I assume is commonplace given the issue on the CoE application form).

Edited by user70
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, user70 said:

This is because on my CoE application, we're being asked to indicate the date of the first transit flight (which in my case is March 17), however they use it on my CoE as the date of transit which is incorrect in my case.

That's correct.

The COE is dated from your first departing flight, the start of your journey to Thailand.

Why you depart on 17th and arrive on 19th I don't know.

The Covid PCR test is valid for 72 hours from taking the test to boarding your last flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The Covid PCR test is valid for 72 hours from taking the test to boarding your last flight.

It 72 hours before the first flight of the trip to here not the flight leaving a transit point.

"Applicant shows Certificate of Entry (COE), Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling,"

Source number 4 here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That's correct.

The COE is dated from your first departing flight, the start of your journey to Thailand.

Why you depart on 17th and arrive on 19th I don't know.

The Covid PCR test is valid for 72 hours from taking the test to boarding your last flight.

No the result not the test is due within 72 hours of the departure of the first connected flight. Has nothing to do with arrival. Depending of the time of the first flight departure it can arrive on 2nd day after 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, user70 said:

My Certificate of Entry (CoE) has a wrong date of transit. will this cause any issue?

 

I leave my place on March 17, transit on March 18 and arrive on March 19. However my CoE indicates March 17 instead March 18 as my date of transit. This is because on my CoE application, we're being asked to indicate the date of the first transit flight (which in my case is March 17), however they use it on my CoE as the date of transit which is incorrect in my case.

 

I'll contact the Thai embassy + my airline ASAP but I'd like to hear from people with similar experience (which I assume is commonplace given the issue on the CoE application form).

The Embassy will need to issue you a new COE with the correct transit date. There have been many reports of mistakes being made and the Embassies have always re issued the COE promptly.

Edited by mlkik
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It 72 hours before the first flight of the trip to here not the flight leaving a transit point.

"Applicant shows Certificate of Entry (COE), Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling,"

Source number 4 here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

If they have connecting flights they are still travelling and thus the Covid PCR test must still be valid within 72 hours of boarding any connecting flight.

Quote

Applicant shows Certificate of Entry (COE), Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling,

72 hours before the first flight is your interpretation, but that is not what it states.

If you have a lay over or connecting flights you are still travelling and not reached your destination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan O said:

No the result not the test is due within 72 hours of the departure of the first connected flight.

Your absolutely correct with what the guidance states, however some airlines have insisted it was from the time of the test, as reported previously on this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

72 hours before the first flight is your interpretation, but that is not what it states.

If you have a lay over or connecting flights you are still travelling and not reached your destination.

I wrote the exact requirements that is also mentioned on many embassy website. This from a FAQ page.

"10) What type of COVID test is needed?

  • Upon checking in at the departure airport, the approved applicant is required to present a medical certificate with a laboratory result using RT-PCR test indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. Such COVID-19 test result must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure."

Source: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/23/faq-for-non-thais-wishing-to-enter-thailand-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

Also this from the IATA.

image.png.410161111ed439eb9dca76750bc77358.png

Source after clicking the map for Thailand. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Also this from the IATA.

image.png.410161111ed439eb9dca76750bc77358.png

Source after clicking the map for Thailand. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Granted, but perhaps your missing my point.

If you have an unusually long delay, or in particular decide on a stop over en-route, then on entering Thailand if the PCR test was issued longer than 72 hours ago, then entry could be refused.

Airlines can therefor refuse boarding en route in this situation.

 

Someone reported a foreign being refused entry and escorted back to the airline because his Covid test was unacceptable. I'd hazard at a guess it wasn't issued within 72 hours of his original departure point and his arrival in Thailand.

 

It varies from Country to Country. The US for example state the Covid PCR test for entry, is only valid for 3 days from the date of testing (not issue).

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Your day of transit is the date of your connecting flights departure. Purely for example, say leaving LAX on APR 1 at 11:05 PM

 

BR11 01APR LAX-TPE DEP 23:05 ARR 5:25 on 03APR 

April 3 is date of transit

BR25 03APR TPE-BKK DEP 8:25AM ARR 11:25 on 03APR

April 3 is day of arrival

 

Just request a new COE. I had to do it several times due to flight changes but one time it was I who submitted incorrect data. Supposedly the COE is generated automatically by what the user inputs on the online form.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar thing. Departed Brisbane 24 Feb to Singapore. Depart S/pore 25 Feb. Arrive Bangkok 25 Feb.
The COE states Date of departure point 25th. Singapore Air said it was incorrect, get a new one. I rang the embassy, they said it was correct. The departure point refers to the flight into Thailand. But they gave me another COE with a different date & said  to keep both to keep everyone satisfied

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I stating what Thailand requires. That IATA info matches that and a airline did not accept they would be wrong.

For many people it would be impossible to have a test that was done within 72 hours of arrival.

Dependent on where a person is traveling from it could easily take a total of 48 hours to arrive here or more.

As succinct as I can be:

image.png.410161111ed439eb9dca76750bc77358.png

 

It's perfectly clear the Covid PCR test must be valid for 72 hours from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand. The onus is on the traveller to ensure they book travel accordingly.

An airline is quite within it's rights to refuse boarding if at the time of arrival in Thailand the 72 hours had lapsed since the Covid test was issued.

  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mops59 said:

It happened to me too. Email the embassy and ask for a new one. I had mine within a day. 

Thanks, will do, hopefully they'll fix the form at some point!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's perfectly clear the Covid PCR test must be valid for 72 hours from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand. The onus is on the traveller to ensure they book travel accordingly.

It think you are mixing up the day the test was done with the day the certificate was issued. The 72 hours is from when the test certificate is issued.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Why you depart on 17th and arrive on 19th I don't know.

 

Simply a 25h flight including 1 layover of 3h.

 

56 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's perfectly clear the Covid PCR test must be valid for 72 hours from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand

Thanks for the concern but no, the email I got from the Thai consulate clearly states:

 

Quote
  • 1.4 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before departure (in case of connecting flights, before embarkation from initial port).

 

 

Edited by user70
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 72 hours [from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand] is from when the test certificate is issued.

Where did you read that the Fit-to-fly/Fit-to-travel Health Certificate must be issued no more than 72 hours before arrival in Thailand? https://thaiembdc.org/2020/12/10/stv/ says:

 

Quote

5.3 Fit-to-fly/Fit-to-travel Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, user70 said:

Where did you read that the Fit-to-fly/Fit-to-travel Health Certificate must be issued no more than 72 hours before arrival in Thailand? https://thaiembdc.org/2020/12/10/stv/ says:

You quoted the wrong person.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It's perfectly clear the Covid PCR test must be valid for 72 hours from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand. The onus is on the traveller to ensure they book travel accordingly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

As succinct as I can be:

image.png.410161111ed439eb9dca76750bc77358.png

 

It's perfectly clear the Covid PCR test must be valid for 72 hours from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand. The onus is on the traveller to ensure they book travel accordingly.

An airline is quite within it's rights to refuse boarding if at the time of arrival in Thailand the 72 hours had lapsed since the Covid test was issued.

 Use the above paragraph 3.) as the example in a test question.

 

"In order to enter or transit through Thailand a passenger must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19)  result issued_________ .

  • A)  no more than 72 hours before scheduled arrival into Thailand
  • B)  within 72 hours of embarkation from the first airport of departure
  • C)  within 72 hours of transit to Thailand
  • D)  by a hospital or clinic showing testing within 72 hours of departure
Edited by Captain Monday
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Granted, but perhaps your missing my point.

If you have an unusually long delay, or in particular decide on a stop over en-route, then on entering Thailand if the PCR test was issued longer than 72 hours ago, then entry could be refused.

Airlines can therefor refuse boarding en route in this situation.

 

Someone reported a foreign being refused entry and escorted back to the airline because his Covid test was unacceptable. I'd hazard at a guess it wasn't issued within 72 hours of his original departure point and his arrival in Thailand.

 

It varies from Country to Country. The US for example state the Covid PCR test for entry, is only valid for 3 days from the date of testing (not issue).

Not sure where you get that the US states tests are only good for 3 days?  Do you have a source or just adding hearsay.   Some airlines have their own regulation on testing that may differ from the Thai COE requirement slightly but its posted on their websites and by IATA. Neither of those are an issue here. Just bad info being offered  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not sure where you get that the US states tests are only good for 3 days? 

I think he is writing about entry to the US which for travel to here would only apply if it is a transit point.

But the IATA states this.

image.png.18efb7e8f486c7922b9839eabad951b6.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

As succinct as I can be:

image.png.410161111ed439eb9dca76750bc77358.png

 

It's perfectly clear the Covid PCR test must be valid for 72 hours from the time of issuance to the time of arrival in Thailand. The onus is on the traveller to ensure they book travel accordingly.

An airline is quite within it's rights to refuse boarding if at the time of arrival in Thailand the 72 hours had lapsed since the Covid test was issued.

Perhaps you should read this citation again. It clear states that the Test RESULT must be issue no more than 72 hours prior to your first embarkation  (departure) point. Can't be any clearer than that. Not sure why you are missing the wording in that statement 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get an accurate and correct answer to what date should be listed on the COE in the Date of Transit  field?

 

My COE that just arrived today shows Departure Date as April 2, Date of Transit April 2 and Date of Arrival April 4.  I leave on April 2, fly to Doha arriving on April 3, then leave Doha on April 3 and Arrive in Thailand April 4. 

 

  The use of certain words on Thai documents can be confusing as they can be interpreted more than 1 way.   I know my info is correct that I supplied for the COE as I typed the wrong date the first time entering the date for the COE and it would not go thru until I corrected it to match the flight detail to match both flights on my ticket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dan O said:

Perhaps you should read this citation again. It clear states that the Test RESULT must be issue no more than 72 hours prior to your first embarkation  (departure) point. Can't be any clearer than that. Not sure why you are missing the wording in that statement 

Not a native speaker or reading comprehension issues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dan O said:

Did anyone get an accurate and correct answer to what date should be listed on the COE in the Date of Transit  field?

I didn't. I've emailed the embassy (currently waiting for the answer) + will ask the airline, but if someone else has some experience on it, that'd be very helpful. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, user70 said:

I didn't. I've emailed the embassy (currently waiting for the answer) + will ask the airline, but if someone else has some experience on it, that'd be very helpful. 

I sent an email also to see if I can get a correct answer if there is one. I touch base with you if I hear back 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dan O said:

Did anyone get an accurate and correct answer to what date should be listed on the COE in the Date of Transit  field?

 

My COE that just arrived today shows Departure Date as April 2, Date of Transit April 2 and Date of Arrival April 4.  I leave on April 2, fly to Doha arriving on April 3, then leave Doha on April 3 and Arrive in Thailand April 4. 

 

  The use of certain words on Thai documents can be confusing as they can be interpreted more than 1 way.   I know my info is correct that I supplied for the COE as I typed the wrong date the first time entering the date for the COE and it would not go thru until I corrected it to match the flight detail to match both flights on my ticket. 

The date of transit is the date you transit. If you arrive in Doha on the 3rd and leave on the 3rd then your date of transit is the 3rd.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...