Wrong date of transit on my Certificate of Entry (CoE): will this cause any issue?

54 minutes ago, mlkik said:

The date of transit is the date you transit. If you arrive in Doha on the 3rd and leave on the 3rd then your date of transit is the 3rd.

That's my thinking also, especially since it has a clear date of departure. I've sent an email about it to confirm if it's correct or not and more importantly foes it matter or affect anything. I'll post the response once I receive it

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

That's my thinking also, especially since it has a clear date of departure. I've sent an email about it to confirm if it's correct or not and more importantly foes it matter or affect anything. I'll post the response once I receive it

I left the UK on 5th December and arrived in Doha for transit on 6th and arrived in Thailand on 6th.

My COE stated date of departure 5th December,date of transit 6th December and date of arrival in Thailand 6th December.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mlkik said:

My COE stated date of departure 5th December,date of transit 6th December and date of arrival in Thailand 6th December.

thanks great to know! hopefully one day the Thai authorities will fix  their CoE application form.

• Like 1

Hello,

My date of departure is on 29 APRIL 16.00. I arrive on DOHA on 29 APRIL 23.00. Then I'll wait few hours, ( it will be then already 30 APRIL ), so my flight from DOHA to BKK, will be all on the 30 APRIL.

So my CoE indicate,

Date of departure 29 APRIL

Date of transit 30 APRIL

Date of arrival 30 APRIL

Do the CoE is correct ? even I'll be inside the DOHA airport between 29 to 30 APRIL ?

30 minutes ago, JackieShan said:

Hello,

My date of departure is on 29 APRIL 16.00. I arrive on DOHA on 29 APRIL 23.00. Then I'll wait few hours, ( it will be then already 30 APRIL ), so my flight from DOHA to BKK, will be all on the 30 APRIL.

So my CoE indicate,

Date of transit 30 APRIL

Date of arrival 30 APRIL

Do the CoE is correct ? even I'll be inside the DOHA airport between 29 to 30 APRIL ?

I think that looks correct  

4 hours ago, JackieShan said:

Hello,

So my CoE indicate,

Date of transit 30 APRIL

Date of arrival 30 APRIL

Yes it is correct.

5 hours ago, JackieShan said:

Hello,

So my CoE indicate,

Date of transit 30 APRIL

Date of arrival 30 APRIL

Even if your flight leaves DIA at 30APR on00:05 AM or 23:55PM your date of transit is the April 30. All you can go on is your scheduled departure times. This COE thing is the biggest hassle in the whole process and does nothing to fight a virus.

Having arrival date, and ASQ reservation would be enough to manage the arrival process. Looks like I get to do it again in June.

I still haven't heard back from the Embassy about my COE that has the wrong transit date so I sent another email today.  It may be a non issue because every thing else is correct but I'd really like an official response back 

On 3/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, user70 said:

I didn't. I've emailed the embassy (currently waiting for the answer) + will ask the airline, but if someone else has some experience on it, that'd be very helpful. 

I never received a response from my email to the embassy so I sent a message on Facebook to the embassy page. They sent me a message back within 5 minutes saying that it was a system error but it is not a problem if all other info like flight info, departure and arrival are correct and match the ticket. They specifically said it will not present a problem. 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:44 AM, Dan O said:

They specifically said it will not present a problem. 

Thanks that's good to know. On my side I called them and they did say that was an issue, so I got new certificate of entry. What a mess.

6 hours ago, user70 said:

Thanks that's good to know. On my side I called them and they did say that was an issue, so I got new certificate of entry. What a mess.

This is the stuff that is so confusing to people when there is no consistency. I even asked for a new COE and they said no    I guess I'm calling them back again as even if it's OK for them who knows what the airline, immigration or hotel will say.  I don't trust them on this 

OK I just got off the phone for the 3rd time with Thai Embassy Washington DC. They said it's no problem and correct??? Transit Date means traveling??? They transferred me to the Consular Generals Office.  They also said it's not a problem and I don't need another COE  they said the dates that are checked are departure date to match ticket and also for the Covid test, and the Arrival Date must match with flight ticket and ASQ reservation  they also said the other important info is that the Flight Numbers match with the COE.

typical confusion in my opinion 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Glad you got it sorted. Well done. 

Go have a beer and sort your packing out. 

As sorted as it gets!

Yes I am already brushing up on my beer drinking skills in preparation for my trip 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 6:14 PM, Dan O said:

I even asked for a new COE and they said no

Amazing, the consulate I was dealing with automatically canceled my CoE after I emailed them about the transit date being incorrect. Why can't the Thai tourism industry pressure the government to have clear guidelines? There are missing out on many tourists with that stupid and inconsistent paperwork. Anyway in the meantime I advise to fly to a different country, eg most people can fly into Mexico without any paperwork aside from the passport.

Edited by user70
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 9:42 AM, Dan O said:

OK I just got off the phone for the 3rd time with Thai Embassy Washington DC. They said it's no problem and correct??? Transit Date means traveling??? They transferred me to the Consular Generals Office.  They also said it's not a problem and I don't need another COE  they said the dates that are checked are departure date to match ticket and also for the Covid test, and the Arrival Date must match with flight ticket and ASQ reservation  they also said the other important info is that the Flight Numbers match with the COE.

typical confusion in my opinion 

Good luck explaining that to the airline as they review your flight itinerary. I mean that, if you are lucky, they won’t care.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:53 PM, JackieShan said:

Hello,

So my CoE indicate,

Date of transit 30 APRIL

Date of arrival 30 APRIL

Your COE is correct. I just want to know how you got a Date of Transit that is different from your Date of Departure.

On 3/6/2021 at 12:10 AM, Captain Monday said:

Your day of transit is the date of your connecting flights departure. Purely for example, say leaving LAX on APR 1 at 11:05 PM

BR11 01APR LAX-TPE DEP 23:05 ARR 5:25 on 03APR 

April 3 is date of transit

BR25 03APR TPE-BKK DEP 8:25AM ARR 11:25 on 03APR

April 3 is day of arrival

Just request a new COE. I had to do it several times due to flight changes but one time it was I who submitted incorrect data. Supposedly the COE is generated automatically by what the user inputs on the online form.  

The big question is where in the COE you input 03-04-2021, your date of Transit.

On 4/20/2021 at 7:29 AM, Danderman123 said:

The big question is where in the COE you input 03-04-2021, your date of Transit.

You dont input that date its put in by the software     I had no issue with it being wrong date on transit as the only thing that was inspected and confirmed was the departure and arrival dates had to match.   This software is older and has been in use for quite some time, just not in all countries. they age recently been update it to add vaccine information and hopefully the other bugs in the software will be fixed as well 

On 4/20/2021 at 7:19 AM, Danderman123 said:

Good luck explaining that to the airline as they review your flight itinerary. I mean that, if you are lucky, they won’t care.

It was no issue at all during my flight. They only inspected the departure and arrival dates and that the flight codes were correct  for my travel  

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

You dont input that date its put in by the software     I had no issue with it being wrong date on transit as the only thing that was inspected and confirmed was the departure and arrival dates had to match.   This software is older and has been in use for quite some time, just not in all countries. they age recently been update it to add vaccine information and hopefully the other bugs in the software will be fixed as well 

Nope. When filling out the COE screens, you are prompted to input the Date of Transit. The processor uses that for the COE. 

If you input the wrong Date of Transit, your COE will be wrong. 

On 4/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, Danderman123 said:

Nope. When filling out the COE screens, you are prompted to input the Date of Transit. The processor uses that for the COE. 

If you input the wrong Date of Transit, your COE will be wrong. 

Not when I filled out the COE back in the beginning of March the date was input correct but the software is what fills in the form that's issued   and the General Consulate confirmed it when I Contacted them

53 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not when I filled out the COE back in the beginning of March the date was input correct but the software is what fills in the form that's issued   and the General Consulate confirmed it when I Contacted them

Having done over a dozen COEs, what I can tell you is whatever date you put in the line with the red circle will be your Date of Transit. Note that in the preceding line, you input your Departure flight number. Most people would assume that the date of that flight should go in the second line, but it doesn’t.

F969C2AC-76F4-470A-A3D0-B3CBE369CA78.jpeg

On 4/26/2021 at 10:50 PM, Danderman123 said:

Having done over a dozen COEs, what I can tell you is whatever date you put in the line with the red circle will be your Date of Transit. Note that in the preceding line, you input your Departure flight number. Most people would assume that the date of that flight should go in the second line, but it doesn’t.

F969C2AC-76F4-470A-A3D0-B3CBE369CA78.jpeg

And I'm telling you I input the correct dates and info and the system changed created the date and the embassy even confirmed the software changed it and they were working on it.   I doubt you've done a dozen COE, in less than 1 year.  End of story so stop replying to this. 

On 4/25/2021 at 9:29 AM, Dan O said:

It was no issue at all during my flight. They only inspected the departure and arrival dates and that the flight codes were correct  for my travel  

I was in Narita last night, and they checked everyone's COE very carefully, 15 minutes per passenger to check their documents. They checked to make sure the Date of Transit on the COE was the same as yesterday's date.