Bangkok: Drunk uni lecturer in a Benz mows down engineer on Rachada Road

rooster59

On 3/8/2021 at 12:54 AM, RobU said:

The difference between this woman and the drunk guy driving his cement truck is that she is a highly paid university lecturer (judging by the car she drives) amongst the top 10 percent of intelligence and social awareness in the country and knows exactly what the consequences of her actions would be. The drunk lorry driver is much lower on the social awareness scale and probably lives from day to day with no thought for the future. She is highly privileged within Thai society he is just a pleb. She probably has the clout to make it go away the lorry driver doesn't.. The man she killed was a manual worker doing his job. Manual workers are considered to be the lowest in society according to academics worldwide who think that manual work does not deserve the same rewards as sitting in an office, schoolroom or laboratory 'using your brain'. Her mindset will be that it was nobody important who can be easily replaced. She deserves every slur and rancid comment made about her whether they are true or not

That I agree with, because of what she has done... 

But, the implication that she must have a side line because she drives a Merc is not a ‘specific slur’ but one which implies any Thai woman driving a Merc by association must have a side line - it is this point to which I directed criticism. 

On 3/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, SuwadeeS said:

Yesterday, I was almost hit by a silver Benz as well.

I walked in a Soi. Thanks to my full attention and fast reflex, I could jump away.

Even after 20 years and no accident, I was very lucky because that Benz driver seems to try to hit me on purpose.

So, I consider this social political as stone age.

Here is no law of fairness, just the law of richness reckless and arrogance.

While crossing the road on a crossing the other day, the driver of a Merc stopped for me while a taxi nearly mowed me down, thanks to my full attention and fast reflex, I could jump away.

See what I did there - selective confirmation bias !!!!.... 

But, I don’t believe the driver of the taxi tried to hit me, he just tried not to have to stop !!!! 

This is quite different from an outrageously selfish poisonous woman getting drunk, driving and killing someone. 

Selfish because she drove drunk and didn’t care for anyone else. 

Poisonous because she seemed to show no remorse and indicated she could fix it.