Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Pattaya sports hub: 20,000 seater stadium to open this year


Recommended Posts

Pattaya sports hub: 20,000 seater stadium to open this year

 

156210388_4012062905481280_8192662632390197063_o.jpg

Image: Sophon Cable TV

 

Pattaya's mayor Sontaya Khunpluem said that work on a 20,000 seater football and sports stadium at the National Sports Center East in Huay Yai is on schedule.

 

It is now 60% complete with work on the roof and decorations still to be done.

 

He said that it would be completed by the end of 2021 for sure.

 

There were some delays due to the difficulty in piling work but these have been overcome. 

 

He said that the national athetics association had been in touch with a view to holding the Asian Athletics Championships there. 

 

He reiterated his commitment to making Pattaya a hub of tourism and sports and looked forward to the opening of the stadium.

 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-06
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

A football stadium with no top class team to play there after Pattaya United cleared off a couple of years ago.

This vanity project could end up being a white elephant. Might there have been better things to spend the money on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Given his track record on the drainage system, I'm guessing water polo will be the main event held here?


The 4 Man (Brown Paper Envelope) Relay race is postponed until the next project comes up.

What is hilarious though is how many people think everything that happens in/around Pattaya revolves around the far, old, expat (and similar) tourist demographic.

They have little, if any, clue as to all the other stuff that goes on that is "Thai-centric" and probably known to few expats unless they have kids involved in those events (like soccer and volleyball tournaments for example).

But it seems that a lot of them think that everything the gov't does should be centered around them though and if it doesn't then it's just a waste of time and money. :glare:

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart move.

If UK continues with empty stadiums, they could move the "Premierleague" to Pattaya.

First in line would be "Leicester City".

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kerryd said:


The 4 Man (Brown Paper Envelope) Relay race is postponed until the next project comes up.

What is hilarious though is how many people think everything that happens in/around Pattaya revolves around the far, old, expat (and similar) tourist demographic.

They have little, if any, clue as to all the other stuff that goes on that is "Thai-centric" and probably known to few expats unless they have kids involved in those events (like soccer and volleyball tournaments for example).

But it seems that a lot of them think that everything the gov't does should be centered around them though and if it doesn't then it's just a waste of time and money. :glare:

Let us know when you have 20,000 spectators watching school childrens' athletics, football or anything else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, champers said:

Let us know when you have 20,000 spectators watching school childrens' athletics, football or anything else.

Perhaps hold the music festival there and keep Pattaya quiet!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps hold the music festival there and keep Pattaya quiet!

Buffalo racing would get a big crowd but would make a mess of the football pitch.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

is there not a stadium down chairypreuk two road on left hand side ?????

I believe that this is behind the indoor sports centre on Chiayaphruek Road.

stadium.jpg.46f8245b92872137807d36c871956c14.jpg

Edited by chickenslegs
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

football

 

Bit late for Pattaya United who moved to Samut Prakan a couple of yrs ago .. 

If Mayor is not full of it he should get 'em back once they get the roof on .. and seats in .. and

How do you set a footie stadium on fire .? 

with a match of course .. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

is there not a stadium down chairypreuk two road on left hand side ?????

Yes, but the one quoted in the article is behind the one you are talking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yep,  getting out of Leicester would be very appealing.

I managed it. Mind you, it was a long tunnel I had to dig.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, champers said:

A football stadium with no top class team to play there after Pattaya United cleared off a couple of years ago.

This vanity project could end up being a white elephant. Might there have been better things to spend the money on?

I'm sure some of the budget was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this guy read the negative reference a week ago I wrote. If they finish it a large chunk of money they request and get each year for the stadium will be gone! I watched this project for 15 years it is stated 60% today and will finish end of year tough to believe since half of the seating was placed in 8 years ago which is now cracking.

Money allocated time and time again was taken or stolen, years ago when they did the first Beach road make over 120 million was taken from the stadium, when another 120 plus million was needed to put in the signal lights crosswalk guess where they got that money the list goes on and on! 

 

I believe it when I see it!  even if it is finish everything around including the indoor stadium is falling apart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is 20 km X 20 km to allow for social distancing 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 10:56 AM, PatOngo said:

I'm sure someone benefitted from it! :jap:

 

Yes, but they could of skimmed more money buy putting a roof over the stadium.  A lost opportunity.    🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, toolpush said:

Yes, but the one quoted in the article is behind the one you are talking about.

okay so this is a NEW ONE......why not use the old one???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...