Thai teacher condemned for looking down on a student's dream - they want to serve in the US military

rooster59

45 minutes ago, rabas said:

As pure Thai he could not maintain dual citizenship, in either country I believe. He lived a good life as an American in California and decided to return to Thailand after retirement with a great military pension. Tiger Woods is a different story being a dual citizen by birth.

That's strange.  My wife became an American citizen when we lived there, but has always used her Thai passport entering and leaving Thailand.  Now that we live her neither she nor our American born children who we registered with the RTE there have to deal with immigration.  Only I do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rabas said:

As pure Thai he could not maintain dual citizenship, in either country I believe. He lived a good life as an American in California and decided to return to Thailand after retirement with a great military pension. Tiger Woods is a different story being a dual citizen by birth.

Many Thai's have dual citizenship, including my wife and my son, and you don't get born with dual citizenship, although it makes it easier if your parents have different nationalities. 

• Like 1