extension of stay on marriage

Hi, this maybe trivial but I just want to make sure I'll put the reason for applying extension of stay is acceptable. I was thinking just writing something like to "stay with family" is very lame so I would like to ask you folks what reason you are writing here if you are applying for extension based on marriage (I have two Thai kids). Also do you actually put 360 days period? Here's the snap of that part of the application form.

Cheers 

application_for_extension_temporary_stay_reason.png

Thanks @steve187and @ubonjoe. Makes sense to put specifically "Thai Wife".

How about the number of days? Do you put 360 days?

Also, this 4x6cm picture? Do they strictly require this size?. I have existing 2x2 inches if I can just use it the better. No prob if I need to take a new one.

13 minutes ago, steve187 said:

'' stay with Thai wife'' 

i just hope you work out the more complicated requirements, photo's, witness, bank balance letter etc etc

Yeah, starting to compile it all now. Already got photos few days ago. Witness my in-law and wife cousin. Bank balance will get it 2 days before my submission. My local immigration said bank letter is valid for 7 days.

21 minutes ago, mpchamp said:

How about the number of days? Do you put 360 days?

You put 365 days.

21 minutes ago, mpchamp said:

Also, this 4x6cm picture? Do they strictly require this size?. I have existing 2x2 inches if I can just use it the better. No prob if I need to take a new one.

The 2 X 2 photos will be accepted.

Kor ror 2 no longer than a couple of days old and bank letter on the day, just saves you a problem in the long run.

I use fresh PP photos each year, 4x6 cm with a blue background, shirt should have a collar and not light in colour.

Best of luck.

4 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Kor ror 2 no longer than a couple of days old and bank letter on the day, just saves you a problem in the long run.

I use fresh PP photos each year, 4x6 cm with a blue background, shirt should have a collar and not light in colour.

Best of luck.

Thanks @sherwood we got a new Kor ror 2 in the amphur, immigration said it must be 30 days old. How about the photos with wife outside/inside the house, would they accept black/white print? I missed to ask these questions when I visit the immig.

2 minutes ago, mpchamp said:

Thanks @sherwood we got a new Kor ror 2 in the amphur, immigration said it must be 30 days old. How about the photos with wife outside/inside the house, would they accept black/white print? I missed to ask these questions when I visit the immig.

Not black and white, colour is required at my IO (Korat). Outside the house with house number on 1 page then 2 photos on the second page, worked for me.

1 minute ago, sherwood said:

Not black and white, colour is required at my IO (Korat). Outside the house with house number on 1 page then 2 photos on the second page, worked for me.

I see. Okay. I'll just print coloured.

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Get an ATM slip on the day too.

An ATM slip will not cut it CharlieH and you know it. A printout of the bank bank statement ( original, signed by the bank)  for two full months with a fresh deposit on the day and the Bank letter is the requirement. 

Then a photo copy of said bank book, front page and every other page with ink on it is the norm.

Never go to a gun fight armed only with a knife.

2 minutes ago, sherwood said:

An ATM slip will not cut it CharlieH and you know it. A printout of the bank bank statement ( original, signed by the bank)  for two full months with a fresh deposit on the day and the Bank letter is the requirement. 

He is correct when applying at many offices.

Not all will want the bank statement. A updated bank book showing the 400k baht for 2 months is enough.

Archived