Covid-19 protection: Two masks is effective up to 96% says top doc

rooster59

12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Dr Manoon Leechawengwong of Vichaiyut Hospital in Bangkok said it could stop the spread of Covid in some situations by up to 96%.

Perhaps a good idea suggesting this, I'm not sure. However, it's a pity he didn't say how effective just one mask is.

• Like 1

The idea of two masks is being discussed in the U.S. a lot in the last month.  I haven't seen even one double masker in Thailand. I have to admit and I'm not proud of it that I would be very reticent to double mask here unless it became fairly common. I feel that people would stare and mock.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The idea of two masks is being discussed in the U.S. a lot in the last month.  I haven't seen even one double masker in Thailand. I have to admit and I'm not proud of it that I would be very reticent to double mask here unless it became fairly common. I feel that people would stare and mock.

There are definitely fewer double baggers over here.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My gf and myself wear 2

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I've seen a few double baggers but not double maskers.

10 hours ago, mr mr said:

nope. this is getting out of hand now. let the virus rip. the world needs to move on. how long are we going to stay in limbo crushing the future of so many ? 

99% survival rate right ? 

They've shut the whole world down over a 99% survival rate.  Un by God believable. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Now you don't have to worry about it. Now they have seen a "top doctor" suggest it. So they will seem like unintelligent idiots. Double mask up in busy areas.

• Confused 1

On 3/6/2021 at 5:09 AM, rooster59 said:

Covid-19 protection: Two masks is effective up to 96% says top doc

covid.JPG

Image: Daily News

A leading Thai respiratory doctor has said that wearing TWO masks is fine and does not restrict breathing. 

In fact Dr Manoon Leechawengwong of Vichaiyut Hospital in Bangkok said it could stop the spread of Covid in some situations by up to 96%.

He said on Facebook that he wondered in the past if wearing two masks was over the top.

Now he was convinced due to new evidence that putting a surgical mask and a cloth one together was a good idea and could improve efficacy. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-06

And the eyes? Must have protection for the eyes as well...