Looking for reputable gold dealer

samuttodd

Hello all,   

I know I saw a thread on here about buying gold bars and bullion etc a while back and it had the name of some of the more reputable dealers in the bangkok area.

I have searched high and low for it and can not find it...   If anyone can point me in the right direction,  I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Mai mee said:

So Seng Heng... Yaowarrat, dealt with them for years.

456 Yaowarat Rd, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100

Do they buy back gold from countries other than Thailand?

Just go to any large shopping mall, there will be multiple gold shops there, although some have to order bullion in as they mainly carry gold jewellery. The shops are there to stay, they won't be going anywhere.

The price you pay for the ordered bullion is the buying price on the day the order is placed by you.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Do they buy back gold from countries other than Thailand?

Some don't some do... But it must be pure (.999) such as bullion bars or Canadian Maple leaf coins, Panda coins etc. The dealers will have little to no interest in alloyed material like sovereigns or the 22K American Eagle bullion coins. I regularly travel and keep a stack of Canadian Maple leaf 1 oz. coins as they seem to be the most accepted worldwide. FWIW the .999 Pandas do have a following here. 

I have sold/traded easily at the major dealers on Yaowarrat, and have a local dealer here in Phuket who'll take as many as I want at international spot price.

4 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

I have sold/traded easily at the major dealers on Yaowarrat, and have a local dealer here in Phuket who'll take as many as I want at international spot price.

And what does the shop usually charge in buying/selling fees?

2 hours ago, Mai mee said:
2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

And what does the shop usually charge in buying/selling fees?

It would depend on what you have/want. Can you be more specific on what you want to sell or buy?

I have seen on other threads that when you buy/sell bars shops want to add commission to the advertised price. What is an acceptable commission price?