Yamaha Exciter

damascase

Just wondering whether anyone here has experience with the Yamaha Exciter? I am interested in it because it seems, to me, a good compromise between a motorbike and a scooter. Until recently it had a 150cc engine (with manual clutch and 6-speed gearbox), but the 2021 model has the latest 155 engine with variable valve timing, and 17.7 hp. 121 kg wet, 17” wheels.

i walked into a Yamaha dealership today and they offered me the 2020 model. When I said I was interested in the 2021 model with the 155 engine they appeared - or pretended to be - unaware of the new model.

5ADEFD74-2C43-4C8C-8A49-C70A934538C1.jpeg

Edited by damascase

I don't think it's bad, but it's not my type of bike. It doesn't have the advantage of the auto clutch like for example a Honda Wave, and doesn't look as good as a "normal" motorbike.

The 2021 model hasn't been released in Thailand yet, everything I find online seems to be from Vietnam. Usually the dealers don't get any information in advance, they only know about them when they are officially released in Thailand (applies to all brands).

24 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

XSR155 , MT-15, and R15,

Last summer papa rented one for 10 days and rode around northern Thailand.

Nice peppy bike, for the price.

This bike never sold well here.

Disadvantages:

-- smallish under-seat tank, ,

-- lacks under-seat storage.

-- front forks adequate, not robust USD forks as 3 above.

Same price would buy nice 2nd-hand CB150 w/ABS.

Best in class.

• 3 months later...

I'm outside of Thailand waiting for my 2nd jab plus a bit more relaxing of Thai entry regulations.

I thought I'd buy a good chain for my 4 year old Yamaha Exciter.

I'm pretty sure it's a 428 size but I can't find anywhere the number of links.

Would someone know the length?

Thanks

Edited by drift

14 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Found this on a Vietnamese site   https://chrunix.com/chain-sprocket-set-yamaha-exciter.html  $20 for the whole set.

Assuming same sprocket sizes 122 links.

D.I.D Chain And Sprocket Yamaha Exciter Set

Thank you Damrongsak, 122 links it is.     

I bought for another bike a DID chain in Thailand. Cheap all right but it started to stretch by the time I got to the end of the driveway. A copy for sure.

3 hours ago, drift said:

Thank you Damrongsak, 122 links it is.     

I bought for another bike a DID chain in Thailand. Cheap all right but it started to stretch by the time I got to the end of the driveway. A copy for sure.

One here with 130 links:

https://shopee.ph/FZ16-FZi-Sniper-150-MXi-(14T-41TX428-130L)-Osaki-Lucky-Gold-Chain-Sprocket-Set-Made-Thailand--i.28802046.4656711763

And another.  These are from a Philippine site - Sniper 150.

image.png.f1aa3b3ab4cd01dea5938006b68362dc.png