D-day for Thailand to reopen next month: Area Quarantine hailed as foreign tourists set to return

rooster59

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pipat expects five million to flood into Thailand before the end of the year.

LOL. Right. Of course they will. They'll absolutely FLOOD into Thailand and we'll know just how many came come Xmas.

Edited by Taswegian23
  • Like 1

One of my favorite weekend getaways from BKK was the Pinnacle Resort in Jomtien.  I could stay on their grounds for 2 weeks without feeling too imprisoned.  And the first couple of days, I'd be jet lagged and napping through anyway. 

But they had their own beach, many buildings and villas, half a dozen swimming pools, a couple of bars, a great breakfast buffet and a real nice restaurant for lunch and dinner. 

One of the boutique (more accurately "Tiny Box") hotels in town?  Nope.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Yes, they will be able to utilize the grounds and effectively go ANYWHERE they please so long as they don't go outside. 

and risk infection from others at this resort - how stupid is that

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

and risk infection from others at this resort - how stupid is that

Bingo Smedly, nailed it, but wait there will be a basher along soon to tell you how wrong you are and how safe it is since Covid is under control in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, the bright idea, is STILL 14 days of quarantine in the same place, but you can walk about a bit ! Laughable.

They should make the people that make these decisions low paid people with little savings that fear losing their jobs but come up with sensible ideas

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

In 2 months the Mediterranean beaches will start opening, and with the vaccination full on there won't be any "area quarantines".

If we're not taking 'European' geographically, Brighton's probably the closest place to the Med where vaccination can be described as 'full on'...

Unless we're mean 'European' as in 'Eurovision', in which case there's Tel Aviv (comes with free oil :)

Edited by onebir
Added fun

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

So, the bright idea, is STILL 14 days of quarantine in the same place, but you can walk about a bit ! Laughable.

They should make the people that make these decisions low paid people with little savings that fear losing their jobs but come up with sensible ideas

Need to invest in that new ride sharing app...  Hober.   

Kind of like Uber, but a different kind of ride...  Delivered to your ASQ.

2 hours ago, nkg said:

Being confined to the grounds of a hotel is not a lot better than staying in my room. And how is it safe to have all the guests and staff mingling as they wander around?

Not saying that the idea is overwhelming but I definitely disagree with your statement: grounds may mean resort and a lot of tourists are quite happy with spending an all inclusive stay at a hotels. Not my type of vacations but I have seen this from Mexico to Cyprus and people really enjoy it. As for the staff I guess that they will stuck with the guests and will not be allowed outside either or, at least, not before being tested ( don't ask me how...I am not a health professional )

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alyx said:

Not saying that the idea is overwhelming but I definitely disagree with your statement: grounds may mean resort and a lot of tourists are quite happy with spending an all inclusive stay at a hotels. Not my type of vacations but I have seen this from Mexico to Cyprus and people really enjoy it. As for the staff I guess that they will stuck with the guests and will not be allowed outside either or, at least, not before being tested ( don't ask me how...I am not a health professional )

They need to look up Club Med...  Some of them were located in places where there's nothing to do outside of the resort.

And it's not as if cruise liners weren't a popular vacation option...

Edited by impulse

This method makes no scientific sense. 

If you have a new visitor who arrives on day one and has the virus, then surely he can effect someone who has been at the resort for nearly 14 days - who is then released and effects others. 

• Thanks 2