Extension of stay for Retirement - New Requirement

34 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Understood. What they are saying is: we cannot be arsed to make your life easier, we don't care if it's cool with Thailand, we choose to not help.

To put sharp edge on it. Early days when a letter from embassy was required for extension the USA gov provide for their citizens. The Au embassy refused.

Added note. If someone wants a residence certificate they can obtain from immigration or their embassy. No surprise that AU embassy does not. Bunch of useless so and so,s

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

All of that was discussed when they stopped doing them due to immigration wanting them to be verified back in 2018..

The 3 embassies that don't do them now could not verify the income under the rules and regulations they had to comply with.

Sorry Joe. "Could not" is just not true. It is a case of "would not". If they wanted to, they could, it is just not a priority.

No one believes the embassy of the U.S.A. cannot do what the embassy of Canada does IF THEY WANTED TO.

18 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Sorry Joe. "Could not" is just not true. It is a case of "would not". If they wanted to, they could, it is just not a priority.

No one believes the embassy of the U.S.A. cannot do what the embassy of Canada does IF THEY WANTED TO.

I assume you did not read this line in my post.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 3 embassies that don't do them now could not verify the income under the rules and regulations they had to comply with.

As I said this was discussed and cussed over 2 years ago when they  stopped doing them. No need to rehash it all over again.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 8:44 AM, Gold Star said:

In order to simplify things, I thought I would put in the 800k instead of getting my Canadian Consular affidavit letter proving annual income from my tax return once a year. 

Yet it appears the income method is far less hassle that the 800k method as they don't keep asking you several times a year if you still earn an income.

I've been reading the topic, thinking exactly the same thing. I go to the Canadian consulate with bank statements showing my income, get the income letter and take it to immigration. We are truly blessed to have consulates that will still issue the letters.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 5:37 PM, DrJack54 said:

You making this stuff up! So if using money in bank and your imm office (ie Jomtien) requires you to show your bankbook etc 3 months after extension granted and you just happen to be overseas then you need fly back to Thailand to show your bank book. 

Good one. Ha

Don't be ridiculous. That's not what I said or implied. It would be prudent to contact immigration before going overseas and agree what to do - before, after or they might waiver.

You seem to think arrogantly turning up and saying you were overseas will be politely accepted. There is nothing to say it will or won't yet. Perhaps you should be the volunteer instead of misleading others when you clearly ain't got a clue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, digger70 said:

Invest ones funds instead of having sit it in an account that gives next to nothing interest. 

Next to nothing is better than nothing, which is exactly what I would get for keeping my money in my UK account, ZERO percent.