Objection to Thai Airways creditor

nahoj

Hi all,

I'm asking here about something that's being discussed in the Travel forum, about Thai Airways. I'm one of the travelers who had booked a flight with THAI in March 2020, asked for the refund when it got cancelled, then went to register as a creditor in THAI's bankruptcy process. A few days ago we received an email saying we were facing an objection to our claim... and it's written in Thai language which I don't know at all. Now, at this point I don't have much hope of seeing my money again but I'd still like to know the reason(s) they're giving. The objection contains what looks like a list of possible reasons, with some checked and some not. Could anyone give me a brief explanation or translation of what they say? Here's my copy of the document in attachment.

thai_airways_objection_to_creditor_2021-03.pdf

I had a similar issue with TG whereby they said "we are broke and don't have any money now to do a refund" so i have put in a refund dispute with my my Visa credit credit card issuer and go a full refund in 3 months...

I knew they were facing bankruptcy but I haven't followed the story.  Surely if they can't pay what they owe, they are bankrupt?  I'd be interested to learn how your claim can be objected to. I take it its a class action?

Are Thai bankruptcy rules different to Western ones?

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, nahoj said:

Hi all,

I'm asking here about something that's being discussed in the Travel forum, about Thai Airways. I'm one of the travelers who had booked a flight with THAI in March 2020, asked for the refund when it got cancelled, then went to register as a creditor in THAI's bankruptcy process. A few days ago we received an email saying we were facing an objection to our claim... and it's written in Thai language which I don't know at all. Now, at this point I don't have much hope of seeing my money again but I'd still like to know the reason(s) they're giving. The objection contains what looks like a list of possible reasons, with some checked and some not. Could anyone give me a brief explanation or translation of what they say? Here's my copy of the document in attachment.

thai_airways_objection_to_creditor_2021-03.pdf 3.7 MB · 2 downloads

See attachedthai_airways_objection_to_creditor_2021-03.pdf

8 hours ago, upu2 said:

Yours was in Thai I uploaded in English

I'm sorry but I just see the same document I uploaded with one page in English and 2 pages in Thai and the spots where I redacted my personal info.

You asked for a refund and at some point THAI sent you a voucher, right?

As far as I understand,  they are using the voucher as a reason to reject the claim through the bankruptcy court. 

The way forward,  is for you to contact THAI and state that you do not want a voucher. They when then acknowledge that, send you a document which you can then submit to the court. 

Probably just more time wasted....

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You asked for a refund and at some point THAI sent you a voucher, right?

I asked for a refund right away and they agreed to it at the time but said there would be some delay, then came the bankruptcy. I can't seriously fight them in court, I'm just curious to know what they're telling us in that "objection".

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, nahoj said:

I'm sorry but I just see the same document I uploaded with one page in English and 2 pages in Thai and the spots where I redacted my personal info.

You are right. The other pages are not OCR and hence can not directly translate. Sorry for that