UK To Thailand - Right Now?

I own a business in Thailand a condominium rental business on airbnb my life savings are in phuket and so is my home however I am unable to get their due to lockdown restrictions here in the UK.

Myself and my partner wish to migrate their permanatly ASAP however we have no idea of our rights as I understand being owner of condo / residency gives me certain rights.

Could someone please enlighten me on anything on should know or could help us to get their right away. STV visa does not seem ideal would this be the only way and if so how can my partner (unmarried) come with me too.

I would appreciate very much any help anyone could bring on this subject.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

as I understand being owner of condo / residency gives me certain rights.

Other than paying annual fees, none that I know of. Guessing you're not old enough for extension based on retirement? What do you mean by you "own a business"?

I am director of a thai company which owns a condo. My home is in Phuket

I am in my 30s - no I do not qualify for retirement visa

How do I get home anything other than STV? Which I obviously qualify for but my partner does not

17 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

How do I get home anything other than STV? Which I obviously qualify for but my partner does not

Virtually all visas are open to you and your partner now including visa exempt, the issue is staying long-term. Elite visa (costly, especially for two) if you have the cash would likely be the best bet. STV sucks, hence it's dismal failure, best avoided IMO.

The Elite visa is the only way for you to go based on age unless you have an active company and want to go down the work permit route and work in the business, at your age I suspect that's quite a possibility.

BritTim - thank you for your advice could you recommend an agency that could possibly work on this for us, this is first time ive head this suggestion of doing a work permit from my thai company for us both...

UKrules - Unfortunatly I was already aware of the Elite visa but £10,000 each is too much for us.

18 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Virtually all visas are open to you and your partner now including visa exempt, the issue is staying long-term. Elite visa (costly, especially for two) if you have the cash would likely be the best bet. STV sucks, hence it's dismal failure, best avoided IMO.

This is great however how do we leave the UK to go there - there are many flights from London right now can I just jump on with my titles deeds/thai company documents and wil be allowed in!?

8 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

This is great however how do we leave the UK to go there - there are many flights from London right now can I just jump on with my titles deeds/thai company documents and wil be allowed in!?

Not quite, you need a negative RT-PCR test, fit to fly certificate, certificate of entry, and quarantine booked. Also I believe the UK has just instigated a "get out of the country" form.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ is where you apply for the Certificate of Entry and the first page gives a decent run down of the process.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not quite, you need a nrgative RT-PCR 

OK so we should both pass negative for covid Gatwick will allow us to leave the UK and board the flight to Thailand right now.

I am concerned my partner will not be allowed in as she does not own the condo/thai company

2 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

I am concerned my partner will not be allowed in as she does not own the condo/thai company

See link I added above re COE and process. If you go visa exempt the condo/Thai company is irrelevant (for both of you). Assuming your partner is also a Brit no issue her getting in.

image.thumb.png.311c34cc95745b016b852a45678933ce.png

Is the '11 (Exempt - Medium Term Visitor Visa exemption' the one I should select

10 minutes ago, Salerno said:

See link I added above re COE and process. If you go visa exempt the condo/Thai company is irrelevant (for both of you). Assuming your partner is also a Brit no issue her getting in.

Think you're better off sitting tight until at least vaccine rollout has matured and can then both get in as tourists or whatever. Can of course still leave the UK as not a holidaymaker, but all that hassle. 

But if wanting to go right now I would also go Elite. Big money but :smile:

12 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

Is the '11 (Exempt - Medium Term Visitor Visa exemption' the one I should select

If you intend entering visa exempt, yes.

That will give you 45 days on entry plus the option to extend for 30 days (they will likely ask to see a flight out within the 45 days, get a cheap through away/fake flight out or book flights that you can reschedule the return if you actually intend to book return tickets).

There's also currently the covid extension option available to apply for up to the end of March (60 days extension) that will likely be extended again until the situation clears a bit more. 

"Should" give you time to figure out how to stay long-term if you insist on getting back to Thailand asap. Volunteer visa appears to be the preferred option nowadays (around 45K Bhat apparently).

Still not sure about your business, if legit, can't you get a work permit through it?

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If you intend entering visa exempt, yes.

That will give you 45 days on entry plus the option to extend for 30 days (they will likely ask to see a flight out within the 45 days, get a cheap through away/fake flight out or book flights that you can reschedule the return if you actually intend to).

There's also currently the covid extension option available to apply for up to the end of March (60 days extension) that will likely be extended again until the situation clears a bit more. 

"Should" give you time to figure out how to stay long-term if you insist on getting back to Thailand asap. 

Salimo - you have been great- I had no idea we could simply enter 'visa exempt' I thought international travel was not allowed - I did not think the UK would let us leave however - now you have explained about this COE process it makes sense that a letter from thai embassy would surf ice so providing we have adiquate medical insurance our application COE will be approved.

I can arrange longer term stay visas such as education when we are there.

1 minute ago, lpw997 said:

I did not think the UK would let us leave however

So far, no reports of the clamp down actually being enforced - but as mentioned earlier, pretty sure you guys have just introduced another form where you have to get written permission so your options could well be closing. I'll see if I can find where I read it.

Anyone travelling overseas from England from Monday will have to prove they are allowed to travel, or risk being turned away from the airport and fined.

They will need to complete a "Declaration to Travel" document from a government website.

The form sets out that their trip is permitted under current restrictions, such as for education or work.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56295486

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel?fbclid=IwAR1BdHiZCpDo9uXDO6WaE_x4w1jAVpIOLmqLZjN4y4DbwyXQaRSCoxgQ2y4

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Anyone travelling overseas from England from Monday will have to prove they are allowed to travel, or risk being turned away from the airport and fined.

They will need to complete a "Declaration to Travel" document from a government website.

The form sets out that their trip is permitted under current restrictions, such as for education or work.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56295486

OK - we should fill out this form. Thank you Salerno

I used to have an education visa before - perhaps i should contact the school whom got me the visa before

12 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

I used to have an education visa before - perhaps i should contact the school whom got me the visa before

You could probably get away with saying your travelling for business given you have the docs there with you but your partner "could" have a problem if they decide to check you both (note the Government link states "You may be asked to show this declaration form at the port of departure. You may carry evidence to support your reason for travel." not you definitely will be checked). Also, bit out of left field and even cheekier,  depending where you live, nip over the border and fly out from Glasgow/Edinburgh or Cardiff ... no form needed unless flying from England by the looks of it.

7 hours ago, lpw997 said:

No one can board a flight to Thailand without a COE. the obtaining of which requires special insurance and rpe-bookibg for the mandatory 2 week supervised quarantine

Your title deeds/company documents are irrelevant

UK legalities under Covid-19 restrictions aside... 

You can apply for a Certificate of Entry with a plan to enter Visa Exempt as Salerno as advised. 

Another, longer term option may be to go the ‘Thai Elite’ route... a 5 year Visa for 600,000 baht (or the 20 year option for 1MB Visa only, 2MB Visa+ perks).

Immediate / fast entry is a different matter... going through the CoE process takes a little time to get the documents together (can be done in a few days if the other parties, insurance etc are quick to respond).

Entering on a Visa exempt and switching to a Thai Elite Visa ‘may’ be an option to speed things up, but you’ll have to check with Thai Elite to see if that is even possible without having to leave Thailand after entry. 

OP

You are clearly looking for a quick and easy and cheap way to just jump on a flight to Thailand, enter and stay.

It doesn't exist.  Even if you had the funds for an Elite visa, there is no quick and easy way.  

You have to jump through the multitude of hoops for COE and ASQ.  It's a complicated and exacting process and you need to study it.

You can probably find avenues to enable your staying in Thailand through agents however it is costly and sometimes, if the agent is using shady methods, a disaster.

I don't believe part owning a shell company would pass a real check that you are travelling on business, which is one of the valid reasons to exit the UK.  Even prior to the check sheet introduction it's been said that police are in place at Gatwick and turning people away if they feel they should.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33078888-post33.html

On 3/7/2021 at 5:22 AM, lpw997 said:

I am director of a thai company which owns a condo. My home is in Phuket

I am in my 30s - no I do not qualify for retirement visa

Thats hardly a business,its just one condo.many thousands of foreigners own condos in thailand.

I doubt if it gives us any extra rights.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:09 AM, lpw997 said:

OK so we should both pass negative for covid Gatwick will allow us to leave the UK and board the flight to Thailand right now.

Having a thai company that owns your condo. Gives you zero extra rights.

Why should it ???

On 3/6/2021 at 11:14 PM, lpw997 said:

I own a business in Thailand a condominium rental business on airbnb my life savings are in phuket and so is my home however I am unable to get their due to lockdown restrictions here in the UK.

Myself and my partner wish to migrate their permanatly ASAP however we have no idea of our rights as I understand being owner of condo / residency gives me certain rights.

Could someone please enlighten me on anything on should know or could help us to get their right away. STV visa does not seem ideal would this be the only way and if so how can my partner (unmarried) come with me too.

Thanks

It is a litle more complicated than your replies..

In not necessarily the correct order , but you need to obtain at least a Tourist visa(unless you want a visa exemption at airport - 45 days). STV is of course a better option in my opinion, work permit is also possible but probably more difficult to get out of Thailand. You need to apply to the thai embassy in England to do that. To get this visa you need to show where you are staying in thailand either with a hotel or a private address with a lease - rental paper or with an invitation from the owner of the house/building. You need a valid return ticket to bangkok. Not any other place in thailand. You need to start the COE process or certificate of entry. Its easy, but this also requires and ASQ hotel booked for the 15 nights you are in quarantine. At the same time you can use your english travel insurance, but this will most certainly not cover covid in these times so you need to buy that for around 5-10k baht online in Thailand. When you get the reciept for that attach it to embassy and also the COE which you get online. Its a requirement for entry. You might need to show company papers as well if you use that as a method of legality to enter the country. 

lastly you need and Covid test that is proved negative from company that took the test and a doctor at least not more than 72 hours old when you leave England. At airport you also have to show your COE and your visa and all that.

Good luck.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:14 AM, lpw997 said:

Thanks

Archived