Governor orders Phuket Town nightclub closed for five years

rooster59

Governor orders Phuket Town nightclub closed for five years

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1615010667_1-org.jpg

The Maldives nightclub in Phuket Town was ordered closed for five years. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Two nightclubs in Phuket Town central to noise complaints filed by the Provincial Police Chief from another province have been closed by order of the Phuket Governor. One of the venues has been ordered closed for five years.

The two nightlife venues, Maldives and H2O on Lim Sui Ju Rd on the south side of Phuket Town, were ordered to close immediately following the orders issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew yesterday (Mar 5).

The orders noted that the operators of both venues had separately violated a raft of laws, but none of the violations were for noise.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-orders-phuket-town-nightclub-closed-for-five-years-79254.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-07

• Like 1

"B250 for selling alcohol without permission"

Wow that'll stop people doing that then wont it!  ..555555

Never fails to amaze me the chronic lack of real consequences here, why bother with such a stupid fine. That wont deter or stop anyone, its laughable.

• Haha 2

When do they start in Pattaya? Just kidding. 

I think they simply take a new licence holder and start again. But many don't care about licences anyway because operating without one seems to be no problem. And it is not only the bar licence but also the alcohol licence and music licence and whatever else. They mostly get only discovered if they do very illegal things that get reported by others (often social media). And sometimes not even then.

In respect of noise - bars and others can make as much noise as they want and as it is technically possible. And people who have a problem with this should move. I think this is the (unwritten) law in Thailand. 

6 hours ago, The Cobra said:

"B250 for selling alcohol without permission"

Wow that'll stop people doing that then wont it!  ..555555

Never fails to amaze me the chronic lack of real consequences here, why bother with such a stupid fine. That wont deter or stop anyone, its laughable.

You think 5 year closure is not a real consequence?

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Clearly looks like the 2 clubs stopped handing over the envelopes to plod.

Closed because of noise complaints from senior plod from another province, BS, money not being passed up the chain of command is clearly the reason for closure.

I very much doubt it, looks much more like they were allowed to remain open thanks to those envelopes for a long time, but now with complaints from high up the police had no choice but to forfeit on those envelopes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bloodyholly said:

I wonder how that ‘hotel’ on the hill at the southern end of Nanai Rd has managed to evade the wrath of the law all through the past year?

We know why; ABC................All Baht & Connections. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Clearly looks like the 2 clubs stopped handing over the envelopes to plod.

Closed because of noise complaints from senior plod from another province, BS, money not being passed up the chain of command is clearly the reason for closure.

Depends on the seniority of the policeman from the other province... he obviously has some clout.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

I very much doubt it, looks much more like they were allowed to remain open thanks to those envelopes for a long time, but now with complaints from high up the police had no choice but to forfeit on those envelopes.

I very much doubt it. Colinneil's post is more likely

19 minutes ago, WHansen said:

I very much doubt it. Colinneil's post is more likely

So you think it is just coincidence that a high up police officer complained about the club, and a week later it is forced to close.

12 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

If because of noise, this is very good news. But strange that Chao fa East street has not been closed down yet...

" The orders noted that the operators of both venues had separately violated a raft of laws, but none of the violations were for noise.

I'm totaling confused now, so the noise was so loud that others in another province could hear it and complained to get it shut...!!!!??? (and still people nearby couldn't hear it and there was no noise compliant from them...!!!  ????????????)

On 3/7/2021 at 9:19 PM, Yahooka said:

" The orders noted that the operators of both venues had separately violated a raft of laws, but none of the violations were for noise.

But if you also noticed that, did you notice the conflicting info. PHUKET: Two nightclubs in Phuket Town central to noise complaints filed.

And this is why I started my comment with the word: 'If'.

4 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

But if you also noticed that, did you notice the conflicting info. PHUKET: Two nightclubs in Phuket Town central to noise complaints filed.

And this is why I started my comment with the word: 'If'.

Really obvious what happened here. They were violating the rules, but with money coming in noone cared. Then a complaint was made by some higher up, so they chose the easy way out and busted them for the earlier violations. Police probably didn't want to but had no choice.