Too many things can go wrong

Even if they reduce the quarantine time there is still the issue of what is acceptable for proof of having the vaccination, Certificate ?

My problem is myself and Thai partner should have the vaccine here in the U.K. but our 5 year old son can’t, how will the Thai authorities view that when we apply to return to Thailand ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Even if they reduce the quarantine time there is still the issue of what is acceptable for proof of having the vaccination, Certificate ?

My problem is myself and Thai partner should have the vaccine here in the U.K. but our 5 year old son can’t, how will the Thai authorities view that when we apply to return to Thailand ?

Proof of vaccination is a very valid point...  the UK issues very rudimentary vaccination cards with a handwritten date on them - not really something which seems internationally acceptable. 

I suspect that in lieu of other options at that time the 'International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis’ (yellow vaccine passport) could be used if one could persuade their GP or whoever is administering the vaccinations in the UK to place the 'vaccine sticker’ date, stamp and signature in that booklet / passport. 

Regarding vaccination of Children, or lack of - I imagine Thailand will follow the international consensus. 

I imagine there will be a lot of confusion over the next few months regarding vaccinations, how to prove them, whether kids need them etc.. 

There is a lot to be decided and a lot that can happen.

Ultimately, any change will be an improvement on the current situation - worst case is we still have to quarantine for 14 days, or most likely 10 days with a Covid-19 negative test cert, which isn’t a significant difference from the proposed 7 days quarantine with proof of vaccination and Covid-19 negative test cert

On 3/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The issue with the refund policies is not just related to the issuance of a CoE but also impacted by a Covid-19 test result. 

Many hotels have a 1 week cancellation policy - that may work for the CoE but is useless if we were to test positive for Covid-19 and unable to travel.

Thus, the only options I have been looking at are those which offer 100% refund 1 day before travel for trip cancellation for any reason. 

Currently only bookings through Agoda offer this, but, Agoda does not include the full ASQ list (only about 30 or so hotels).

I have contacted a couple of hotels not on the Agoda ASQ listings, they have no been prepared to improve their cancellation policies - Agoda it is then.

It would be good to see a list of hotels which require a 1 night deposit - it is acceptable to lose that in the even of a positive Covid-19 test and trip cancellation. 

Try contacting ASQ Aloft Hotel on Sukhumvit 11 directly or maybe yes Agoda is your best bet.... 

On 3/9/2021 at 7:58 PM, farang51 said:

Which insurance are you talking about? You need the covid insurance to get the COE. If you are talking about an insurance needed for a visa, you need to have that before geting the visa. In both cases you have to get them before travelling.

Covid insurance and insurance needed for a visa are 2 different things? I have to buy both from Thai insurance companies before i leave?

Please explain the differences between the 2 insurances. Any company recommendations?

Thanks

On 3/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, scorecard said:

There's a few proposals around from commercial interests who are revenue driven, they are not government decisions or policies.

Also proposals from government ministers:

Together the proposals seem to be:

- No quarantine if passenger can prove they have completed vaccinations shots.

- No quarantine if passenger can prove they have completed vaccination shots and has medical report showing negative to covid 19 swab test no more than 72 hrs old on arrival.

- No quarantine if passenger can prove they have completed vaccination shots and tests negative on arrival. 

However one media report (re a ministers suggestion) says if passenger has had vaccination it cannot be more than 3 months old when passenger arrives. Personally I suspect this has been wrongly translated from the original which would of course be in Thai language.

- Regardless of vaccination, reduction of quarantine to: 0 days, also reduction to 5, 7 or 10 days.

- Most of the above proposals/suggestions to be discussed at a cabinet meeting next Monday 15 March 2021. 

we wait and see.

Holy crapoly! Thanks.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Covid insurance and insurance needed for a visa are 2 different things? I have to buy both from Thai insurance companies before i leave?

Please explain the differences between the 2 insurances. Any company recommendations?

You may find an insurance that covers both health insurance and covid. Yes, you have to buy before you are allowed to go to Thailand.

It is impossible to help you with more precise information when you do not tell us what kind of visa you want to use, if any. The requirements for the health insurance depend on the visa.

You need a covid insurance no matter what visa you plan to get. It can be from any insurance company as long as it covers covid related treatment for at least 100.000 USD  and they are wiling to give you a certificate stating the coverage. Be aware that some policies will not cover if you do not have symptoms. In addition, some policies may have deductibles or a waiting period. This one from TIP Insure will cover with no exceptions: https://covid19.tgia.org/

On 3/11/2021 at 9:43 PM, farang51 said:

You may find an insurance that covers both health insurance and covid. Yes, you have to buy before you are allowed to go to Thailand.

It is impossible to help you with more precise information when you do not tell us what kind of visa you want to use, if any. The requirements for the health insurance depend on the visa.

You need a covid insurance no matter what visa you plan to get. It can be from any insurance company as long as it covers covid related treatment for at least 100.000 USD  and they are wiling to give you a certificate stating the coverage. Be aware that some policies will not cover if you do not have symptoms. In addition, some policies may have deductibles or a waiting period. This one from TIP Insure will cover with no exceptions: https://covid19.tgia.org/

Sorry, i didn't know the insurance was visa-specific. I would get a regular 60 day tourist visa and get a 30-day extension. I'm an American senior who has gotten Pfizer and never had Covid and never any symptoms..

Thanks for your help.. 

29 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I would get a regular 60 day tourist visa and get a 30-day extension.

You will only need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance. The insurance will only need to be valid for 60 days.

26 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Sorry, i didn't know the insurance was visa-specific.

I'm  sorry too; I was a bit harsh in my reply believing that I had earlier asked you which visa you planned to use, which I hadn't.

The government has a meeting Monday to discuss changes in quarantine etc. If you are lucky they may change the reqirement for a covid insurance when you had the vaccine already. If not, the insurance from TIP Insure is perhaps not the cheapest; however, it is very easy to get online, and the price does not depend on age.

9 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I'm  sorry too; I was a bit harsh in my reply believing that I had earlier asked you which visa you planned to use, which I hadn't.

The government has a meeting Monday to discuss changes in quarantine etc. If you are lucky they may change the reqirement for a covid insurance when you had the vaccine already. If not, the insurance from TIP Insure is perhaps not the cheapest; however, it is very easy to get online, and the price does not depend on age.

Good info.

There is a "good" notice on Thai embassy about what to do.

What is unclear was this part:

You first have to get an special "COVID certified" insurance and a Visa online (Tourist is no go actually)with all the other paper required to apply the specific visa; then try to apply for a COE online: after to start the COE form, you will have a number to record, and will have two weeks to upload a ASQ hotel booking and a flight reservation. Then in hours after to upload these required documents, you should get the COE easy.

3 days before to go, you should pass the PCR COVID test (in English only), and go to doctor with your "fit to fly" or "fit to travel" template (you can find online linked from Thai embassy).

You should upload and print the TM.8 template form

You should install a track application on your phone (the one they tell you to install on the embassy) the day of departure.

That is "enough" for Thailand.

Check in your own country what is required to go out also...

Archived