Advice for 90-day report by mail

Because I've only done it online for a couple of years, and because I have no intention of going to an overcrowded enclosed space with poor ventilation for a couple of hours, the fact that the online 90-day report site is down has thrown me for a loop and I need some advice on the mail-in route.

I'm in Bangkok.  What address do I send the TM-47 form to?  Best to send registered mail or EMS?  Does the return envelope need an actual postage stamp on it?  If so, how much postage?  Sorry if any of these is a dumb question.  Help appreciated.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to
90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

The only time I was at MTT it was not enclosed.  You enter at ground level parking area and wait on second floor parking area.  Yes return needs postage and requirement is 10 baht (good luck finding such a stamp).  You need to have a receipt for sending so registered or EMS works.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

I always assumed that to do by post,  you had to enclose your passport along with the TM47.  Somebody recently told me a copy of the face page of the pp and the latest arrival card was sufficient.  Is this true?

Edited by dddave

4 minutes ago, dddave said:

I always assumed that to do by post,  you had to enclose your passport along with the TM47.  Somebody recently told me a copy of the face page of the pp and the latest arrival card was sufficient.  Is this true?

Almost - also have to have copy of visa and last permission to stay as well as last receipt for reporting.  They used to return copies (reason for 10 baht stamp) but did not the last two times I used mail (last year).  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dddave said:

Is this true?

This is the list that is on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JTXR said:

In case I decide to go to MTT instead, in person, you only need passport and TM-47 and TM-6, not all the copies of passport pages, etc.?

Only your passport and a completed TM47 form is needed. And the receipt for your previous report.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I mailed in my 90-day but haven't received the reply with the EMS envelope I enclosed. Next week is my 7-day grace period for in-person reporting at MTT. I have the EMS tracking that shows they received it March 9.

Do I need to go do it at MTT next week (very far and fear infection), or is it sufficient that I have the EMS tracking proof of reporting?

3 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Do I need to go do it at MTT next week (very far and fear infection), or is it sufficient that I have the EMS tracking proof of reporting?

Don't go to MTT. You have your tracking proof. Have read in few posts that the mail option is taking longer than usual. Understandable as online is down. 

26 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

I have the EMS tracking that shows they received it March 9.

What was your report date?

I'm guessing 22-ish March?

If so, I would give it until at least 7 days after the report date, before considering any options. 

You included a return envelope addressed to you? You applied some sort of return postage? I recommend using 37 baht EMS for the return envelope.

Have you applied by post before? You are able to receive mail reliably at your address?

I wonder how the decision not to return the copies was made (in Bangkok anyway), how many people are involved in opening and processing them and what their workspace looks like.  And if anyone ever went, hey why don't we just let people email PDF's of the docs and forms to us........

On 3/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, mtls2005 said:

f so, I would give it until at least 7 days after the report date, before considering any options. 

You included a return envelope addressed to you? You applied some sort of return postage? I recommend using 37 baht EMS for the return envelope.

Have you applied by post before? You are able to receive mail reliably at your address?

I included EMS return envelope, yes. Yes, reliable mail delivery at that address.

What I worry is that if I do not do the report in-person during the grace period this week, someone at IO may argue I did not file report.

Or is having the EMS tracking proof sufficient? I know I am supposed to clip the notification receipt into my passport, but I don't recall anyone checking it either at CW (when doing extensions) or airport.

8 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Or is having the EMS tracking proof sufficient?

Yes it enough proof to prove you mailed the report.

When I was doing them by mail I made a copy of previous report receipt in case the original got lost in mail or such.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes it enough proof to prove you mailed the report.

When I was doing them by mail I made a copy of previous report receipt in case the original got lost in mail or such.

Well I mailed it March 8 with EMS return envelope and it is now May 1 and I still haven't received it back. Wondering what I should do now. I have postal proof I mailed it and that they received it. Do I need to show the actual notification approval document when I do my OA extension in June or when I exit the country in August, or for any other immigration process? Thank you.

6 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Well I mailed it March 8 with EMS return envelope and it is now May 1 and I still haven't received it back. Wondering what I should do now. I have postal proof I mailed it and that they received it. Do I need to show the actual notification approval document when I do my OA extension in June or when I exit the country in August, or for any other immigration process? Thank you.

The rules state you should contact them about not receiving the receipt in the mail 30 days after your report date.

Best to go to your local office as soon as possible,

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules state you should contact them about not receiving the receipt in the mail 30 days after your report date.

Best to go to your local office as soon as possible,

Do you have any idea if there is number I can call for this? I am in Bangkok and prefer not to got to MTT (MTT for 90-day, correct?) due to travel sickness and worry of infection.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, peterdwje2 said:

Do you have any idea if there is number I can call for this? I am in Bangkok and prefer not to got to MTT (MTT for 90-day, correct?) due to travel sickness and worry of infection.

Thank you.

There is a general email address for Chaengwattana: [email protected]  I used it once and actually received a reply within a day. There is also a contact page with some phone numbers. But the last time I tried those, I only got recordings. 

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/map-contactus_en/

Thank you for replies. I emailed and will call this week.

Does anyone know answer to this:

I have postal proof I mailed it and that they received it. Do I need to show the actual notification approval document when I do my OA extension in June or when I exit the country in August, or for any other immigration process? Thank you.