Mexican Sunflower

Does anyone have any experience growing Mexican Sunflowers?  I wanted to grow this for the flowers but as it grows very quickly it also makes excellent compost. I started some from seed but at 6cm they all died, I suspect I may have overwatered them but not sure. Any informed info appreciated.

Cheers

37 minutes ago, deadbeat said:

Any informed info appreciated.

Google:

This annual grows best in a full sun location and easily tolerates heat and drought conditions. Plant seeds of Mexican sunflower plants in the ground in spring, when danger of frost has passed. Sow directly into moist soil, pressing the seeds in and wait for germination, which normally occurs in 4 to 10 days.Jul 10, 2563 BE

Might have something to do with the morning frost we have been having of late, depending where you are located ?

No chance of a frost where I am, outside CNX, my soil is poor so will need enrichment.

Nice pic of regular sunflower, I have some starters too but they also dont look good right now. Water very important but maybe I'm giving too much. Letting them stand in water and a sprintz on top at the moment, try the next batch direct sowing and see what happens. Actually saw a Mex Sunflower at the market last week, didn't look too clever, all on its lonesome. Nevermind.