Have you managed to teach to Thai to put things back after using, or be organized / clean ? At work or at home ?

I use the stink test. If my clothes reek - it's time to do laundry. If the bathroom stench begins to attract insects - its mop time. One day a new form of bachelor pad mold could produce myriad cures; consequently, being too clean is bad for the human race.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ThailandFoodExpert said:

It's incredible how Thai never put things back where they found them after using and how unorganized they are.

I have succeeded 95% of the time with the kids, i.e. that they clean up after themselves and put things back, this is at home, it's called YELLING 95% of the time, then deliberately not putting things back when I use them to show them why I keep YELLING 95% of my time, wife just sits back, shakes her head and smiles while I blink at her.

Don't knock it, it works for me and it's yes pappa, ok pappa, 3 bags full pappa ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

Many seem to be hoarders like my Mrs, can't throw anything away. Bags and boxes are her favorites but the stacks of junk include old cardboard/plastic coffee cups, jam jars, anything we got free even though useless and piles of old magazines. I chuck stuff out bit by bit, she's never noticed as yet. Family are much the same, rubbish everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Many seem to be hoarders like my Mrs, can't throw anything away. Bags and boxes are her favorites but the stacks of junk include old cardboard/plastic coffee cups, jam jars, anything we got free even though useless and piles of old magazines. I chuck stuff out bit by bit, she's never noticed as yet. Family are much the same, rubbish everywhere.

I can certainly relate to that !

My wife wont waste anything, but its neatly sorted and stored, whereas I would just dump it.(mostly).

It was a daily ritual of having to walk around the house putting things back where they belonged such as dishes, cooking utensils, pots and pans.  Don't get me started on the gardening tools, I had peg board installed in the storage area/building, each rake, hoe, and tool had its home which had also been outlined on the peg board so the family knew where it went, but I could always find the tools outside sitting on the ground where they had stopped for the day, The father in-law thought the garage area was a perfect storage area for the sacks of fertilizer, and seeds he sold to families and the truck and car could be parked outside.  Glad I am no longer involved with my now ex-thai family as they did drive me crazy, but at least I had a good two to three hours of work in returning the house and its contents bak to a happy state, although that lasted maybe only minutes, but then they always knew where they could find them....lol

• Like 1

There is only 2 of us and we are both clean and tidy, dirty clothes are in the laundry basket all pots and pans are washed and put away, Kitchen all clean and tidy I wipe the worktops down every day.

I have noticed in other houses the kitchen is stacked up with pots and pans and the bathrooms are a disgrace, now that does get on my nerves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ThailandFoodExpert said:

Hello,

It's incredible how Thai never put things back where they found them after using and how unorganized they are.

The problem is when we have to share some space with them at home or at work, it's really boring to have to check everyone after anything they do.

Have you found a solution ? Or maybe I am wrong and it's only me ? Thai are the most organized and neat people in the world but I am just an idiot with bad luck ?

please confirm ? thank you.

Only solution I have found is to live alone here in Thailand .

• Haha 2

My GF keeps a pretty clean house, the sweeper, mop and washing machine are always busy.

She does rearrange things so they are not where I usually put them, so it's "Teerak, where is my shaving brush?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got some friends here and they are the most untidy people you would ever meet, they use every pot and pan in the house before they wash up and they have a dish washer, 

She's one lazy cow never iron's the clothes, in the bathroom dirty towels just left on the floor, Pig sty 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF keeps a pretty clean house, the sweeper, mop and washing machine are always busy.

She does rearrange things so they are not where I usually put them, so it's "Teerak, where is my shaving brush?"

We do all that together, or I do it while she lies in bed till 12, the more traditional partner here:

just had the landlord do some repairs to his house I am renting. the guy is very nice but zero maintenance to his own house.  

plumber left all the cut parts of PVC pipes. Used a grinder and left powder everywhere. I had to clean it up. used old floor titles to make a horrible tacky cover to a drain pipe so I just bought a PVC cap for 75 baht.  

Roof guys left their lunch plastic bags in the yard and dripped roof sealant everywhere. 

electrician had to use my very long and heavy ladder and did not think to put it back. just left it in the living room. bits and pieces of striped wire left here and there.   

guys with a truck to pick up the cut plants from the yard only take away 80%. one of the guys checking my house out looking at the windows to see how he can break in. great. 

some idiots a few years ago installed a used A/C in the house. Broke the tiles on the kitchen wall and replaced the A/C motor with the wrong size.     

the list is endless in the past seven years. I really don't know how you guys that have had houses built got through it. 

the flip side to that is the A/C repair man who is very professional and works as a team with his wife and the man who built my motorcycle ramp perfectly. the woman who does my laundry is very meticulous but she is married so.  

my two real girlfriends were very clean and organized. But they are married to Americans now.   

still have to follow my maid around  the house with a riding crop. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 1

My wife likes nice & tidy....Our oldest daughter is the same = no mess - no clutter, a place for everything.....

Daughter #2 would muck all that up in a heartbeat & it's a constant battle with her....

One thing I have noticed is there's no such thing as an unused shelf space....

It took years before my wife caught on to using display/ornamental shelf space.....

Somewhere, we've met someplace in the middle as I was pretty rigid about everything in it's place.....

She keeps everything organized including her gardens....