Final stamp for marriage visa (delay)

I applied for a marriage visa on February 16 and immigration came to my house in Chiang Khan, Loei on February 17. There is a stamp in my passport which states the my marriage visa is under consideration until March 18. However I must drive from Chiang Khan to Phuket with my daughter tomorrow and I would like to stay in Phuket until March 25 which would make me one week late to appear at immigration in Chiang Khan. I have considered going to CK immigration this morning and request a one week extension on my need to appear at the immigration office on March 18. Would making this request of immigration be risky for me since my marriage visa is still under consideration? 

Is it possible that I could send my passport to my Thai wife and could she bring the passport to CK immigration office to get the final one year stamp or do I have appear to sign a document?

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Your Wife could go and get your extension stamp. It is not a visa.

Nothing to stop you turning up at Immigration and ask if the paperwork has been received already or ask if you can return a week late.

Sorry I should have written marriage visa extension. If there is no risk, I will go see immigration this morning.

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

Your Wife could go and get your extension stamp. It is not a visa.

Nothing to stop you turning up at Immigration and ask if the paperwork has been received already or ask if you can return a week late.

I went to immigration a week early coz i had plans, they said come back on the date stated.

They also said no problem to return a few days after that date, which is what i did.

Last year I went to collect my extension at the end of the consideration period and it had still not returned from Korat. IO were very relaxed about it and sent me off with no additional stamp in my passport. About a week later they called me to say the paperwork had arrived. I was a little worried about not having coverage for that week but they were very relaxed about it. 

I have always found Buriram Immigration to be helpful and happy to assist. If I were you I would contact your IO and ask for their guidance. Your request will have no bearing on the marriage extension and they will give you a solution / answer to your question.

Archived