Thai Families Can Grow Six Pots of Cannabis Each as Rules Eased

No loop holes here. Just need to go round the towns or villages and ask all the families to grow 6 plants each for you.

If we assume 5 people in a family and 70 million in Thailand. He just created a potential $250 billion industry.

Great government plan. Tourism is f**ked , let's get into drug dealing.

Edited by Muzzique

5 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Marijuana is hardly a medicine. Even if it is, why would you want random locals supplying it to hospitals? They are sending out a mixed message, it's legal, it's not legal, it's medicine, it's not.

The fact is marijuana is an addictive drug that people use to get high. Smoking weed every day is not a solution to life. If you've got cancer or aids and want to smoke weed, then who are we to deny you that.

it has been shown to help people in many situations with medical issues

2 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

No loop holes here. Just need to go round the towns or villages and ask all the families to grow 6 plants each for you.

If we assume 5 people in a family and 70 million in Thailand. He just created a potential $250 billion industry.

It almost sounds like you're determined to find a loophole to get into  a Thai jail cell.

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

alcohol is a truly addictive substance that leads to the debilitating condition known as alcoholism and potential death from alcohol poisoning, liver failure, heart failure, respiratory arrest

to bring into perspective:

20190629_woc294.png

Good point and I concur. I am not meaning to go all Reefer Madness in my posts.  Just from my personal experience of friends and others over the years - I have seen most take it and it has no ill effects except bloodshot eyes but others became a bit lost, disconnected and one guy had strong paranoia. You could argue that those people had issues from the start, and I hung out with two many unemployed and bohemian types,  but that could be the point. Overall marijuana is a much safer drug with little addiction but for a small percentage of the population beer is fine in moderation, whereas marijuana is a really strong drug, that can play with their minds and have a negative effect on their lives.

I'd hate to see Thai youth thinking it is the same as having the odd beer. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Good point and I concur. I am not meaning to go all Reefer Madness in my posts.  Just from my personal experience of friends and others over the years - I have seen most take it and it has no ill effects except bloodshot eyes but others became a bit lost, disconnected and one guy had strong paranoia. You could argue that those people had issues from the start, and I hung out with two many unemployed and bohemian types,  but that could be the point. Overall marijuana is a much safer drug with little addiction but for a small percentage of the population, beer is fine in moderation, whereas marijuana is a really strong drug that can play with their minds and have a negative effect on their lives.

I'd hate to see Thai youth thinking it is the same as having the odd beer. 

I better stop, eating mushrooms.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

If you think this is something new in Thailand, think again, they've been knocking out tons for years! Read this!

41PXiJO7PTL._SX276_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J Town said:

I sprinkled that on my pot plants and they started growing better.

List ONE link that supports such rubbish.

ALL drugs are addictive, that's one of the definitions of a drug, even caffeine and obviously nicotine which are "legal" drugs.

Of course some are more addictive than others, the opiate family are much more addictive than most other drugs.

The addiction however affects people differently.

""All drugs affect the brain’s reward center causing a flood of dopamine into the body’s system. So, yes, all drugs are addictive in this way as they all affect the brain in the same manner.

When someone keeps using drugs to creating the same high they felt the first time, the brain starts to respond by adapting to excess dopamine. This causes less natural dopamine to be produced, which, in turn, reduces its receptors."

16 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

ALL drugs are addictive, that's one of the definitions of a drug, even caffeine and obviously nicotine which are "legal" drugs.

Of course some are more addictive than others, the opiate family are much more addictive than most other drugs.

The addiction however affects people differently.

""All drugs affect the brain’s reward center causing a flood of dopamine into the body’s system. So, yes, all drugs are addictive in this way as they all affect the brain in the same manner.

When someone keeps using drugs to creating the same high they felt the first time, the brain starts to respond by adapting to excess dopamine. This causes less natural dopamine to be produced, which, in turn, reduces its receptors."

is "looking" at women a drug too?

I find it kind of addictive too.

Asking for a friend.

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

marijuana is no more addictive than ice cream - nice to eat and can turn into a habit but neither give withdrawal symptoms on cessation

Ever note how many fattys there are in the world?

Wonder how many of them are stoned as well.

So who is checking what the families do with the 'illegal' part of this cash crop? Not selling the flowers is akin to growing apple trees but not selling the apples. You are not selling the part of your crop that gets the highest price. 

5 years down the line weed will be a widely available recreational drug in Thailand albeit officially illegal in the same way that prostitution and vaping are illegal.

Marijuana is called weed, causes once it gets going it literally grows anywhere, water, soil, sun and its off. 

• Like 1

This has been legal since 2018 or 19 we have about 10 cannabis plants in our house. We have for a while now we were told that 10 plants was ok. I get my weed though from a different source mine isn’t growing much yet lol. My wife is Thai I’m American lol, I don’t know why they think it only applies to Thais ???? we asked the government hospital and local Amphoe. 

Edited by JimboB4
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

I can envision that this silly idea is a giant slippery slops for more problems policing and enforcing and regulating of this permit, this is a wacky idea that only in Thailand is is possible, as there are other less problematic idea to 'supplement incomes'.... 

Not only Thailand in the Netherlands you can have 5 plants too for own use. So its not just Thailand.

• Like 1

For some reason this site always thinks the laws only applies to the locals. Not true I can say from about a decade of experience in living here and traveling here. They’ve been really slow on this site getting with the current events regarding cannabis. It’s been legal here for a few years now lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Marijuana is hardly a medicine. Even if it is, why would you want random locals supplying it to hospitals? They are sending out a mixed message, it's legal, it's not legal, it's medicine, it's not.

The fact is marijuana is an addictive drug that people use to get high. Smoking weed every day is not a solution to life. If you've got cancer or aids and want to smoke weed, then who are we to deny you that.

Keep the peasants stoned and they won't care or have the energy to protest in the streets ????

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Do the plants smell anything like the ganja you smell being smoked in the street?

Sorry no experience, i once tried to grow a seed but it went too fast and the stalk could not hold its weight. So never really grew anything viable. So i don't know about the smell. But I do know about the smell of dry weed. It smells a lot, so im not so sure I would want to grow it in my home. (if it was legal and all for a foreigner to do).

Still with consumption not being legal and weed staying longer in your system then most other drugs (i mean longer detectable) its probably not a smart thing to do. Unless you can get a Dr card that you need it for medical reasons.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

It’s been legal here for a few years now lol. 

Can you share anything which might support your claim? LOL.

Cannabis production (growing), distribution, use remains illegal on both the Narcotics Act and and the Psycotropic Substances Act. Penalties are HARSH.

As of 2018 there was a move towards medical applications, and yes, individuals (Thais only) could get a waiver for medical use of government supplied cannabis "medicine".