Thai Families Can Grow Six Pots of Cannabis Each as Rules Eased

On 3/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, Berkshire said:

From the article....

[While Thailand became the first country in Southeast Asia to legalize medical marijuana in 2018, its use for recreational purpose is still banned. Any flowers and seeds yielded from the crop grown at homes must be sent to state medical facilities as they remain in the country’s criminal code due to their high levels of psychoactive compounds, the minister said.]

This would make it rather impractical I would think.  I myself would be interested in growing cannabis.  Not necessarily to make money, but rather for personal use...like a hobby.  But the above takes the fun out of it!

Theres an article on page 5 thats got the skinny on how to get your own equipment locally thru Lazada.

18 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

A friend tells me that everything you need to grow indoors (tent) is easily available online thru Lazada/Shopee.

And direct from China.

I think there exists a long-time loophole regarding seeds (of any type). That will be closed I imagine, only allowing licensed importers going forward.

Obviously not illegal to grow most crops indoors. Cannabis would be illegal.

Occasionally see a photo of a high-rise condo with a blurple light in the window.

Who can forget this case 

download (1).jpg

• Like 1

It appears Mexico is on the verge of legalizing pot.  If only the US would do the same, all of North America would have legal weed!

[Mexico’s lower house of Congress on Wednesday passed a bill that would legalize recreational marijuana — paving the way for a regulated market in a country long-dominated by drug cartels.

The bill, which was approved by a vote of 316 to 127, now heads to the Senate where it is all but certain to pass.]

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/mexico-close-to-legalizing-recreational-marijuana/

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 10:04 AM, mtls2005 said:

According to the GPO, cannabis with CBD concentration levels of 12% or beyond, which is segmented as ‘A’ grade, will be sold to the GPO at 45,000 baht per kilogram. Meanwhile, ‘B’ grade cannabis with lower CBD concentration levels of 10-11.9% will be priced at 37,500 - 43,125 baht per kilogram, while that with CBD levels of 8-9.9% will be priced at 30,000-35,625 baht per kilogram.

ill go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of cbd that will be grown here will be under 8 %.

these farmers with huge baht in their eyes are in for a rude awakening. 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:07 PM, Berkshire said:

It appears Mexico is on the verge of legalizing pot.  If only the US would do the same, all of North America would have legal weed!

[Mexico’s lower house of Congress on Wednesday passed a bill that would legalize recreational marijuana — paving the way for a regulated market in a country long-dominated by drug cartels.

The bill, which was approved by a vote of 316 to 127, now heads to the Senate where it is all but certain to pass.]

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/mexico-close-to-legalizing-recreational-marijuana/

Federal law voted in US, now only waiting for senate.

It's going to happen soon.

The USA still dominate the word <3

On 3/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, JimboB4 said:

I don’t have plants yet lol but I do have great cannabis legally and everyone is actually growing it now. It is super easy to get now no one should have any problems regardless of your nationality ????

yes, and if you want you can also order on FB, Thai do not give a F to the ridiculous laws. just as they do on the roads ❤️

28 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

Federal law voted in US, now only waiting for senate.

Steady on.

H.R. 3884 does some things: decriminalize, add a 5% tax.

https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hr3884/BILLS-116hr3884rh.pdf

Obviously states still have the option to decriminalize, and legalize (medical, recreational). Individual towns and cities can prohibit sales (or refues to issue licenses), if they so choose. I think there may still be a dry town or two in my state.

Cannabis banking remains a challenge. In my state, in addition to 10% sales tax, there is an extra fee (over and above any CC fee) to pay by credit card - no clue how that gets processed - so better to pay in cash.

There's supposed to be a separate amendment re: banking in states where cannabis is legal.

For Thailand I did find this translation of the current Thai "rules"...there are a lot of powerpoints around, seen them in news conferences, but haven't found the originals yet.

Guide to obtaining permission to grow 'Marijuana' for farmers
 2 Mar 2021
 11,367 VIEW
NEWS
, Marijuana , growing marijuana
Qualifications for farmers to obtain permission to grow marijuana
Farmers can apply for permission to grow marijuana by joining together, registering as a community enterprise / social enterprise / agricultural cooperative, and applying for permission with government agencies.

The process of applying for community enterprise registration
Q: Farmers gathered together to apply for registration as a community enterprise. To grow marijuana or not?

A: No, because marijuana is still classified as a classified 5 addictive drug.

If so, what to do?
Farmers gathered to register as a community enterprise In businesses other than for the purpose of growing marijuana in particular
Registered as a community enterprise, perform the business as requested at the local district agricultural office to obtain a community enterprise registration certificate
Community enterprises registered with government agencies (Responsible for studying, researching or organizing medical teaching, pharmacy Science or Agriculture, or having a duty to provide medical, pharmaceutical or scientific services. Or have a duty to provide agricultural services For medical or pharmaceutical benefits Or has a duty to prevent and suppress And fix drug problem)
Submit for a license to produce (plant) a narcotics of category 5, only marijuana.
When authorized Bring a license to produce (plant) in which narcotics of category 5, only for marijuana, apply for a business increase.
Community enterprises at the District Agricultural Office At registered community enterprises
Requesting permission to grow marijuana
The process of obtaining permission to grow marijuana
Submit the application together with evidenced documents At the Food and Drug Administration Or the provincial health office Where the planting site is located
Inspect site for permission to grow marijuana
Attend a meeting of the Provincial Committee assigned by the Provincial Governor for the Provincial Governor to consider and give opinions. (In case of planting area located in different provinces)
Attends a meeting of the subcommittee to consider and screen.
Attend a meeting of the Narcotics Control Committee for consideration and approval.
Issue a license
Documents for applying for permission
Community enterprise documents
Community enterprise registration book
A copy of the house registration of a community enterprise (In case the planting place is located at the community enterprise)
Other documents
Projects for growing marijuana for medical or research purposes
Security measures
The command defines a list of people who can enter and exit in a cannabis plantation area. Along with attaching a certificate of self that there is no history or behavior related to drugs
Operation Guidelines (SOP), Transport, Destruction
The results of the examination, the record of being prosecuted for drug-related offenses
Of the operator Verified by Personnel background verification center
Criminal Records Registration Division Royal Thai Police
Planting plan and their use
Requesting permission to grow marijuana The applicant must be clear about the number of plants to be planted. How much to produce And to whom will the said produce be sold? (Planting quantity Must comply with the production plan Distribution plan And utilization plan) by specifying a clear buyer (contract farming)

Preparation of the planting site
Preparation of the planting site Can be transplanted in both ways.
Outdoor cannabis cultivation
Growing Marijuana in Greenhouses (Semi-Outdoor Cultivation)
Cannabis cultivation in a closed system (Indoor Cultivation)
Each format has advantages and disadvantages, vary as follows.
Outdoor cannabis cultivation
The advantages include

The cannabis plant is able to receive full natural light.
Low operating costs
Suitable for Thai cannabis strains
The disadvantages include

Can't control pests, pests or plant diseases
Can't control light, temperature
It can only be planted and harvested once a year.
Get less product if planting is not in accordance with the season
Growing Marijuana in Greenhouses (Semi-Outdoor Cultivation)
The advantages include

The cannabis plant is able to receive full natural light.
The operating cost is lower than that of planting in a closed system.
Can have partial control over the environment and pests

The quality of the output can be controlled, but various techniques and
Mastery
Cannabis cultivation in a closed system (Indoor Cultivation)
The advantages include

The timing of exposure, water, nutrients is controlled.
Produced (inflorescence, leaves) with high quality quantity.
Able to control the environment and pests
Planting plan And can be harvested all year round
It can only be planted and harvested twice a year.

High operating costs
Growers must have expertise
The technique of planting such as Control of artificial lighting system, water system, air system
Requirements for planting locations are divided into 4 topics:
1. Premise requirements, such as planting locations, must have a clear address. The structure of the area must have a clear boundary, blocking all 4 sides of the planting area. Can prevent access of outsiders Limit the number of access doors, areas, and doors should be made of strong, durable materials. There is a sign showing that it is a place to produce narcotics of category 5 and has a document showing legal ownership or possession or a letter of consent from the lessor or land user. (In case of requesting to rent or use land of other persons)

2. Security requirements, such as within the planted area, including the entrance and exit area, there is a closed circuit camera system. By providing a backup of data files on other forms of equipment for at least 6 months. Security systems to access areas such as a key lock Card reader Fingerprint scanner And set a list of persons who have the right to enter and exit the area Including the names of persons responsible With contact channels in case of an emergency

3. Preservation requirements, such as providing a place where there is a security measure for the storage of seeds and produce after harvest. And the rest of the cannabis waiting to be destroyed It is separated and stored separately, not mixed with other materials, with a specific person responsible for the control of the storage location.

4. Use control requirements, for example, marijuana is grown in accordance with the cultivation standard with details of the SOP procedure for controlling planting and harvest, providing analysis with the resulting analytical method. Standards in all cannabis cultivation cycles There is a collection of accounts for receiving payments and reporting on the actions required by law. Including measures to control, transport and destroy marijuana.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, csmith said:

This size should do ????

image.jpeg.b88fa58d3dad4d54998a12a29e5067ad.jpeg

I would use 6 pots of this size and the 200 other plants won't be in pots.Of course I will have to carefully check the wording in the written law to determine legal loopholes.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 11:32 AM, AlfHuy said:

I better stop, eating mushrooms.

If you do stop eating mushrooms you can boil them up and put the liquid into a coffee or similar and drink it, works just as well and I don't need a friend to tell me that!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, Surelynot said:

Do the plants smell anything like the ganja you smell being smoked in the street?

They do have a rather strong aroma when they are heading with lots of resin the aroma does differ somewhat depending on the terpenes of different varieties and strains,this aroma is nothing like the smell when smoked.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, adexbe said:

really? I can now put my 6 plants on the balcony ?

until now they only know LED sun ????

I've used normal fluorescent lights quite successfully a friend tells me!Actually many friends told me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, jonclark said:

So who is checking what the families do with the 'illegal' part of this cash crop? Not selling the flowers is akin to growing apple trees but not selling the apples. You are not selling the part of your crop that gets the highest price.

Growing medical MJ is not the same as growing weed to get high. The Government are specifically growing weed strains with a high CBD content (12% and above) to use for oil products.

This means the THC content (the stuff that gets you high) is usually miniscule, and can be as low as 0.5-1.5%. Of course you could smoke it, but it wouldn't get you high. These strains are grown specifically to help people manage chronic pain, anxiety, eating disorders and cancer patients.

They are selling the flowers (buds)... to the Government.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

The Government are specifically growing weed strains with a high CBD content (12% and above) to use for oil products.

Actually, they're sourcing both THC dominant strains and CBD dominant strains. The GPO manufactures three tinctures: THC, CBD and 1:1. See photo below.

I've seen screen grabs of a physicians guide: diagnosis - treatment with cannabis types. CBD and THC are both refereneced.

I did find this Permission Guide to Grow Cannabis for Farmers. Office of Food and Drug Administration. The processes look fairly complicated.

It is in Thai.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12G6pQlBnizlZ7ZzAOIZKtiUa_LjmpfUW/view?fbclid=IwAR01D20XN-O79M2TNJ280pLTMTVpsOyiZJg4wNVhVVzTui_kr8XEoJ-F1H4

GPOCBD-960x540.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, mtls2005 said:

It's not. 

I mean other than from the Government Pharmaceutical Office

When it is (never), you'll know.

never say never, and never say forever! ????

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:57 AM, GeorgeCross said:

marijuana is no more addictive than ice cream - nice to eat and can turn into a habit but neither give withdrawal symptoms on cessation

The problem with me was it led to harder drugs. 

I could never take it without wanting a line of coke or bottle of whisky.

I've never felt that when having a cornetto! 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Right then. Looking for links to Marijuana seed suppliers, the real stuff with a high THC value. Also links to its cultivation, Also links to drying techniques.  Smoking it not problem that's already sorted.

Now 6 to a family.  What is the definition of a family for this case ? eg would 3 families living on the same land mean 18 plants can be grown ? Can they only be grown at premises registered with a blue book ? if not any little hut with someone in it part time could grow 6 plants.  I can see this venture going to pot quickly

• Haha 1