Thailand launches vaccine passport, inoculation drive for hotel staff

webfact

Thailand launches vaccine passport, inoculation drive for hotel staff

By Suchat Sritama

thailand.jpg

Hospitality workers in five tourist hotspots across Thailand included in first round of national vaccine drive

Thailand inches one step closer to reopening its international borders with the launch of a coronavirus vaccine passport on Thursday, and the continued rollout of the national vaccination drive, with plans to inoculate staff at 58 alternative local quarantine (ALQ) hotels within Q3.

Of the vaccination plan, the tourism sector will receive 50,000 doses of Sinovac vaccines, out of a total 200,000 doses that had been shipped to the country in February. The sector expects to receive a second batch of five million doses, out of 26 million doses scheduled to arrive by end-June.

These vaccines will be administered to 13,000 employees at 58 ALQ hotels in five major tourist cities – Phuket, Surat Thani, Chon Buri, Chiang Mai and Krabi (the first batch excludes Krabi).

Full story: https://www.ttgasia.com/2021/03/05/thailand-launches-vaccine-passport-inoculation-drive-for-hotel-staff/

ttgasia-logo.png

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Yea well, what about the vaccine passport that was "launch on Thursday" what do you do with it?  or is it just decorative? 

You wear it around your neck on a gold chain like bling.  Look at me, I am vaccinated 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You wear it around your neck on a gold chain like bling.  Look at me, I am vaccinated 

Sure but ensure it's a thick clunky gold chain for best effect (never mind the vaccine aspect).

PM: "Thailand not broke from COVID-19 measures"

PM: Thailand so broke from COVID-19 measures, we will now say and do anything to get tourists back-except spend money on vaccinating Thailand