Where to buy liver in pattaya

mosquitobill

Well, I just had a look at the online offerings of most of the major players (Big C, Foodland, Makro, Tops, Tesco and Villa).

I'm sure most of them do have fresh liver (probably not "calf" liver though) and I've seen it in the fresh meat section of most of those places at one time or another.

But they don't offer the "fresh" meats online. Only the packaged stuff. Stuff that has to be cut/weighed/priced isn't available for online ordering it seems.

If you are unable to go to any of those places, you'd probably have to get someone to go for you. 

I really hate the idea of having someone, especially a complete stranger, picking fresh meat, fruits and/or vegetables for me though. I like to eyeball the stuff first and try to select the freshest stuff, not the "on the verge of walking away on it's own" stuff that they want to get off their shelves before they have to throw it away.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, jacko45k said:

Pig liver is of course pretty easy. Don't forget many Thais do not eat beef.

Pigs liver is gross....No telling what pharmaceuticals they give pigs....Plus they get fed a boat load of Soy....

10 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Pigs liver is gross....No telling what pharmaceuticals they give pigs....Plus they get fed a boat load of Soy....

Personally prefer it to beef liver. If you don't like it that is your personal taste. My Mrs cooks it up really good with spring onion... but refuses to eat it herself. Let them eat the soy then I don't have to. 

I too prefer beef liver though I rarely buy it (fresh) here as buying a single slice is a pain and I don't want a whole liver taking up space in the freezer for a year. If I'm dining out and it's on the menu I might go for it.

Not sure why, but I also enjoy it with onions. Pretty much any kind, fried along with the liver. 

Hmmm, might have to make a trip to Makro now. Need to buy some decent pork ribs any ways so I can eyeball the liver while I'm there (if they have any at the time).