People Are Advised to Observe Side-effects after Vaccination

webfact

People Are Advised to Observe Side-effects after Vaccination

Subhabhong Rarueysong

de967d3ac7c8e049dc488a39469e0d1f_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - People inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine must observe themselves for 30 minutes after the vaccination as the side-effects could be mild or severe.

Department of Disease Control (DDC) Director-General Dr Opas Kankawinpong said the vaccine had been distributed to 13 provinces, and injected continually to people in risk group – elders, medical personnel and those with serious diseases.

He urged people to observe themselves after the vaccination. Normally, 15 minutes of observation is advised, but the Ministry of Public Health has urged people to observe for 30 minutes before leaving the hospital or continuing their work.

Dr Opas explained that mild side-effects include low fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, weakness and pain in the injected area. These effects normally lasted one to two days. Severe effects are high fever, difficulty in breathing, severe headache, twisted mouth, weak muscles, rash, vomiting more than five times and even becoming unconscious.

nnt.jpg

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Dr Opas explained that mild side-effects include low fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, weakness and pain in the injected area. These effects normally lasted one to two days. Severe effects are high fever, difficulty in breathing, severe headache, twisted mouth, weak muscles, rash, vomiting more than five times and even becoming unconscious.

Is there any alcohol in the vaccine?    LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

I did not even know there was such a side effect as ' Twisted Mouth "

Another first for LOS

9 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It's likely to be the Bell's Palsy that was observed during some of the trials.

During both AZ's and Pfizer's trials the condition was observed, although in no higher numbers than would be expected the general population. https://fullfact.org/online/bells-palsy-vaccine-trial/

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

If we are talking about the Sinovac vaccine, I'm not surprised.

it is about the only one in the bunch that can really claim to be a true Vaccine though.  I reckon the reactions to 'that' one may be much akin to what happens from a Fluvax (not life changing) 

5 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Another first for LOS

Maybe something like Bell's palsy or indeed Bell's palsy.

Edited by dinsdale

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

If we are talking about the Sinovac vaccine, I'm not surprised.

I definitely do not want the Chines vaccine. I dont want any of them but will have to as my job depends on me travelling around the world. When I do it will be the AZ vaccine or Phizer

Side effects, again. A day is not complete without grim faced public announcements. 

Still the point must be hammered home, repeatedly; Thailand is doing this vaccine rollout very slowly, because they care about, The People's health. Not for reasons that cannot be talked about. 

That is all.