Bangkok: Hospital security guard dies after being attacked by three motorcycle taxi riders

webfact

Bangkok: Hospital security guard dies after being attacked by three motorcycle taxi riders 

6pm.jpg

video screenshot

A security guard at a Bangkok hospital has paid with his life after he warned a motorcycle taxi rider to slow down.

Thiraphan, 57, was initially involved in a row with one "win" rider that turned violent.

But that was not enough. The taxi guy went and got two mates who then attacked the security man at the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute in Nonthaburi. 

A video on the Thai Rath site showed the violence as the security man was set upon on the ground.

He was taken to Phra Nang Klao in a grievous condition on Thursday and later died after suffering a brain haemhorrage.

Three men aged in their 30s are now in custody.

Source: Channel 3

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-08

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Sad 6

Hollywood and video games......punch, kick, knife, shoot.......and the consequences portrayed are  totally unrealistic.......I believe many people have no idea how devastating, mentally and physically, even a single punch can be.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Many years ago, I was given some good advice by an Old Asia Hand. He said "In the West, we fight to win. In the East, they fight to injure, or kill".

Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because they won't fight one on one that they are cowards. You are judging them by your own culture, not there's.

They are cowards otherwise he would not have got his mate(s).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

They are cowards otherwise he would not have got his mate(s).

This isn't just common in Thailand. It happens in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines.

What is more likely; that the male population of these countries are all cowards, or you are looking through the lens of your own culture?

Edited by KarenBravo

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

This isn't just common in Thailand. It happens in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines.

What is more likely; that the male population of these countries are all cowards, or you are looking through the lens of your own culture?

I guess there is some logic in this approach.....if the intention is to win a fight/meet out justice you want to make sure you are not on the wrong end of a beating......

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

I guess there is some logic in this approach.....if the intention is to win a fight/meet out justice you want to make sure you are not on the wrong end of a beating......

I put some of it down to the root of most things wrong in Asia; the saving of face.

And some of it down to the culture of consensus instead of individuality. When one bottles up verbal aggression, it will suddenly explode as physical aggression.

In the West, we are used to disagreement and socially have several mechanisms for conflict resolution.

You will never hear an Asian say "let's agree to disagree".

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I put some of it down to the root of most things wrong in Asia; the saving of face

Just read an article.....Thai man requested that an American guy not smoke in the non-smoking area......guy told him to F off in front of his girlfriend a small crowd of on lookers.

The American eventually fell asleep on a sun lounger.....Thai guy slit his throat and watched him bleed to death ......can't say I have much sympathy for the American.....

This video is good material for welcoming all western people to have a lovely family holiday in Thailand. Same like that video where a motorbike taxi driver near Walking was kicking a young first time turist to the face in Pattaya last week. He was irritated. As a family man and supporter f a child I am seriously thinking to move over to  a some other country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What the hell is wrong with morons like that? Sick barstewards, cannot go 1 on 1 has to be a gang of them, sick revolting cretins, lock them  up for life.

Like American cops.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What the hell is wrong with morons like that? Sick barstewards, cannot go 1 on 1 has to be a gang of them, sick revolting cretins, lock them  up for life.

Thais are like Wolves they hunt in packs.

Would never go one out in a fight .

Weak as Panthers Pee.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yep, 1 on one isn't part of their culture, always 2 or 3 or more to handle one, gutless wimps.

RIP

it's not about 1 or 3 on one. It's about violence that should not be tolerated.

And it seems to happen far too much in this otherwise wonderful country that has wonderful people, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Showing their manhood, maintaining face! Sick is right!

• Like 1