Incredible footage shows the moment speeding car narrowly misses motorcyclists in Thailand

webfact

Incredible footage shows the moment speeding car narrowly misses motorcyclists in Thailand

10pm.jpg
video screenshot

Extremely scary CCTV footage from a Thai crossroads in the middle of the night showed the moment a motorcycle with two men on it almost became the latest casualty on the Thai roads. 

Thai Rath reported that a car driver managed to brake and swerve and maintain control.

The footage showed the car spinning doing a 180 before coming safely to rest some way down the road. 

The motorcycle didn't even fall.

Some 170,000 people reacted to the footage that was shared 14,000 times. 

Thai Rath said it was noteworthy - apart from the frightening proximity to death - that none of the participants fled the scene, as is common in Thailand.

They noted that netizens were impressed that all concerned had a civil chat in which apologies were exchanged. 

Indeed, the footage that was shared featured the tagline: "I nearly died - I'm sorry".

Though it was not clear who was apologizing or if they all said their sorries and went home....still thankfully alive. 

Source: Thai Rath

• Sad 1

Always the same. Two on a motorbike without a helmet because there is nothing to protect. If I see motorbike drivers driving like crazy it is mostly the same picture - no helmet and no problem because there is no brain anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same same every day, usually 3 or 4 up, going the wrong way, without lights yada yada yada. Nothing new, nothing changes, never will as long as they fail to enforce the law and there are no real consequences.

How high is the monthly death road toll again ?....exactly !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Same same every day, usually 3 or 4 up, going the wrong way, without lights yada yada yada. Nothing new, nothing changes, never will as long as they fail to enforce the law and there are no real consequences.

How high is the monthly death road toll again ?....exactly !

Hard to say it keeps going up faster than I can count.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Same same every day, usually 3 or 4 up, going the wrong way, without lights yada yada yada.

I stopped driving after 6pm because I would almost kill so many with no lights on, then suddenly appearing out of nowhere, and I was even told by a farang the reason they don't ride with lights on at night is because they don't want spirits to follow them home.

He got me on that one ????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I stopped driving after 6pm because I would almost kill so many with no lights on, then suddenly appearing out of nowhere, and I was even told by a farang the reason they don't ride with lights on at night is because they don't want spirits to follow them home.

He got me on that one ????

The "spirits" follows the tail-light, the reason many change from red light to a white light, confuses the sprits as the white lights indicates going somewhere other than home ????????????

53 minutes ago, Artisi said:

The "spirits" follows the tail-light, the reason many change from red light to a white light, confuses the sprits as the white lights indicates going somewhere other than home ????????????

now I understand the youngster in my village that has red headlights, smart fellow !!

and I, silly me, practice certain words all the time when I see him overtaking the car in front and I switch on indicator to follow him,

On 3/8/2021 at 2:29 PM, PatOngo said:
On 3/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Dumb as a house brick, pulling out in front of an oncoming car. 

House bricks are smarter than that!

House bricks in Thailand are not very thick anyways.

Never  mind , after our  near  miss let's  all stand in the  middle  of the side  road to discuss it, what could  possibly  go wrong.

On a side note is  Thai  Visa  now  employing the Immigration website  designers to produce their website, it's  working almost just as  well.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, webfact said:

Thai Rath said it was noteworthy - apart from the frightening proximity to death - that none of the participants fled the scene, as is common in Thailand.

They only flee the scene when an accident occurs and don't want to take immediate responsibility, in this case I think both parties were too stunned to get off/out of their respective vehicles and confront each other.

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They only flee the scene when an accident occurs and don't want to take immediate responsibility, in this case I think both parties were too stunned to get off/out of their respective vehicles and confront each other.

You didn't watch the video, did you? 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You didn't watch the video, did you? 

Yes I did, but what I meant was one didn't just drive away as normal, or get off to kill the other driver.

Nice to see they had a pleasant chat and no violence, perhaps because they both realised that it was such a narrow escape, the car seemed to be speeding and the bike thinking it was alone in the night.

• Like 1