Thief arrested in Patong for slashing German expat’s arm

webfact

Thief arrested in Patong for slashing German expat’s arm

By Eakkapop Thongtub

exp.jpg

Photo: Karon Police

PHUKET: Police have arrested a man in Patong for robbing a German expat’s home in Karon last month, and slashing the German man’s arm with a knife after being confronted over the robbery.

Maj Pitchayut Srinak of the Karon Police reported that the suspect, Sompong Chaichana, 28, originally from Phang Nga, was arrested at a house in Patong yesterday (Mar 7).

Sompong faces charges of theft causing others to be seriously harmed and using a vehicle to flee the scene of the crime, attempted manslaughter, trespass and carrying a weapon in a public area, Maj Pitchayut noted in his report.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/thief-arrested-in-patong-for-slashing-german-expat-arm-79264.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-08

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Sompong faces charges of theft causing others to be seriously harmed and using a vehicle to flee the scene of the crime, attempted manslaughter, trespass and carrying a weapon in a public area, Maj Pitchayut noted in his report

Attempted manslaughter ? Never thought I'd say this, but I take my hat off to a German for not thumping someone !

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:21 PM, dmwbkk said:

Why hide his face? If he is guilty then there should be no issue of making the public aware of who he is and what he looks like.  They already stated his name. 

He has not been found guilty yet, that's why he's entitled to have his face obscured.