Schengen visa

Hi!

Do you know any thai who got a Schengen Visa recently? My girlfriend wants to visit me and I see that it's not forbidden for thais to arrive to Lithuania (I live there), but German Embassy told me schengen visas are still not being issued.

Any other way for her to arrive, maybe different kind of visa I'm wondering..

She should apply for a Type-C visa for purposes of Tourism from the Lithuanian embassy.

Keyword: girlfriend, not wife - so maybe not so easy.

You may need to provide some supporting documents e.g. invitation letter 

9 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

While since I have done it, but don't you need a visitors visa for a specific country first...then apply for a Schengen visa? Could be wrong.....

3 minutes ago, varun said:

She should apply for a Type-C visa for purposes of Tourism from the Lithuanian embassy.

Keyword: girlfriend, not wife - so maybe not so easy.

You may need to provide some supporting documents e.g. invitation letter 

I am reading that she might get National (D) Visa. At least this is what is written in the appointment with German Embassy (German Embassy is responsible for Lithuania matters) slip. But still a bit confused.

She will be visiting based on me inviting her, so I am covering the financial and accommodation requirements, invitation.

1 minute ago, Requiem said:

I am reading that she might get National (D) Visa. At least this is what is written in the appointment with German Embassy (German Embassy is responsible for Lithuania matters) slip. But still a bit confused.

She will be visiting based on me inviting her, so I am covering the financial and accommodation requirements, invitation.

Are you German? if so I think you have an uphill struggle in front of you. If you are any other EU nationality then I think the German authorities will find it difficult to refuse a visa.

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Are you German? if so I think you have an uphill struggle in front of you. If you are any other EU nationality then I think the German authorities will find it difficult to refuse a visa.

No, I am Lithuanian. We plan to only stay in Lithuania. Why do you think they will find it hard to refuse?

A schengen visa has many different types.

She cannot get a National Visa!!! Does she meet the criteria?

National Visas

The national visa of “D” category is granted to the certain individuals who are to be studying, working or permanently residing in one of the Schengen countries. The national visa can be of a single entry, granted to the people who are in need of residing in the Schengen country for a certain period of time and for a sole purpose after which they shall return to their country. On the other hand a multi-entry national visa is also granted for certain individuals, allowing its holder to travel in and out of this Schengen country as he/she pleases and also travel throughout the whole Schengen Area without additional visa requirements.

In order to obtain a multi entry national visa, one must meet the certain criteria:

• An international student program will grant a visa for a period of not more than one year.
  • An international student that is about to start a full course of studies in one of the Schengen countries. Again the visa is issued for a period of one year with the possibility of extending it.
  • A pedagogical work at a higher institution or research center in any of the Schengen countries, regarding the person and its close family members.
  • A professional who is traveling in any of the Schengen countries due to its expertise be it a sportsman, an artist or any other professional of its kind with the purpose of sharing its expertise.
  • Emergency cases as a medical condition that prevents the individual leave the Schengen Area at the designated time frame.

No, I am Lithuanian. We plan to only stay in Lithuania. Why do you think they will find it hard to refuse?

If you live in Lithuania you come under Lithuania law (which I know nothing about, but national laws try to make it difficult to bring in a foreign gf or even a wife)...if you lived in Germany you come under EU law and the "right to a family life"......the question then arises does a gf constitute family life?

Ignoring all that...I can't see any Schengen visas being issued for along time with covid on the rampage.

17 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

If you live in Lithuania you come under Lithuania law (which I know nothing about, but national laws try to make it difficult to bring in a foreign gf or even a wife)...if you lived in Germany you come under EU law and the "right to a family life"......the question then arises does a gf constitute family life?

Ignoring all that...I can't see any Schengen visas being issued for along time with covid on the rampage.

Lithuania is a member of EU. I think as long as thai nationals are not forbidden to enter Lithuania legally (they do) (if have a visa), visas should be issued. But that's just my and your opinion, what actually happens is a mystery ????

Lithuania is a member of EU. I think as long as thai nationals are not forbidden to enter Lithuania legally (they do) (if have a visa), visas should be issued. But that's just my and your opinion, what actually happens is a mystery ????

Ha......I as a Brit I lived in Germany for 25 years and brought over 5 Thai gf at various times. The Germans then get shirty about it and insisted no more!...the next one had to be married....so I ended up having to get married just to get a visa.....been together 14 years now.....!!!!

30 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

A schengen visa has many different types.

She cannot get a National Visa!!! Does she meet the criteria?

National Visas

The national visa of “D” category is granted to the certain individuals who are to be studying, working or permanently residing in one of the Schengen countries. The national visa can be of a single entry, granted to the people who are in need of residing in the Schengen country for a certain period of time and for a sole purpose after which they shall return to their country. On the other hand a multi-entry national visa is also granted for certain individuals, allowing its holder to travel in and out of this Schengen country as he/she pleases and also travel throughout the whole Schengen Area without additional visa requirements.

In order to obtain a multi entry national visa, one must meet the certain criteria:

• An international student program will grant a visa for a period of not more than one year.
  • An international student that is about to start a full course of studies in one of the Schengen countries. Again the visa is issued for a period of one year with the possibility of extending it.
  • A pedagogical work at a higher institution or research center in any of the Schengen countries, regarding the person and its close family members.
  • A professional who is traveling in any of the Schengen countries due to its expertise be it a sportsman, an artist or any other professional of its kind with the purpose of sharing its expertise.
  • Emergency cases as a medical condition that prevents the individual leave the Schengen Area at the designated time frame.

I'm not sure, maybe this National Visa is based on a permission to temporary reside in Lithuania.

Yes, I understand that Schengen visas have different types, I'm wondering if any of those are possible to obtain. Aiming for Visitor visa based on Invitation if there's such type.

I am waiting now for a reply from a thai agency which is a 3rd party in helping prepare all required documents for the German Embassy. Because I see the appointment written National Visa General Appointment. Wondering why they indicated such reason, maybe they know more....

I'm not sure, maybe this National Visa is based on a permission to temporary reside in Lithuania.

Yes, I understand that Schengen visas have different types, I'm wondering if any of those are possible to obtain. Aiming for Visitor visa based on Invitation if there's such type.

I am waiting now for a reply from a thai agency which is a 3rd party in helping prepare all required documents for the German Embassy. Because I see the appointment written National Visa General Appointment. Wondering why they indicated such reason, maybe they know more....

I should read the thread again....but what has this got to do with the German Embassy?

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I should read the thread again....but what has this got to do with the German Embassy?

Since Lithuania doesn't have an Embassy in Thailand, German Embassy is taking care of Lithuania matters. It's the same for all smaller countries that don't have Embassies in Thailand. Some bigger countries are responsible for smaller country matters.

15 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Since Lithuania doesn't have an Embassy in Thailand, German Embassy is taking care of Lithuania matters. It's the same for all smaller countries that don't have Embassies in Thailand. Some bigger countries are responsible for smaller country matters.

Got it.

As you say it will be a mystery for a while until you dig into all the requirements....many, if not all, will specific to Lithuania (not the EU).....good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived