Marriage Extension - Extra documents requested not heard of before

Hey

I’m on my way back home from Immigration at CW Bangkok and thought I’d share an update on getting my 1 year visa extension based on marriage. This was the first time I’m getting it so I’ve spent dozens of hours to research and get all docs right the first time. In the end I failed and they asked for several docs that I had never seen anyone mention is required before. 

We rent a condo in Bangkok second hand and in addition to all the docs they typically ask for when applying for the visa extension they also asked us for the following docs from the landlord: 

- Tab Bien Baan

- ID copy

- Title deed to prove they own the property

All three printed and signed by the landlord. 

This is in addition to the rental agreement and the TM30. Even the TM30 is typically not asked for according to most threads found on this forum but I brought it just in case. 

We asked our real estate agent to get these docs from the landlord but he said he never heard about this before and the docs requested are private so he’s not sure they’ll agree to it. 

Our application was perfect besides these missing docs and there’s nothing that stands out about us or the application. We tried to talk to two different agents to tell them that those docs shouldn’t be required but that didn’t help. Thought this info could help people applying for the same extension. 

Because of this, we now also need new bank docs to prove the 400K+ THB as it needs to be dated the same date as the application, they told us. Took us 1.5 hrs at the bank today and we need to do the same tomorrow again. 

These documents should be attached to any rental agreement, how else would you know that the person who you rent it from is actually the owner or allowed to rent it to you?

Before signing a rental agreement you should make sure to have them. I don't know if immigration usually insist on them, but sounds reasonable to me. (By the way, they want the copy of the house book from the place which you rent, not a copy of the house book where the landlord is registered, he might misunderstand this if you just tell him "a house book copy")

40 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Because of this, we now also need new bank docs to prove the 400K+ THB as it needs to be dated the same date as the application, they told us. Took us 1.5 hrs at the bank today and we need to do the same tomorrow again. 

What do you mean by bank docs? You attended CW, you could of went downstairs to the banks and obtained bank letter. The photocopy of previous 2 months you should have done already or can do at the photocopy stall same level. How did that work out to 1.5 hrs. Mine is done in ~ 20mins at CW banks.

Perhaps you struck very bad day.

Also not sure about same day bank leter at CW. Read many reports of bank letter obtained prior to day of application.

1 hour ago, TPDH said:

We rent a condo in Bangkok second hand and in addition to all the docs they typically ask for when applying for the visa extension they also asked us for the following docs from the landlord: 

- Tab Bien Baan

- ID copy

- Title deed to prove they own the property

All three printed and signed by the landlord. 

This is in addition to the rental agreement and the TM30. Even the TM30 is typically not asked for according to most threads found on this forum but I brought it just in case.

Well, they had been always asking for these documents.

Our house is in wife's name, and for the 1 year extension of stay they always wanted to see the original + copy of blue tabien baan (+my yellow one), wife's ID copy. The only thing they haven't asked for is title deed.

As for TM30, they started to ask for it two years ago. Before that did extensions without it, and then one day... they asked for it. Wasted another three hours making it + paying fine for not having one...

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What do you mean by bank docs? You attended CW, you could of went downstairs to the banks and obtained bank letter. The photocopy of previous 2 months you should have done already or can do at the photocopy stall same level. How did that work out to 1.5 hrs. Mine is done in ~ 20mins at CW banks.

Perhaps you struck very bad day.

Also not sure about same day bank leter at CW. Read many reports of bank letter obtained prior to day of application.

I believe SCB no longer maintains a branch at CW, which might explain tjis

I also have a form, competed by the landlord to say that we rent the property, so be aware, there may be another form you have skipped.

Never heard of the deeds before, but certainly - ID and house book for the owner, that tells them who they are and where they live along with the house book for the property you rent.

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

I believe SCB no longer maintains a branch at CW, which might explain tjis

True. Did not notice that he banks with SCB.

He mentioned "dozens of hours of research..."

I alone have warned folk in any post re CW that SCB does not have a branch there.

When did they finish? Maybe year or more.

Anyway hope he does better next application.

Archived