Slade guitarist Dave Hill: ‘I’d come out of work, put on my costume and suddenly I’d be Superman!’

snoop1130

Slade guitarist Dave Hill: ‘I’d come out of work, put on my costume and suddenly I’d be Superman!’

By Simon Hattenstone

6720.jpg

Dave Hill at home in Lower Penn, Staffordshire. Photograph: Christopher Thomond/The Guardian

It’s half a century since glam rock first dazzled Britain, and Slade had their first hit, Get Down and Get With It.

All four members of the original lineup are alive and kicking, but Dave Hill is now the only one who trades under the name Slade.

As is the way of rock bands, there have been sulks, tiffs and the odd tempestuous row.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/08/slade-guitarist-dave-hill-stroke-depression-glam-rock

40 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

By Simon Hattenstone

6720.jpg

Dave Hill at home in Lower Penn, Staffordshire. Photograph: Christopher Thomond/The Guardian

It’s half a century since glam rock first dazzled Britain, and Slade had their first hit, Get Down and Get With It.

All four members of the original lineup are alive and kicking, but Dave Hill is now the only one who trades under the name Slade.

As is the way of rock bands, there have been sulks, tiffs and the odd tempestuous row.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/08/slade-guitarist-dave-hill-stroke-depression-glam-rock

As a  hippy listening to 'meaningful' music,  Floyd etc in the early/ mid 70s, I thought Dave Hill looked a complete pratt with that absurd fringe and boots.

The songs were alright, drinking/ dancing music for the working class, but I can't think of anyone who looked more absurd.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:04 PM, bannork said:

As a  hippy listening to 'meaningful' music,  Floyd etc in the early/ mid 70s, I thought Dave Hill looked a complete pratt with that absurd fringe and boots.

The songs were alright, drinking/ dancing music for the working class, but I can't think of anyone who looked more absurd.

Yup, I was a Slade fan in my early teens but even as a young lad I was still too embarrassed to admit that to others ........ and all because of Dave Hill and his ridiculous appearance.

Slade Alive was about the only album that showed their “ rock “ roots without being spoilt by glam !!

A good album, worthy of a listen .