Brazil shows what happens if you don't lockdown

robblok

Brazil's hospitals reach breaking point as health minister blames new coronavirus variants

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/01/americas/brazil-hospitals-coronavirus-variants-blame-intl-latam/index.html

This shows that lockdowns are needed. This is why we need lockdowns to prevent hospitals from being overrun once that happens the death toll will rise even more.

I wonder what all the people who are against lockdowns and measures think about this. 

I don't like lockdowns but its unavoidable at times. This news was from last week its even worse now in Brazil. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Brazil's hospitals reach breaking point as health minister blames new coronavirus variants

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/01/americas/brazil-hospitals-coronavirus-variants-blame-intl-latam/index.html

This shows that lockdowns are needed. This is why we need lockdowns to prevent hospitals from being overrun once that happens the death toll will rise even more.

I wonder what all the people who are against lockdowns and measures think about this. 

I don't like lockdowns but its unavoidable at times. This news was from last week its even worse now in Brazil. 

Let's watch if the vaccinations  in the U.K. really protect , as they are  lowering seriously the restrictions  as schools open again and many other forbidden before things are allowed now ....so normally their high vaccination rating should have an impact on contagions .... however there is still the factor of the mutant viruses , let's cross fingers  ????

Test case is  U.K. for the moment about vaccination  effectiveness against c19 spreading .

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

Let's watch if the vaccinations  in the U.K. really protect , as they are  lowering seriously the restrictions  as schools open again and many other forbidden before things are allowed now ....so normally their high vaccination rating should have an impact on contagions .... however there is still the factor of the mutant viruses , let's cross fingers  ????

Test case is  U.K. for the moment about vaccination  effectiveness against c19 spreading .

As much as I hate the whole concept of lockdown, always have and always will, the Governments worldwide have been in a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation for the last year. As a mate of mine said only an hour ago, I wouldn't have liked to have had to make the decisions!

Most governments have ballsed it up in some way but at least the UK figures appear to be heading in the right direction   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

If you look at the vaccination figures in that link, Phase one is well under way (actually about 2 weeks ahead of itself) and Phase two should progress even quicker - fewer people who are presumably more mobile due to their ages. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VBF said:

As much as I hate the whole concept of lockdown, always have and always will, the Governments worldwide have been in a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation for the last year. As a mate of mine said only an hour ago, I wouldn't have liked to have had to make the decisions!

Most governments have ballsed it up in some way but at least the UK figures appear to be heading in the right direction   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

If you look at the vaccination figures in that link, Phase one is well under way (actually about 2 weeks ahead of itself) and Phase two should progress even quicker - fewer people who are presumably more mobile due to their ages. 

I am more curious of the result , as i expect the lockdown releases  shall anyway run out of hands..., (Brits knowing ???? ) ...., hence i refer curiosity to the result the vaccines go have against new contagions ....as they have a high rating of done vaccinations 

Edited by david555

It’s one thing for politicians to make mistakes in handling the epidemic, but in the case of Brazil, the federal government seems to be taking the approach that the virus is beneficial to the country, as it eliminates the weak and leaves the strong. Mostly.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 3:35 AM, Danderman123 said:

It’s one thing for politicians to make mistakes in handling the epidemic, but in the case of Brazil, the federal government seems to be taking the approach that the virus is beneficial to the country, as it eliminates the weak and leaves the strong. Mostly.

History will tell us whether countries like Brazil were right, or countries like Australia or countries like Thailand or countries like UK, specifically England.

All have had (and continue to have) different approaches, all have had their critics and most have had their praisers. 

We shall see but....what shall we learn from it all? 

• Confused 1

On 3/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, VBF said:

History will tell us whether countries like Brazil were right, or countries like Australia or countries like Thailand or countries like UK, specifically England.

All have had (and continue to have) different approaches, all have had their critics and most have had their praisers. 

We shall see but....what shall we learn from it all? 

Like you said its damm if you don't damm if you do situation. I mean health means less economic activity. But Brazil shows how bad it can get when you don't lockdown. So if your ok with killing of a portion of your population its ok. Then again in countries like Brazil people don't get money if they don't work. So they might have starved. In the Europe / US the goverments pay people some money to stay alive. But build up more debt. 

• Thanks 1