Question about in front of my house

Hi guys,

So i bought a new house and of course i want to design my garden and so on. In first 2-3 months i didnt touch the garden due to some reasons, so i just let other house cars park which i really hate. Tbh i hate cars blocking my view. thats the reason why i bought a house with the garden. And also i dont want to see cars when i look out of my window. I cannot understand why people dont park in front of their house or in garage too! Now there is this small soi connecting other roads in the village. By village i mean the place i bought the house, there are many houses in the same place. Its not a village we know but thai people call it village or Muu Ban. Mine is Suphalai. 

Anyway, I started to do my garden, really spending money and want to make it nice for my pleasure. Meanwhile I put a sigh saying please dont park here. Also dont smoke. Because yes, there is an idiot keep smoking in front of my house and throw everything there. Well after the sign he stopped smoking and talking with me which i kinda dont care. But again some of the cars keep parking and some stopped parking. So i went to homepro and bought traffic cone (3 of them) and a traffic chain to connect 3 cones. And put them in front of my garden. They are on the soi but not blocking or any harm to anything. maybe 80cm from my fence. Well everyone got the message and stopped parking. But after 2 or 3 weeks later, someone from the village office came and told me that i cannot put that cones there because its public area. I didnt resist or argue too much which i now think i should. Anyway i took the cones and now in front of the house has no cones. First day today and so far no cars parked. Im sure they know i dont want them to park there. 

Now, after dinner i was thinking about this and called my lawyer. i know sounds stupid but i did. He told me he needs to see the contract about the house and also must ask to the office about the soi side juristic regulations of that soi belong to village or private. Also he told me if there is anything in the house contract (i checked and nothing about it). Well i will not go to the office and ask for more details. 

But i was wondering about something... If i dont block the soi (i was also not but it was kinda on the soi too BUT again was not blocking any car or anything) and put that cones like touching to my garden fences. Will not be on the soi but like really next to it. At the end of the day its in front of my home! So if you know anything about this please let me know.

My last decision is to prepare a sign saying very politely and nicely please dont park in front of my home and hang it on my fence. Im pretty sure office cannot say anything to that. Ohh i forgot to mention that also the office say i cannot put the cones but if a car makes loud noise or likewise things i can tell to the office and they will contact with the owner of the car. Which probably will lead more problems. 

Well any info or suggestions on this please?

thanks a lot!

• Haha 1

Why do you think people build walls around their properties?

You cant stop people from parking on a public street.

You don't like cigarette butts? Call a policeman littering is illegal. Maybe get a large dog. Last year I bought a condo with a deeded parking spot. I put a cone there. After a few months the association told me it was an infraction and sent an official letter threatening large fine. According to the rules the only thing I keep there is a vehicle, with a sticker and registered. 

As said by others (and your project's management) you can't claim the road in front of your house. That people sometimes do that, in Thailand, is another matter. With smoking, noise or garbage, you may have a leg to stand on, otherwise, not much.

If you're into gardening, there are many ways in which you can block the view of the road, and the annoying cars parked in front of your house.

I’m not sure what you are complaining about... 

You put a sign up asking people not to smoke and not to park. 

The ‘smoker’ stopped smoking in front of your house and tried to make friends with you. 

The cones were a good idea, they put the message out there without conflict. 

When someone parks in front of your house again, just wait for them to leave and put the cones out again.

Wash, rinse and repeat... Or just accept that if the soi is busy, people will need to find a parking space, just so long as they are not blocking you in, and they are not parking in front of your house when they could park in front of their own. 

Its not really a big deal is it ???  making a mountain out of a mole-hill is the saying which springs to mind...

According to the OP it is not a public street. It is common property belonging to the mooban. Parking regulations, if any, will be defined in the village rules as approved by the Committee and kept by the Juristic Person Manager.

It is extremely unlikely that your neighbors are not allowed to park in front of your property. Sounds like they have already told him so. Take the good advice and fill your front yard with tall shrubs.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 8:23 PM, jackdd said:

Yes, people may park on the road in front of your house. No, you may not put stuff on the road to stop them from parking there.

Isn't this the same in most other countries as well?

thanks for the info.

actually in my country people can put stuff without blocking the soi or road. And also there is a common of respect to other people space so people dont park in front of other's houses.

So i was wondering if i could put things in front of my house.. because i see people put things such as; flowers, table to sit.. etc.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:37 PM, Oldie said:

Dig a hole so that people cannot park ???? Or to be on the legal side park there something very cheap with a licence plate. 

so my plan is to put some nice flowers in the pot or put a sign on my fence saying please dont park here, thank you

On 3/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, mahjongguy said:

According to the OP it is not a public street. It is common property belonging to the mooban. Parking regulations, if any, will be defined in the village rules as approved by the Committee and kept by the Juristic Person Manager.

It is extremely unlikely that your neighbors are not allowed to park in front of your property. Sounds like they have already told him so. Take the good advice and fill your front yard with tall shrubs.

yep.. i think people are free to park there

Edited by problemfarang

UPDATE:

well i printed a very nice sign saying please dont park in front of my house, thank you. and put it on my fence. 

seems its working and also i found out that it is ok to put a sign that way, but its not ok putting a sign TELLING them not to park. I also found out that it is ok to put small things in front of your house without blocking the road and it includes cones too. But it must be very very close to my fence and must look like its not trying to people dont park here.. but well we all know what it means. 

At the moment i think sign is enough.
thanks to all for posts