Thai crypto exchanges

Arfur

I was going to suggest bitkub, but I think they are overloaded at the moment. It might be worth contacting them and asking when they will be accepting signups again.

They stopped earlier this year when the site was down for a few days due to implementing SEC imposed improvements to stop frequent "website down" problems.

All seems good now.

I know there are folks that prefer Thai exchanges for whatever reason, but if it's simply that you have Baht that you want to convert to crypto (probably easiest to BTC first), an easy path is:

1. P2P (localbitcoins, paxful, binance p2p, etc.).... bank transfer to whatever seller, then you have BTC either in your P2P wallet or better yet, non-exchange non custodial Electrum, Coinomi, etc. wallet. 

2. Transfer said BTC to Binance (largest exchange in the world, super liquid; the account setup takes about 10 minutes; you can do it on your phone by installing their app).   Trade or hodl to your heart's content.    

Done.   Do the reverse for when you want to cash out.

Edited by Heng

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, Heng said:

I know there are folks that prefer Thai exchanges for whatever reason, but if it's simply that you have Baht that you want to convert to crypto (probably easiest to BTC first), an easy path is:

1. P2P (localbitcoins, paxful, binance p2p, etc.).... bank transfer to whatever seller, then you have BTC either in your P2P wallet or better yet, non-exchange non custodial Electrum, Coinomi, etc. wallet. 

2. Transfer said BTC to Binance (largest exchange in the world, super liquid; the account setup takes about 10 minutes; you can do it on your phone by installing their app).   Trade or hodl to your heart's content.    

Done.   Do the reverse for when you want to cash out.

Main reason for some is to convert crypto to THB. At Localbitcoins and Paxful you get a very bad rate and low limits, Binance P2P can't convert to THB as far as I now.

Anybody tried Upbit?

6 hours ago, kamarada said:

Main reason for some is to convert crypto to THB. At Localbitcoins and Paxful you get a very bad rate and low limits, Binance P2P can't convert to THB as far as I now.

Anybody tried Upbit?

Well, as long as you are creating your ads and are the seller (on localbitcoins, paxful, AND binance p2p), the rate is set by you, and you can most definitely set it to the market price of any major exchange.   And it's P2P, so you can specify your Thai bank account for buyers to transfer into, which will of course all be in Thai Baht.  

To each his/her own of course, but I particularly like these methods because if local banks ever go through the phase of not doing business with customers who receive regular transfers from crypto exchange bank accounts (which has happened in other places, the US included), you'll be somewhat insulated from that issue.  

• 4 weeks later...